“We loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Uniontown, PA
“We loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2006

Me and my husband went on vacation in feb.2006, we stayed at the Resorts hotel in Atlantic city it was a excellent choice.The check-in was fast and friendly,and service was great.The room was very clean.We also ate at the buffet, very good food at a great price.All and all we had a GREAT time,and we will definatley be staying at the Resorts hotel when we return this summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
North Babylon, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2006

My husband and I have stayed at many hotels on the boardwalk and this, by far, was the best deal. We were very pleased with the accomidations, especially since we got the room for a great price over the internet. Everyone was very nice and they were generous with their comps. I will definately be booking a trip soon to stay there again. I will probably continue to stay there from now on. Most of the other hotels, for one reason or another left me with a bad taste. The hilton was the best but you paid for it. Resorts offers affordable, adequate accomidations with a friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2006
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2006

I called Resorts, interested in booking a two-night stay with my father-in-law and brother-in-law. This was to be their Christmas present -- a chance to play poker in Resorts' new poker room.

When I called to book a room, I was prepared to pay the rack rate, but the reservationist encouraged me that if I had a player's card, she could give me a nice rate on a room. My wife has a card, but I don't. So, I gave the reservationist my wife's card. I expressly said, though, that I would be coming with my father-in-law and brother-in-law. No worries!

Well, when we (my in-laws and I) arrived on Saturday night to check in, the check-in clerk (Lynn) said that she would have to check with someone in the back. She took my driver's license and my wife's player's card.

Back she came with a manager, saying they could not check us in. "Hotel policy" is that the player's card holder has to be there in person to check in the party. I was furious, but calm -- saying that the reservationist knew that my wife would not be with us, but booked us the room under her player's card anyway. They said that "if" that actually happened, then the reservationist was wrong. I asked to see the policy in writing, and one manager said that it wasn't a "written down policy", to which the other manager (Bryan Bernstein) said that it did exist, but that I wasn't entitled to see it!

I couldn't believe that we came all that way, and after 60 minutes of me debating with them, they could only offer that they could find us a room somewhere else in Atlantic City (at top dollar). We ended up paying the full rate at Trump Marina (a lovely place with kinder staff), and all Resorts would provide us as apology was a stinking $20 lunch credit for each of us. (There's no such thing as a free lunch, was never a more true statement.)

I asked them how often this happens, and they said that their reservations agents mess this up about 2 or 3 times A WEEK! How incompetant do you have to be, not to remedy this problem? It would be like having an unwritten rule that "All guests must wear a clown balloon hat in order to check in", but not tell anyone the rule, and then turn away anyone you wanted at check-in who wasn't bedecked in a festive balloon crown.

I find it very disturbing, too, that I later found out that Resorts cancelled "my wife's" reservation at 10:19 PM, moments after we walked away from the front desk. They obviously wanted that room for a higher roller.

Well, guess what? Resorts can IMPLODE down to a stinking pile of God-forsaken rubble, for all I care. I will never set foot in Resorts as long as I live, and I will never let any friend of mine go there, either. RESORTS IS DEAD TO ME.

• Stayed January 2006
Central New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2005

What a joke? The stay there was fun because we made it fun. Good luck trying to eat only one place to eat if your hungray around 4pm unless you like the worst buffett I have been to in AC. The casino is not bad and not over crowded but........The room in the ocean tower is straight from 1975. White carpets with burn holes, burns on the furniture, and the orange chairs in the room are so worn out you might fall through them if you sit on them. Also keep in mind the bed was like sleeping on concret it was so hard. Last of all when I checked in I was asked what card I would like to keep my $100 security deposit on. I gave the lady a credit card to leave the deposit. The only problem was they took the $100 out of my debit card which i booked the room with 4 days earlier. When I got home to my suprise they never took the money out of my credit card but billed my debit card which will tie my money up for 3 weeks. When I called the RESORTS about this they said there is nothing they could or would do and when I asked to speak with a supervisor I was told they supervisor was busy. WHAT A SCAM. One last thing if you order room service it took them 2 times to get all of the food I ordered to my room they seem to forget what you ordered and when I was told they would call me back with the total of my room service bill before they brought the food to the room GUESS WHAT they never did. So i make your own choice but mine will be to never go there again for $10 more you can stay at SANDS or SHOW BOAT or TRUMP PLAZA which have 10x's better rooms and customer service. GOOD LUCK IN AC WIN BIG.

• Stayed December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2005

My wife and I went to Atlantic City to see Depeche Mode at Borgota. At $300+ per night, Borgota was more than we wanted to spend. We were really just looking for a safe, clean place to spend the night and we definitely found that at Resorts. Parking was only $4.00 and our room was $145 + tax. The room itself was quiet and clean, with a TV, full bath, large closet and king bed (very firm mattress). A taxi to Borgota was $11.00, which happens to be the cap for taxis in AC, so for $11.00 you can pretty much go anywhere in AC. Service at Resorts was not outstanding, but it certainly was adequate. As far as gambling, all of the casinos are practically side-by-side, so your choices are open. Stay where you want, play where you want, or hopefully find a place that meets both. Read the reviews. If you are looking for a more laid back, mellow Atlantic City experience, or simply a decent place to stay, Resorts is for you. If you are looking for more action, energy, a luxurious feel, and a more youthful crowd, definitely stay at Borgota, but be prepared to open your wallet.

• Stayed December 2005
Scotia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2005

What can I say? I believe Resorts has updated an older facility and they did it right. We stayed on the third floor in the Ocean Tower, a "classic" room. The room was immense, the furnishings new and clean. The pedestal sink in the bathroom had little space for toiletries, but that was the only minor drawback. In addition, the service was outstanding. I'd definitely return.

Largo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2005

Got a room in the Ocean Tower for $59.00. Good value. Room was nicely furnished TV had more channels then usually found in an Atlantic City Hotel Casino. Plenty of towels and bathroom was clean Bed was comfortable. Currently the management is being very generous with their COMPS. I took up Resorts on the $250.00 rebate on slot losses. When I returned the casino actually credited me with the $250.00 as promised. Very impressed. Also recieved free night offers in the mail and substantial food comps from my first visit. Cocktail service is a bit slow in the casino at the slots. However there are a lot of table games available. $10.00 Blackjack tables available on the weekend. All the staff I encountered were friendly. I will be going back.

• Stayed November 2005

Been to Resorts Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!