“Good value and great location -” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
$79 BEST VALUE PACKAGE
Ranked #9 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Good value and great location -”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is old and they have done some rennovation but it's not a brand new hotel. Most rooms are fine. The Ocean tower is significantly better. The Rendezvous tower is much older. Check in staff are pleasant. The restaurants are decent. Gallagher's and its counterpart "Burger Bar" are nice. Cappricio's is very good as well. This property is roaring 20's themed which see forced at times. The dealers are in costume and look uncomfortable. If you get match plays and the rewards desk is closed (haven't seen it open in years) you have to go to the cage. The cage manager I spoke with was the rudest person I've ever met. I believe his name was Ed. I've had more coordial conversations fighting with my sister. I had to ask him im what I did to offend him. Ugh. For breakfast Breadsticks Is good. There's always a line so if its just you and a partner eat at the bar. This casino/hotel has an Asian room if that appeals to you. The hotel has a great location on the boardwalk. I'd stay with a comp room again.

• Stayed August 2012
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
On behalf of myself and our entire staff I would like to thank you for your thoughtful review. We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and our restaurants. At the same time, I apologize one of our team members did not meet your expectations for friendliness. I will refer your review to the appropriate managers and supervisors for improvement. There are many exciting and positive changes taking place at Resorts all the time and we hope you will continue to experience them with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
Stephens City, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I wanted a quick retreat and after researching a number of ocean front hotels chose to stay at Resorts. I was 50/50 even after reading the reviews. Boy am I glad I took the chance to stay here. Arrived on a Monday (valet parking-$5 bucks!) and had 2 guest in line ahead of me so no more than a 5 minute wait to get checked in.
*Was given an ocean front room which was Beautiful! Exactly like the rooms shown on the website, with plenty of open floor space. I have stayed in a suite that wasn't as big as this room! Bathroom was large (no low level shower heads as I had read about in reviews) which was another plus.
Stayed 2 nights and had easy access to the boardwalk and enjoyed the weather.
My only complaint was for the POOR street signage in the CITY, difficult to read signs and street names were different than what my google map had given me. However, I was able to maneuver around town with ease. Looks like there were housing improvements being made throughout town (which is always a plus to see in areas the are Vacay-towns).
Sad thou to know that Hurricance Sandy came thru the following week, however missing the area of the boardwalk where I stayed.
Will definitely go back, were else can you stay Ocean Front for under 50 bucks a nite??? MY rate 48.80 per night what a bargain!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of myself and our entire staff I would like to thank you for your kind review. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and the service you received. We hope to see you again at Resorts, soon.
Peru, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I spent 2 nights this summer.The room was comfortable, with a nice view of the boardwalk, and ocean. I confess that I am biased towards Resorts because as a regular visitor to the casino my room was comped, but I have stayed in other AC hotels and like them the best. My only complaint on this visit was that check-in was very slow, taking about half an hour, with only a dozen or so guests in line.Word of advice, for this and all the casinos, don't put a cent into a slot machine, without getting a free casino card. This lets them know that you were there, and even if you only wager a few dollars, it puts you on the mailing list for free things like offers of free rooms, and show tickets.

Room Tip: If you use self park, you will have to pay for parking each time you move your car. Be sure to bring...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at Resorts again during your recent visit to Atlantic City and for your kind and thoughtful review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team. Regarding the delay you experienced at check-in, we have recently begun placing a Customer Service Agent in our lobby to help monitor lines at check-in and check-out to further expedite the process for our guest. There are many exciting and positive changes taking place at Resorts and we are looking forward to your return visit.
Binbrook, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Just got back from a 3 night stay at Resorts. The room was spotlessly clean. The bathroom was dated but also clean as can be. All the staff were exceptionally helpful, efficient and polite. Pool was clear as can be and hot tub was huge and hot after a walk on the boardwalk in the sleet and wind. We ate at both the buffet and Gallaghers restaurant. Both were well worth the money. There were 4 of us in 2 rooms this trip and we could not have had a better time. Thank you Resorts staff and Management Paul from Ontario Canada

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying at Resorts during your recent visit to Atlantic City and for your kind review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend (9/14 - 9/16/12). Check-in is hit or miss. I.ve waited almost an hour to check-in and other times 5 min. The one thing I do not like about their check-in area now are all lanes that are set up. I never know which lane to get in and people are always butting ahead of everyone else. It doesnt make sense. It was so much easier when they just had one check-in line for the regular folk and one for Premier members. Wish they.d go back to the old way. Anyway, my room was comped, so off to the Ocean Tower we went. I've stayed at Resorts numerous times and all the rooms are set up so differently in the Ocean tower. This time our room was a bit on the smaller side, but it was clean and comfortable. So glad they got rid of the old tube TV's and replaced them with flat panels. They definitely need to put more outlets in the room. We had to unplug the alarm clock because we didn't have enough outlets for our chargers,etc. No room complaints, as long as it was clean and we had ample towels, we were happy. Love the small size casino. I know exactly where everything is. Resorts is one of the better casinos that gives great comps for food and rooms! One of the things that keep me coming back here. So be sure to sign up for a card and use it! You will be surprised how quickly your points add up. Rarely do we pay for our meals, we use our comps. I usually play Roulette, but my boyfriend saw a 1955 truck on the casino floor that they were giving away if you hit the jackpot. He's not much of a gambler, but he wanted to try his luck for the truck so we each sat down and played, buy my 3rd pull, I won a jackpot! Not the truck, but a very sweet jackpot! I had no idea how much I had won, until the attendant came over to pay me. I never win on slots, so I almost fell off my seat. Needless, to say, we had a fantastic w.e. at Resorts! We always come back to this place!

Room Tip: Play with your Resorts card. Comps are great at this casino! If you can, upgrade to the Rendezvous...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for staying at Resorts during your recent visit to Atlantic City and for your kind and thoughtful review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team and especially our Casino Marketing staff on the professional level of service you receive as member. There are many exciting and positive changes taking place at Resorts and we are delighted you are taking the opportunity to experience them with us.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed in the newly renovated Ocean Tower section of this resort in October. When I first stepped into the room, I thought that there is no way this was just renovated. The furnishings and window treatments look very dated...dark, heavy style reminiscent of furnishing from the seventies. However, I was reading the hotel literature in the room that informed me that they were going for a 20's feel in the rooms, so I believe the choice in furnishings was deliberate. I had always associated art-deco style with the 20's, not this heavy, dark decor.

The bathrooms did not look like they were part of the remodel nor did the ceilings..there were stains and spots on both. The bed was very comfortable, the staff did a nice job of keeping the room clean. There was some noise from a show or something around 9-10pm each night, but after that ended, I had a very pleasant night's sleep. Overall, I feel the amount I paid per night was a good value for the level of comfort I felt.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at Resorts during your recent visit to Atlantic City and for your thoughtful review. Regarding the decor of your room, it was very perceptive of you to understand the reasoning behind the look. These rooms were recently renovated and although the material may seem older it was designed to represent the period.
Tenafly, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just came back from an overnight stay at Resorts. Got the 48 dollar special in the Ocean Towers, 10th floor with a nice view of the beach/ocean. The rooms were clean and big (2 double beds) Bathroom had new sink/toilet. Some of the trim around the inside bathroom was old and chipping, but it was not an eye sore, nor did it matter with all the other pluses. The staff was courtesy and friendly. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying at Resorts during your recent visit to Atlantic City and for your kind review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team. We are looking forward to your return visit.

Been to Resorts Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!