“My experience in August at Resorts-two night stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$149 BEST VALUE PACKAGE
Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Tarrytown, New York
“My experience in August at Resorts-two night stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My girlfriend and her sister and I spent two nights. Thursday and Friday at Resorts in the middle of August and it was a decent experience. Atlantic City is way different than Vegas as far as quality and standards go, and being a boy who grew up in Henderson, NV and having a mother as a cocktail server on Fremont St. I am highly critical of my experiences with beverage servers/bartenders when I go out.

Now I am a resident in Tarrytown, NY and I like to come to Atlantic City to get my gambling fix. This was the first time I ever went to Resorts and this is the first time I've reviewed a casino ad I plan on doing so from now on. I am a regular and a cardholder at Harrah's and I have a low tier for the Trump properties but I decided against picking up a card here at Resorts for my first time visiting.

The rooms were very well priced and as far as quality goes I understand why. I stayed in the Rendezvous tower which had good security but I've personally stayed in nicer rooms at other properties. I felt a little harassed by security at times becuase my girlfriend's sister constantly had to go up and down to the room throughout the night.

We like to play progressive slots, double diamond, and the trendy wizard of oz and sex and the city slots they offered. Slot attendants were helpful when girlfriend had a mishap with a ticket that printed blank. Never had that happen before at any other casino but it was handled well here and I commend the slot department for that.

I remember four servers out of the dozen or so I had that weekend. They were all beautiful which is great...and the costumes are a little ridiculous but very sexy but the theme seems to be a little inconsistent. The first one I remember was later on during the night, a tall Spanish(?) woman named GInette. Ginette was helpful and knowledgable about where to find certain slot machines and smoking areas. I was happy for her help because the smoking areas are relatively hard to find and theree are no signs directing you toward them and we smoke. There are only little signs on particular slot rows which is incovenient and hard to bear with. Ginette pointed them out for us though. THe next server I remember was a young woman named Julie whom was very memorable. This server was extremely friendly and her pleasant attitude was very enjoyable considering there were a few rowdy and aggravating young people playing near us and she lightened the mood. Even my sour puss girlfriend's sister enjoyed this waitress and she's practically impossible to please. Julie recommended some dessert drinks for us because we came down to play after eating at Gallagher's. She also seemed very grateful for her tip which was lovely because I've had waitresses who barely acknowledge you when you hand them your money. The next server I remember was an older RUssian girl named Natalie who was very fast with the order and was not stingy on our drinks whatsoever, and didn't mind adhering to my complaning girlfriend about her coffee which was, at first, not sweet enough. Natalie brought back a fresh coffee with a smile on her face and no trouble. The next server I remembered was a man, Edgar who seemed a little rushed and less attentive to serving us but overall my entire experience with the servers on the casino floor was good.

The only real unpleasant aspect of the casino floor was when we played before heading up to dinner on Thursday night. There was a lounge singer/singing bartender and the noise was excruciating. I feel bad for reviewing on her badly but quite frankly, I felt that her performance was a little inappropriate and over-the-top for the environment. I felt like if she had just turned down the volume a notch or so it would have been more bearable but the noise was at the level of an F4 Plane roaring by and it was so bad that we moved toward the boardwalk and away from the bar that she sung in. The songs she sang were bad, just plain awful, and almost age inappropriate. We almost stopped in the lounge for a drink until we heard her...turned around went back down the stairs and decided to hold off on drinks until the cocktail server came around to us at the slots. They really need a new performer.

I rate this place well and I will take the time to do a more thorough review of the restaurants because the place had some really good food. Again, its very important to me that my beverage servers supplying our free drinks are giving us a good experience and that the bartenders.servers in the club are doing the same. We visited Night Fever which was a decent experience and I will rate that and write a review on that restaurant as well. I will probably return and maybe even consider a players card because I heard they are under new ownership and that the card will be playable at other casinos, I would like to find out which ones I can play their card with in Atlantic CIty.

Room Tip: Definitely pick the Rendezvous tower over the Ocean Tower.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for staying at Resorts during your recent visit to Atlantic City and for your kind and thoughtful review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team and especially the Casino cocktail wait staff on the professional level of service you received while playing with us. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

OK, no one will confuse Resorts with the Borgata, but here is why I gave this place a 5. I travel to AC about 5 times a year for business. I have stayed at almost every hotel over the last 3-4 years. The bottom line is that I keep going back to the resorts because the rooms are big and clean, especially after the remodel. The decor never gets old with the art deco theme, they have great restaurants, very friendly staff, low parking fee, and right on the boardwalk. and here is the kicker that sends it over the top for me, I usually am there during the week so I have stayed with rates as low as $39 bucks!!! In a world of $15 dollar martinis, $45 dollar/nt parking, it's good to finally get some value back the other way.

Like I said, the Borgata is a newer and overall nicer hotel, but for the money, I will take the old school charm and value of the Resorts.

Room Tip: Stay in the Rendezous tower for a larger room. But since they updated the Ocean Tower, those rooms a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
On behalf of myself and our entire staff I would like to thank you for your kind review. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and our service...and appreciating the value Resorts adds to your visits. We look forward to serving you again soon.
New Hyde Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We always stay at Resorts. The prices of the rooms are unbeatable, especially during mid-week. Nice rooms,
friendly staff and good food too. Mostly we had room service deliver our meals and quality and speed were all top shelf. We'll be back. (Slots are a little tight though)

Room Tip: Mid week prices are unbeatable.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for staying at Resorts during your recent visit to Atlantic City and for your kind review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team. There are many exciting and positive changes taking place at Resorts and we are delighted you are taking the opportunity to experience them with us. We are looking forward to your next visit.
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed in the Rendevous Tower & we were very happy...Room was clean, roomy, & we were treated fantastic.We didn't like the fact the buffet wasn't opened for breakfast. Only bad part was we travelled from Ont. & found the casino payouts bad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
On behalf of myself and our entire staff I would like to thank you for your kind review. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and the service you received. Regarding our Buffet, it is opened for lunch and dinner daily and for breakfast on a seasonal basis. We do, however, serve an excellent breakfast in our Breadsticks restaurant every day of the year. We hope to see you again at Resorts, soon.
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

While the location and price is great the little critters crawling are not. I just hope I did not bring them home. All my clothes just went in the wash and I threw the duffle bag away. I've gone to AC several times and stayed at alll the Trump Casinos, Bally's, Ceasars, Tropicana even what used to be the Hilton and neve had this problem. This is a huge epidempic and while they don't carry any diseases, they are quite itchy and annoying. I do not mean this to hurt buisness at Resorts, I just would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 838 Ocean Tower 1, Bed Bugs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Personally and on behalf of our staff and management I would like to apologize for your experience during your recent stay at Resorts. Thank you for identifying the room you stayed in which was inspected immediately after seeing your posting by a professional exterminator. Hopefully reassuring for you, after disassembling the bed they found no evidence of any bugs.

If you have the opportunity to read expert opinions on these creatures you will learn that:

Bed bugs don't care about cleanliness! They can thrive in an immaculate five-star hotel room, on public transportation or in upscale department stores just as easily as anywhere else. All they need is proximity to people to transport them to new locations and a crevice to hide in.

Mattresses, box springs and headboards are the most common hiding places for the bugs. This is the reason we wrap every box spring and mattress in our facility to reduce the hiding places.

Your luggage should be stored off the floor and for this reason we provide luggage racks in every room.

Even an expert technician might not find anything without disassembling furniture. This is the reason we do this with every room which has a reported incident.

Philadelphia and New York are the number 1 and 2 locations for bedbugs in the USA and most people staying with us are exposed to these areas by their work, friends or neighbors.

I hope this helps explain some of the misconceptions; however, we want to once again apologize for your stay being uncomfortable. We hope that you will give us another chance on a subsequent visit to Atlantic City.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Read many of the harsh reviews on here for this resort and noticed that the management were providing feedback to most of them as to ways they have been trying to improve so when my wife and I decided to go we thought we would give them a chance and we were very happy with our decision. The rooms are huge, larger than most 1 bedroom apartments and the furnshings were very classy, only knock on the room was the carpets and wall were a bit aged but still sufficiently clean as far as we were concerned. The staff security and parking people were all very helpful and the resort is right on the boardwalk which is very convenient. :-) Hope they continue to improve upon the resort so they get more positive reviews. We will be very happy to be booking with them again next year for a longer stay. THANKS

Room Tip: Rooms are huges and if above the 3rd floor on the south side have a great view of the ocean. Beds ar...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at Resorts during your recent visit to Atlantic City and for your kind review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team. There are many exciting and positive changes taking place at Resorts and we are delighted you took the opportunity to experience them with us. We are looking forward to your return visit.
Neptune, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

After Studio 6 closed, i wasn't sure about returning to AC. Resorts has done us proud boys! You will feel welcome and see a great show. Prohibition is fun....small, but fun. The bartenders make great drinks and the music is wonderful. It's worth taking a week off from the pretentious nature of Fire Island and letting your hair down if you haven't lately. Just remember to leave the "tude" at home.... ;-)

Room Tip: Look to the East!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at Resorts during your recent visit to Atlantic City and for your kind review. It will be a pleasure to share your comments with our team and especially the staff of Pro Bar (Prohibition) on the service level you received while staying with us.

Been to Resorts Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!