“Dated hotel with poor customer service” 2 of 5 stars

Resorts Casino Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1133 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401-7329   |
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
“Dated hotel with poor customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The rooms are dated and in need of upgrade. The beds were well worn and not comfortable and damp. Around 4 in the AM the guests in the next room were having a rather load party. We called the front desk to see if they could ask the guests to keep noise down. We were put on hold twice for about a minute each time then told that we would need to contact hotel security and file a complaint, however the front desk could not transfer us to secuirty. When we reached security we were told someone could come to our room in about 10-15 minutes to file a complaint and then they could look into the problem. What could have been a 1 minute call from the front turned into a 30 minute ordeal. The next morning when we complained about the damp bed and hassle with noise we were offered an 15% credit towards off our room $280 room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Personally and on behalf of our associates I would like to apologize for the condition of your room at Resorts and that you were subjected to rowdy guests on your guest room floor. This is certainly not the standard that we have established. I have referred your comments to our employees and managers in our Housekeeping, Security, Front Desk and Maintenance departments for review and further training. Regarding the bed, we are in the process of replacing the beds in all our rooms with new memory foam topped mattresses. We hope you will give us another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I were offered a complimentary two-night stay at Resorts through Mohegan Sun. We had not been to Atlantic City in five years and we were pleased with our stay at Resorts. The only problem we had was at the registration desk where we were informed that we would not be getting a room in the Rendezvous Tower as we were promised when we made our reservation. We were upgraded to a mini-suite in the Ocean Tower that was lovely but had a terrible view of huge ac units. Fortunately for us, the housekeeping supervisor, Bridgit, intervened and found us the same type of room with a partial view of the ocean. Bridgit went above and beyond to help us and we truly appreciated it. We did not expect to have this type of problem since my husband was given a Paramount Card when we received out Welcome Package. The rest of our trip was a delight. The room was updated and clean with two bathrooms and a sitting area with a couch. We liked the rest of the property, the casino and the restaurants. The slots were very loose and the comp $ was good too. We also enjoyed the Diva Show. We look forward to returning to Resorts in the near future. Thanks for a great trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at Resorts during your recent visit to Atlantic City and for your kind review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team and especially Bridgett. There are many exciting and positive changes taking place at Resorts resulting from our new affiliation with Mohegan Sun and we are delighted you took the opportunity to experience them with us. We are looking forward to your return visit.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've stayed at Resorts Casino Hotel several times. There's just something I really like about this place.

It's not the newest or the hippest place in Atlantic City - but it is a fun, well priced, clean hotel with an exceptionally pleasant and accommodating staff, and a bustling casino. I also like its placement on The Boardwalk - close to Steel Pier, great beach access, and the neighboring hotels - if you're looking for a nearby dining or gambling change-of-pace - are excellent.

There are two towers, The Rondevous Tower and the Ocean Tower. I prefer the Ocean Tower which is in the older section of the hotel. It's closer than the Rondevous Tower is to the boardwalk, the restaurants, the pool/spa area, and beach access. This older section is actually the most recently renovated. You'll find better beds and bedding than in the Rondevous tower and you can get a view right out onto the Boardwalk. The bathrooms are still retro - but no harm there. Everything is clean and works. I suggest staying in the Ocean Tower - which strangely, is geberally less expensive than the Rondevous Tower. One crappy thing about the Ocean Tower though - there are really bad fake plastic tree-plants in the rooms. Just chuck it in the closet if you find it too annoying.

I also enjoy the spa here. And again, while older than others in the area, the spa at resorts is never too crowded - which makes it a great place to relax. The men's spa has a locker room, weight room - limited but enough to get in a good workout - a steam, sauna, and a large spa tub. Amenities for shaving are provided also. The only drawback is that the spa is only open until 6 p.m.

I have not eaten at all the restaurants in the hotel but Gallagher's Burger Bar is fantastic (try the kobe burger) and Breadsticks is great for classic breakfasts.

What's especially nice about Resorts Casino Hotel is that you get the feeling that they are happy to have you as a guest - and that makes a world of difference when traveling I appreciate this down-to-earth and friendly vibe.

The 1920's theme is a real kick too, complete with piped in music from a bygone era!

Recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at Resorts during your visits to Atlantic City and for your kind review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team. You obviously know Resorts well. There are many exciting and positive changes taking place at Resorts and we are delighted you took the opportunity to experience them with us. We are looking forward to your return visit.
Oakdale, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

On a return trip to Connecticut my wife and I stayed at Resorts on a recent Wednesday. We arrived an hour early but our room was ready. It was comfortable, clean, and well appointed. The view of the Atlantic Ocean and the Atlantic City inlet was panoramic. We had a dinner reservation at 6 PM at Capricios. Our table for two was roomy and overlooked the boardwalk and ocean. Although the dinner specials were an obvious bargain and with a nice selection, we both opted for a superb calimari with roasted peppers to share followed up by our favorite, sea scallops over angel hair pasta. Delicious. Tiramisu for dessert, but no Tuaca on the bar. The staff was helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: We were in room 5525. The floor was a good pick but shoot for a little closer to the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I would like also to thank you for staying at Resorts and recognizing our staff’s level of service. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team on the service level you receive while staying with us. We hope you will return soon.
New Columbia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This has been my first trip to AC in about 30 years and I wasn't disappointed. We stayed in the Rendezvous tower, and It was very nice! Very big room, the Hotel and casino were great! Was hoping to come the previous day, but we couldn't get there until 3:00am but was told they couldn't guarantee the room would be available that check in time was between 4-9 so we waited to come the next day! But was able to check in Earlier than we thought so that was great! than hit the slots! Sure we will be making more trips to AC.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying at Resorts during your recent visit to Atlantic City and for your kind review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team. We are looking forward to your return visit.
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Have been here multiple times and have written a couple reviews. Of the 8 or so times we've been here, we've always stayed in the Rendezvous tower and loved it. This time we had a room in the Ocean Tower, so I figured I'd write another review.

Got to the hotel early (11:30 on monday), and thought I'd see if we could by chance check in. John was very nice, and looked and said that there was a room available. What a great surprise being able to check in so early! I appreciate him letting us do so.

Got a room on the 2nd floor which was the only disappointment (but how could I complain at 11:30??). Could see the ocean a bit through the buildings and a nice view down towards the Caridge (which is beautiful at night) and Caesers. At night the lights from the roof right below our room were bright in the room, but the curtains did a good job keeping the light out.

I was very pleased with the room as a whole. Loved the decorating style. Beautiful furniture and lamps, and had a mini fridge (no safe though). The room was in great condition. Yeah, the doors were a bit old as were the windows, but the room was spotless and the style of it (to us) was great.

The bed was quite comfortable. The only complaint I have about Resorts are the beds are hard. This was the first time we've stayed there and had a comfortable bed. Hopefully they're replacing them all.

The bathroom is ugly and small, but it serves its purpose. The tile work is very dated, but was shocked at how clean it was. No mold/mildew at all in the tiles/tub area, and the tiles surprisingly are in great condition for the age they must be.

If I had a choice, I'd choose Rendezvous Tower, but would have no issue at all staying in the Ocean Tower again.

We love Resorts. Always enjoy eating at Gallaghers Burger Bar and Breadsticks, love the casino, and always end the night at 25 hours bar where the staff is nice and drafts cheap.

Just as a side note, we also stayed a night in the Taj Chairman tower, and was surprised that for all the hype it gets, we find the Rendezvous tower just as good. The Chairman tower had more modern colors, but everything else was comparable in the rooms (down to the hard beds).

Resorts is our favorite place, and we will continue to come back and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for staying at Resorts during your recent visit to Atlantic City and for your kind review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team. There are many exciting and positive changes taking place at Resorts and we are delighted you are taking the opportunity to experience them with us. A recent change you will be pleased to hear about, we are replacing all beds throughout Resorts with new memory foam topped mattresses. We are looking forward to your return visit.
Tarrytown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My girlfriend and her sister and I spent two nights. Thursday and Friday at Resorts in the middle of August and it was a decent experience. Atlantic City is way different than Vegas as far as quality and standards go, and being a boy who grew up in Henderson, NV and having a mother as a cocktail server on Fremont St. I am highly critical of my experiences with beverage servers/bartenders when I go out.

Now I am a resident in Tarrytown, NY and I like to come to Atlantic City to get my gambling fix. This was the first time I ever went to Resorts and this is the first time I've reviewed a casino ad I plan on doing so from now on. I am a regular and a cardholder at Harrah's and I have a low tier for the Trump properties but I decided against picking up a card here at Resorts for my first time visiting.

The rooms were very well priced and as far as quality goes I understand why. I stayed in the Rendezvous tower which had good security but I've personally stayed in nicer rooms at other properties. I felt a little harassed by security at times becuase my girlfriend's sister constantly had to go up and down to the room throughout the night.

We like to play progressive slots, double diamond, and the trendy wizard of oz and sex and the city slots they offered. Slot attendants were helpful when girlfriend had a mishap with a ticket that printed blank. Never had that happen before at any other casino but it was handled well here and I commend the slot department for that.

I remember four servers out of the dozen or so I had that weekend. They were all beautiful which is great...and the costumes are a little ridiculous but very sexy but the theme seems to be a little inconsistent. The first one I remember was later on during the night, a tall Spanish(?) woman named GInette. Ginette was helpful and knowledgable about where to find certain slot machines and smoking areas. I was happy for her help because the smoking areas are relatively hard to find and theree are no signs directing you toward them and we smoke. There are only little signs on particular slot rows which is incovenient and hard to bear with. Ginette pointed them out for us though. THe next server I remember was a young woman named Julie whom was very memorable. This server was extremely friendly and her pleasant attitude was very enjoyable considering there were a few rowdy and aggravating young people playing near us and she lightened the mood. Even my sour puss girlfriend's sister enjoyed this waitress and she's practically impossible to please. Julie recommended some dessert drinks for us because we came down to play after eating at Gallagher's. She also seemed very grateful for her tip which was lovely because I've had waitresses who barely acknowledge you when you hand them your money. The next server I remember was an older RUssian girl named Natalie who was very fast with the order and was not stingy on our drinks whatsoever, and didn't mind adhering to my complaning girlfriend about her coffee which was, at first, not sweet enough. Natalie brought back a fresh coffee with a smile on her face and no trouble. The next server I remembered was a man, Edgar who seemed a little rushed and less attentive to serving us but overall my entire experience with the servers on the casino floor was good.

The only real unpleasant aspect of the casino floor was when we played before heading up to dinner on Thursday night. There was a lounge singer/singing bartender and the noise was excruciating. I feel bad for reviewing on her badly but quite frankly, I felt that her performance was a little inappropriate and over-the-top for the environment. I felt like if she had just turned down the volume a notch or so it would have been more bearable but the noise was at the level of an F4 Plane roaring by and it was so bad that we moved toward the boardwalk and away from the bar that she sung in. The songs she sang were bad, just plain awful, and almost age inappropriate. We almost stopped in the lounge for a drink until we heard her...turned around went back down the stairs and decided to hold off on drinks until the cocktail server came around to us at the slots. They really need a new performer.

I rate this place well and I will take the time to do a more thorough review of the restaurants because the place had some really good food. Again, its very important to me that my beverage servers supplying our free drinks are giving us a good experience and that the bartenders.servers in the club are doing the same. We visited Night Fever which was a decent experience and I will rate that and write a review on that restaurant as well. I will probably return and maybe even consider a players card because I heard they are under new ownership and that the card will be playable at other casinos, I would like to find out which ones I can play their card with in Atlantic CIty.

Room Tip: Definitely pick the Rendezvous tower over the Ocean Tower.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying at Resorts during your recent visit to Atlantic City and for your kind and thoughtful review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team and especially the Casino cocktail wait staff on the professional level of service you received while playing with us. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Been to Resorts Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!