“Had lots of fun!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
new york
“Had lots of fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed here in early April. We are VIP at Mohegan Sun, and discovered in the Fall that Resorts is a 'sister' property. We can use our comp dollars here and vice versa. We have a great host, Mike, who gets us a fabulous suite in the Rendezvous Tower. We check in at VIP check-in and Carol or Nicole take good care of us. Dining at Capriccio is fantastic! This last time we ate at Gallagher's Steak House and enjoyed it a lot. My husband enjoys the pool and spa. The casino is large with a nice variety of slot machines. The slot offers I get are quite generous. The shopping is nice- I especially like the store Marshall Rousse(sp?). Coming to a Boardwalk Hotel is a nice change of pace. As much as I love Mohegan Sun, there is no place to walk to. With the weather getting better, I am coming back to Resorts next month and look forward to walking on the Boardwalk. This last trip we went to the Landshark for a late night drink- nice! I suggest that Mohegan Sun people check out Resorts. My only criticism is that the VIP lounges are not open for breakfast and do not stay open late at night. Otherwise, as my title said, we had lots of fun!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

1,211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Bought a groupon for a stay at Resorts. Went to check in and the front desk did not have my reservation. The front desk person said I had to call the Hotel after booking it with Groupon to confirm a reservation. I checked with groupon and they said it was not true. Anyway the clerk said they were booked solid but still found me a room. Thank god because it was my brother in laws birthday. The room was nice sized but the bathroom a little small. Room was very clean. Beds were comfortable. Beautiful old hotel. Great location on the boardwalk. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Staff member stole my wallet from the casino floor. The employee was caught and arrested. Only after that did the hotel comp my room, which I had to ask for not offered. I still feel that more could have been done. Not only did I NOT get my wallet back I lost over $500 cash that was in the wallet along with all the time wasted not having my ID and credit cards on MY BACHELOR PARTY WEEKEND. First night one of my beds were not made up, I didn't make a big deal of it but to have my wallet stolen at a place I'm staying makes me very unlikely to ever go back and if so I will not bring any valuables. Most of the dealers were nice and friendly some others had bad attitudes

• Stayed April 2014
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I love to travel to casino destinations and Resorts Hotel Casino in Atlantic City is a new favorite. I was a big longtime fan of the Atlantic Club Casino and was saddened when it closed. Like many, I tried out several other properties and there was something missing, something wasn't clicking. Mike Bisson of Imperial Junkets urged me to check out Resorts. I learned that it was the first casino in Atlantic City. There are two towers, the one closer to the ocean is the older and it does have some wear but that is also part of it's character. Some of the windows still open, and I love to sleep to the sounds of the ocean. The newer tower is more modern and very nice but there is something about the older hotel that draws me in.

I love the little boutiques and shops that line the main floor that leads to the boardwalk. They are not the high end shops that you don't dare shop in. The casino is great, good size but not so big that you will get lost. I love the number and selection of slots and table games and some of the newer games that show up on the floor.

New dining options as well. Pizza shop on the casino floor - awesome thin crust! Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, great place to grab some lunch and a margarita of course! and there is a smaller casino room just across the hall, with the Margaritaville theme (I have done well in there). Some great fine dining such as Capriccio's with views of the ocean and some great Italian cuisine.

Resorts is right on the boardwalk and now has LandShark Bar & Grill, on the beach!!! I also love the pool which has a retractable roof - it's the best of both worlds!

There is so much to love about Resorts Hotel Casino and if you are a player (gambler) and want to check it out I highly recommend that you contact Mike Bisson at (704) 438-6968 http://www.imperialjunkets.com/, if you do not already have a casino host there, you will be glad you did!!!

Room Tip: Go with the old tower, views of the ocean, boardwalk, and some of the windows still open!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We were told when we needed to check out that we had to pay an additional fee of $5 for every day we stayed despite the cost of the trip being paid for through expedia. We were told Hotwire was the same. It was called a "resort fee" and covered the cost of things like the pool or other amenities. Well, check in is at 4pm and the pool closes at 6pm. How many people go immediately use a pool when they check in to a new city before it closes? It was ridiculous. I am not a fan of unsubstantiated fees being tacked on at the end.

Room Tip: If you go here, immediately use the pool or hot tub to make your additional tacked on rate of $5 per...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Babylon, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in a king room. Room was large, nice furnishings, clean, comfy bed. Bathroom was so dated...no where to place toiletries. Hard to tell if the floor to ceiling tile was clean....lots of stains. We had a second floor room....with a view of a roof which wouldn't have been too bad, however large pallets of black 4 foot square of plastic "sheets " of something were placed on the roof right outside the windows. Absolutely no view but these endless pallets. Kind of annoying. Also the windows were so drafty, the drapes were moving in the breeze with the window closed. We will go back to AC but will try a different hotel. Hard to believe Resorts was built in 1978....we thought it was the 50s!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
DMV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

For starters I am not extremely picky with hotels, as long as their clean, up to date and worth my money, I'm good. This hotel was below average. Check in was quick, front desk staff was nice, however My room had two blown lights and they never came to fix them, after me reporting it to the front desk, no follow up, no lights, nothing! So I had to deal with a dark room! This alone is totally unacceptable. The casino was upbeat, food choices in the hotel were plentiful, I can't speak to how the food is because I didn't eat at any of them. Location is good on the board walk. I can't comment on the pool, because I didn't go. The hallways were dark, musty and dirty. The room was not the cleanest and the bathroom was super super small. Overall my experience with this hotel was not good and I will not be returning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Resorts Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!