“Very good, but...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
Okemos, Michigan
“Very good, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Overall, I'd go with the Borgata. The Revel is huge and contemporary. There's nothing wrong with the place. But it lacks a certain warmth and sense of luxury that, at these prices, I think the Borgata locks up. Went to numerous restaurants here, and they were good. Especially the Mussell Bar. But the choices at Borgata really have the edge. And the fast, cheaper spots in the bottom of Borgata are welcome late at night or when on the run.
Thank you, Revel. The views are awesome, the rooms are cool, but I'll head back to Borgata next time.

• Stayed November 2012

2,429 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (791)
Saint James, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Revel is the nicest hotel in AC- stunning rooms with a great view, the design is sleek and clean, excellent and friendly service. Casino is clean, modern decor and NO SMOKING!Just be prepared to walk a bit . The lobby is huge, and walking from the room elevator to the casino or garage can be a hike. Park on the 11th floor City side to be closest to the hotel lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tenafly, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We visited the Revel in June. The hotel had only been open for about a month. Brand new, gorgeous, chic, stunning, etc etc...Very nicely designed, though uneven from public space to public space. Some spaces were warm, eclectic and inviting, others edgy, others retro 70's. The place is vast! SO easy to get lost. And requires SO much walking, riding escalators, elevators. Situated at the far north side of the boardwalk [though, at this writing, after Hurricane Sandy, I do not know what is left of the boardwalk], you have to really trek far to get anywhere. To be honest, there isn't anywhere you'd really want to go outside of the hotel, so I guess its a good thing that its so huge! Harder to get bored! That being said, for a hotel this size there are NOT enough places to eat. When we were there, there was only one place to have breakfast!!! We ended up leaving the hotel and, $18 cab ride later, ended up in a divey luncheonette. We could not wait the hour to have breakfast at the hotel. There are several excellent upscale places for dinner, though. And the service at the restaurants was good. The service elsewhere at the hotel was poor. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they were understaffed as it had just opened.
The pool area is large and surrounded by the glass-y hotel structure, which, on a cool or windy day, can help keep you warm...on a hot day, it's like being in a broiler...or, remember those reflectors from back-in-the-day?
I did not check out the spa, which sounded amazing. Co-ed with bar service. Some type of salt rock room, too. I simply did not want to spend $185 for a Swedish massage, and, unless you are booked for a service, you cannot see the spa. Fair enough.
The casino is the only smoke-free one on the boardwalk. Really very nice. I am not a devotee, but I was impressed. The entertainment they get is really top notch. They are positioning themselves to be the young, hip luxury destination in AC.
Our room, which was standard, was wonderful. [see pics]. I am very VERY discerning, so, take it from me, it could be in Architectural Digest. Kudos to the designers. We had a room on the 43 or 44th floor...and the vistas lookling down the beach were exactly what you'd see in Miami. Definitely ask for a high floor facing south. The bathroom was very large and as nice as I've seen anywhere.
Bottom line, a perfect place for a couple or a girls weekend. I would go back...when the rates are low [HUGE room rate span posted in our room- CRAZY!]

Room Tip: High floor facing south
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here three times so far since it opened this last spring and its an awesome place. More like a Vegas hotel than an Atlantic City Hotel. One thing I noticed though, and maybe it has to do with the financial problems I read the place is having, but comps seem to be tightening. They used to have a scratch off where you could win up to $1,000 in free play if you gambled a certain amount, but this time we were told that is only on weekends now and you can only win up to $500. Also one of the places to eat inside Revel near the escalators of the hotel lobby level used to have a breakfast buffet that was awesome for people no matter what they were looking to eat. It had everything from simple fruit, to muffins, to meat and everything in between. On this visit we were told by our server that they no longer do that either except on weekends and then the price for it had gone from $21 to $24 per person. The slots seem to be tightening up quite a bit as well.
I love their indoor/outdoor circle pool and we swam in it a few days ago even though the temperature was chilly outside...it was still a dream.
The best things about Revel, aside from the airy spacious feel, beautiful clean rooms, and up scale feeling is---- and this is a dream for me, is the non smoking atmosphere. Here is a casino where you do not come out smelling of musty cigarette smoke or someone else's nasty cigar. You can actually breath in this casino. The others have non smoking sections but the ventilation sucks and you still come out smelling like smoke...or in my case where I'm allergic to it, completely stuffed up and unable to breath. I love Revel and I hope it picks up there and they stay true to the concept they had when they first opened.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I thought the revel was beautiful and modern. It's a different layout them any other
Casino hotel I have ever seen before. The hotel is huge and had many open spaces. They had many random seating areas which were nicely decorate, but kind of strange. I thought all the staff was very nice. The spa is beautiful and they have a great choice of restaurants. Overall I enjoyed and will go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ithaca, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

REVEL is at a different LEVEL. I love the simple modern design of this hotel. I highly recommend upgrading to an Ocean Suite-the room is stunning. When we opened the door we were overwhelmed by the breathtaking views. The rooms sit on the corner of the building so you have floor to ceiling windows that not only face the ocean, but also face with a view down the boardwalk. The sunset was out of this world. I had such a good night’s sleep… I just love the beds-great mattress and thick, crisp linens with a fluffy duvet. Ummmm. We had outstanding food at Logo, American Cut and One. Service was attentive and friendly. We were visiting right after Sandy and the staff seemed genuinely happy that we were there. A NON-SMOKING CASINO HOTEL… I LOVE not breathing in the smell of smoke. This is my favorite casino property… EVER!

Room Tip: Upgrade to an Ocean Suite...it's worth it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I tried to make my reservation online but keep getting a error message so I had to call the hotel directly. This was the weekend after Sandy and was going to go to Mohegan Sun but thought I would support AC after the likes of the hurricane. The night after I made the reservation I got a cancelation email. So I called the hotel only to find out that the agent made the reservation for the night I called. Shame on me for not checking the confirmation e-mail but I was late going out so I shut down my computer and ran. Shame on the agent for not reading me back the reservation information on the phone, somewhat a standard thing to do. I got an Ocean view room which faced north and the inlet and must say was very nice. Large floor to ceiling windows, modern decor, spacious bathroom (no tub) but large shower and separate commode. It is apparent they spent a ton of money on this place. The lighting is remote controlled by the TV remote as are the drapes in some rooms. There is a safe and mini bar also in the room. The only thing I would have like would have been a robe and more hangers (which I called for and they were delivered). The hotel itself was very sharp but seemed to be missing something especially when you enter from the garage. Signage to the Registration area was very poor, didn't know where to get off on the garage elevator. I also found the resort maps confusing, on one side you had the pictograph of the four floors but then everything was labeled with numbers so you had to turn the paper over to find out what it was. Now for F & B, we had drinks in Ultra Lounge and they did a great job. They had a roulette table in there and I believe a few Blackjack tables. We then went to American Cut for dinner. The food and the service were just average, my filet was a little dry and like most steakhouses you’re paying a la carte for everything. Our check for 2 was just over $300, but we did splurge on a $100 bottle of wine. Since the meal still cost $200 I wouldn't go back.
I did run into people leaving Amada who said it was awesome. Maybe we went to the wrong place. The next morning we went to the Breakfast Room for breakfast. Ugh, we waited for at least 10 minutes and no greeting, waiter or coffee. We walked out but stopped at the O Bistro Dining room on our way out to the boardwalk. The hostess was very empathic and suggested we sit at the bar for fast service. We did but it seems like they were swamped also. When the food finally did come, I had am omelet, it was tasteless. That was $60 for 2! They should be ashamed, perhaps they are trying to make up for all the freebees they give the heavy gamblers. So overall a great place to stay, although it seemed vacant at times, but there are too many good places to eat in AC so waste your money eating here.

Room Tip: As for a higher floor away from the elevators to avoid the late night/early morning party noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Revel? Share your experiences!