“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Milton, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed at the Resorts in both July and August for two nights each time. The rooms were fairly nice however on our first stay the tub/shower did not drain. Nothing more disgusting than wanting to take a shower, but after the first person, you were standing in their dirty water. Called housekeeping after the first day, but no one ever showed up. When the water finally drained, we took a cup and tried to rinse out the tub, but it went down so slow it was frustrating. Other than that, room service was good. Even got extra towels and coffee for the morning. Pool area and hot tub are showing their wear. Really needs some sprucing up, but I understand A.C. is not doing that well. Usually don't vacation in A.C., but the beaches were nice and clean. Will I stay at the Resorts again? Only if the price is right!

Room Tip: We had a room near the elevator and ice machine and I was a little worried about noise but I can hon...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family and I travel a lot and this is perhaps one of the worse hotels I've ever stayed in. First my reservations were screwed up from the start and when I went to the front desk to take care of it I was received with hostility; and when the correct rooms were found I had to wait two and a half hours for it. The rooms themselves at a quick glance were nice, but with closer review there were stains on the sheets, the heating and cooling system did not work well and the drains in the bath and sink did not work properly. Finding this out while shaving my face was not a nice site. And what got me the most is when I brought this to the attention of the management again it was a poor interaction with arrogance and a "not my problem" attitude. My recommendation is to find another place. I stayed at Revel after first two night at resorts and that was such a better experience.

Room Tip: Stay in the new tower if you have to stay here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Really looking forward to stay at the hotel featuring the newest Margaritaville and Landsharks! Have been visiting them all over the country (and world)!! What a disappointment. Atlantic City has never been known for stellar guest services, but I never thought it would trickle down to Jimmy Buffet's places. Maybe it just has not been open long enough to get the kinks out!

Advice, stay at Bally's and enjoy your drinks and entertainment at Bikini Beach Bar!! Far exceeds Buffet's as can be seen by the crowds!!

Room Tip: Stay at Bally's! Great location!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ResortsGM, Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hi Kathi, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're apologize that your expectations were not met during your visit and we have forwarded your feedback to management. Again, thanks for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you again.
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The warm and welcoming staff, coupled with all the wonderful amenities offered and location on the boardwalk, makes this the perfect place to stay. We found ALL the personnel throughout the entire resort always genuinely friendly and eager to help. The recent addition of Margaritaville casino, restaurant, and Landshark Bar/Grille right on the beach with live music were great fun and provided a tropical atmosphere distinct from the other resorts in town. Our room in the Rendezvous Tower was beautiful and spacious with a great view of the ocean. Loved the huge marble bathroom. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Truf, thank you for taking the time to review us - we appreciate the positive feedback! We're glad that you got to experience the atmosphere of Margaritaville and the Landshark Bar and Grille during your stay. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Received an offer in the mail stating I am entitled to a free room, but when I made the reservations, they didnt have any free rooms left but offered me a room at the$99, so we made the reservation for one night. The room was beautiful and had an ocean front view but ehen we went to check out, they were trying to charge us $359, told the clerk it was supposed to be $99, he left & returned to say he can give it to us at the$199, we objected again & he left once again only to come back and say he$119. After standing there for over a half hour, we said fine &left, but makes it seem to us like a scam to get us there
then charge as much as they can get from you. It ruined the memories we had there.

Room Tip: In the room we had, the windows did open and would be dangerous if you had children. Beautiful rooms...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I tend to be a sucker for chain hotels and as a Total Rewards member, I'd gotten offered a great deal to stay at the Showboat. Luckily, my friend Bryan, who lives in AC told me to take advantage of a Groupon Getaway for Resorts. I'm so glad that I did! I asked for a Boardwalk view on a high floor in the Rendezvous Tower and got exactly what I asked for. I took advantage of the free buffet which was good, not great, but you can't really argue with free. I also got to see Divas Do AC. Definitely not for the kids, but a fun show to watch.

The staff was very courteous, whether it was the desk staff or the casino dealers or the servers in Margaritaville or the Buffet. I loved that the dealers actually felt bad when I lost, which is not the same feeling I got from other casinos on the Boardwalk. My only complaint was that my remote didn't work even after I asked for a replacement. After a long day of gambling, I just wanted to watch TV till I passed out and it never seemed to work out. I will definitely return if I come back to AC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hi Daniel, thank you for taking the time to review us! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the view of the boardwalk from the hotel is beautiful - thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We just spent 2 nights at the hotel midweek. We were upgraded to the Rendezvous Tower. Huge bathroom with a very large room. Nice to have a refrigerator in the room. Loved the location on the boardwalk. Ate in a few of the restaurants and the food was very good. The staff was exceptional- very friendly and helpful. I was going to get ice for our room and a staff member walking by took my bucket, told me to wait and filled it up for me. Nice surprise.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hi JEG2013, thank you for taking the time to review us - we're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room in the Rendezvous Tower! Thanks for coming, we look forward to seeing you again soon!