“post storm stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
Syracuse, New York
“post storm stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

had been to revel once befor just to gamble, wrote about that under why all the haters? this time my daughter and a recieved an offer for 179.00 including 50.00 breakfast room service, 2 drinks worth up to 25.00 at lobby bar. we booked it for the week the storm hit, we changed it to the week after, making and changing reservations over the phone were no problem at all. i did recieve an email detailing our offer with a code to check in at kiosks in lobby to save time. two things that i didn't like were that they charged 25.00 to have two beds in the room, what is up with paying extra for sepperate beds. they also charge your credit card the full amount of your stay up front on your credit card the day you book the room, no 50.00 hold, i could go for that, not the whole stay up front. the desk clerk michael was very helpful and made us feel welcome, we checked in on thursday night at 8pm, no one in line, lobby was a ghost town, very few people in the casino, some of the restaurants were closed, as for our room, very clean, no dust or dirty windows or mirrors. great view, 45 floor. did notice wrapper and tissue on floor near elavator, stayed ther for two days...great showwer plenty of towels and shampoo. the tablet that controls everything in the room looks great but didnt work too well. wont go into it but had to call front desk seveal times for help, iam 56 and my daughter is a 27 year old pharmasist, who uses computers much more than me, we both had some issues with the tablet, and the tv remote, there were directions for the tv remote, but with out them we would be lost, there was no dial tone on the main phone attached to the tablet, not sure if that had anything to do with tablet. we ordered our breakfast for the next day from the other phone in the room that had a dial tone, we had 50.00 credit for breakfast with our room offer, they add 20% service fee plus a bunch of other taxes. i had the american, eggs,potatoes,bacon,coffee and juice 22.00 my daughter had a bagel with eggs and a few toppings and coffee, total bill was over 65.00 way over priced. the two drink offer was for two drinks up to 26,00, we ordered a martini and a rum and coke 26.00 with out tip, wayout of line. we played black jack 5 dollar minimum , dealer was very pleasant, lost 200.00, played wheel of fortune twenty five cent progressive, very tight, i had one wheel spin, my daughter had three or four. not many people in the casino. drink service was fine, when ever we needed a drink somone was around. the best part of the stay was dinner at American cut, we had short ribs and a small filet, crabcake app and a wedge salad. it was my birthday everyone said happy birthday who came in contact with us, nice touch. dessert was hot apple tart with ice cream and a chocolate mousse with ice cream, both very good, did not see the bill, but iam sure it was seveal hundred dollars. the casino is struggling, not just from the storm, we enjoyed our stay but would not go back without a comp room, food and beverage are way out of line. other plus was the gym, one of the best in any casino i have been in, and no extra charge.

Room Tip: just ask where they would stay if it was them
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

2,408 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
Vineland NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight on a Saturday to celebrate her birthday. We chose the Revel because they had a competitive rate for a "breakfast in bed" package, and since they are still basically a new hotel, we expected the property to be in great shape (as opposed to some of AC's more dated offerings)

The hotel is beautiful, plenty of glass and views of the ocean. Our room (King oceanview) was very large, with a marble bathroom and floor to ceiling windows. The room was very clean and very well appointed.

We ate at "Amada's", their Spanish tapas styled restaurant, and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We gambled a bit, but since that is not our "thing" probably only spent an hour in the casino. Seemed very modern and was fairly crowded.

We also caught the "Burlesque" show at "Royal Jelly". Basically this is a night club interspersed with burlesque dancers. Crowd tended younger (we are early 40's....) but overall we had a blast.

Room service the next morning, delivered as promised.

Overall a wonderful stay, would repeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Okemos, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Overall, I'd go with the Borgata. The Revel is huge and contemporary. There's nothing wrong with the place. But it lacks a certain warmth and sense of luxury that, at these prices, I think the Borgata locks up. Went to numerous restaurants here, and they were good. Especially the Mussell Bar. But the choices at Borgata really have the edge. And the fast, cheaper spots in the bottom of Borgata are welcome late at night or when on the run.
Thank you, Revel. The views are awesome, the rooms are cool, but I'll head back to Borgata next time.

• Stayed November 2012
Saint James, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Revel is the nicest hotel in AC- stunning rooms with a great view, the design is sleek and clean, excellent and friendly service. Casino is clean, modern decor and NO SMOKING!Just be prepared to walk a bit . The lobby is huge, and walking from the room elevator to the casino or garage can be a hike. Park on the 11th floor City side to be closest to the hotel lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tenafly, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We visited the Revel in June. The hotel had only been open for about a month. Brand new, gorgeous, chic, stunning, etc etc...Very nicely designed, though uneven from public space to public space. Some spaces were warm, eclectic and inviting, others edgy, others retro 70's. The place is vast! SO easy to get lost. And requires SO much walking, riding escalators, elevators. Situated at the far north side of the boardwalk [though, at this writing, after Hurricane Sandy, I do not know what is left of the boardwalk], you have to really trek far to get anywhere. To be honest, there isn't anywhere you'd really want to go outside of the hotel, so I guess its a good thing that its so huge! Harder to get bored! That being said, for a hotel this size there are NOT enough places to eat. When we were there, there was only one place to have breakfast!!! We ended up leaving the hotel and, $18 cab ride later, ended up in a divey luncheonette. We could not wait the hour to have breakfast at the hotel. There are several excellent upscale places for dinner, though. And the service at the restaurants was good. The service elsewhere at the hotel was poor. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they were understaffed as it had just opened.
The pool area is large and surrounded by the glass-y hotel structure, which, on a cool or windy day, can help keep you warm...on a hot day, it's like being in a broiler...or, remember those reflectors from back-in-the-day?
I did not check out the spa, which sounded amazing. Co-ed with bar service. Some type of salt rock room, too. I simply did not want to spend $185 for a Swedish massage, and, unless you are booked for a service, you cannot see the spa. Fair enough.
The casino is the only smoke-free one on the boardwalk. Really very nice. I am not a devotee, but I was impressed. The entertainment they get is really top notch. They are positioning themselves to be the young, hip luxury destination in AC.
Our room, which was standard, was wonderful. [see pics]. I am very VERY discerning, so, take it from me, it could be in Architectural Digest. Kudos to the designers. We had a room on the 43 or 44th floor...and the vistas lookling down the beach were exactly what you'd see in Miami. Definitely ask for a high floor facing south. The bathroom was very large and as nice as I've seen anywhere.
Bottom line, a perfect place for a couple or a girls weekend. I would go back...when the rates are low [HUGE room rate span posted in our room- CRAZY!]

Room Tip: High floor facing south
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here three times so far since it opened this last spring and its an awesome place. More like a Vegas hotel than an Atlantic City Hotel. One thing I noticed though, and maybe it has to do with the financial problems I read the place is having, but comps seem to be tightening. They used to have a scratch off where you could win up to $1,000 in free play if you gambled a certain amount, but this time we were told that is only on weekends now and you can only win up to $500. Also one of the places to eat inside Revel near the escalators of the hotel lobby level used to have a breakfast buffet that was awesome for people no matter what they were looking to eat. It had everything from simple fruit, to muffins, to meat and everything in between. On this visit we were told by our server that they no longer do that either except on weekends and then the price for it had gone from $21 to $24 per person. The slots seem to be tightening up quite a bit as well.
I love their indoor/outdoor circle pool and we swam in it a few days ago even though the temperature was chilly outside...it was still a dream.
The best things about Revel, aside from the airy spacious feel, beautiful clean rooms, and up scale feeling is---- and this is a dream for me, is the non smoking atmosphere. Here is a casino where you do not come out smelling of musty cigarette smoke or someone else's nasty cigar. You can actually breath in this casino. The others have non smoking sections but the ventilation sucks and you still come out smelling like smoke...or in my case where I'm allergic to it, completely stuffed up and unable to breath. I love Revel and I hope it picks up there and they stay true to the concept they had when they first opened.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I thought the revel was beautiful and modern. It's a different layout them any other
Casino hotel I have ever seen before. The hotel is huge and had many open spaces. They had many random seating areas which were nicely decorate, but kind of strange. I thought all the staff was very nice. The spa is beautiful and they have a great choice of restaurants. Overall I enjoyed and will go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Revel? Share your experiences!