“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Atlantic City
Eden, North Carolina
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We had the best trip ever. We actually got to see some famous faces. All of our food was comped based upon our gambling. It was a great trip, and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Thank you for your great comments. Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Lindsay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We stayed in a Tower Room (Northeast, I believe). The room was lovely and spacious. The bathroom was roomy, with a nice vanity area.We were there the first week of January, so the price was much better than what we were expecting. It is downtown, close to stores, and the boardwalk. We decided to stay an additional night, and even though they were going to be working on the vents on our floor, we were given another room at the same rate and it was equal to the first. We tried 2 of the restaurants, the food was quite good.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
I am glad that you overall found your January stay at Resorts Casino Hotel to be fun and of great value. We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Sorry for such a late review, better late than never right?
Everything in the room was old, and it wasn't very clean. The beds were hard as a rock and not very comfortable. I gave the hotel an average rating because if you're in Atlantic City to drink and gamble like we were, you can't beat the price and the location of being on the boardwalk. One good thing that I really appreciated (as silly as this may sound) was that they had really good water pressure in the shower!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at Resorts Casino Hotel. I could not agree more that you can't beat the price and the location of being on the boardwalk.

The Management and Staff at Resorts continually strive to meet or exceed your expectations however, it appears we missed the mark in this case:
- Every single room was renovated and our Ocean Tower feature a theme reminiscent of the Roaring 20's which might have been construed as "old" when in fact it is brand new.
- A small amount of rooms do have mattresses which could be considered "hard". These are being switched out in the very near future.

Personally and on behalf of Resorts please accept my sincerest apologies. Please be assured that you can reach the Front Desk Assistant Manager, day or night, should you choose to come back so that we can make each and every one of your stays an enjoyable one. Thank You.
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012 via mobile

Front Desk Clerk was not friendly, she handed us our key n turned away. No direction how to get anywhere. Not a good first impression!!!! When we finally got to our room, it was great!!! Huge Lovely bathroom :) great location!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011
Croatia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

After we spent a night in Harrah's we decided to stay another night in AC, but it was Friday night and it was hard to find a cheap accomodation. In the last moment I get an excellent price for Resorts for about 45 usd (Friday). We didn't care much for accomodation as we were out whole day (shopping at Walk and seeing other hotels)...but I really need to say that this hotel is missing something.

- We had a room in old wing, for that price I understand it will not be top class. Room was pretty nice, but bathroom was disaster, Broken window, brown water in the first 30 seconds, old bathroom look - you even don't want to take a shower there...
- Casino was not very good, choice of slots is poor, didn't find it very intersting so I left to some other hotels to gamble.
- Prices in restaurants and stores were much higher than I expected so after one dinner in Asian restaurant and croissant in bakery we didn't want to give them another dollar as I thought it was shamely expensive...
- The atmosphere in hotel was much poorer than in Harrah's and we agreed that this hotel can't be even close to Harrah's. We didn't feel good here...
- Check-in and check-out is a pain, as there are only one or two desks open with many people waiting. There are many older guests so they need more time to do what they need to do, so you will lose some time waiting...

Ocean City, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

The employees of this hotel are ignorant and unhelpful. They would not let me check into both of the rooms that I booked and paid for. I explained to him that they were booked by me at the same time on my credit card so I didn't understand why I couldn't check into both of them. It just didn't make sense. He couldn't explain anything to me. I then got help from a different employee at the front desk who allowed me to check into both of my rooms. My friend walked up to me and asked if I would ask him for rooms that were side by side. Before I could say yes, he looked at her and said, "Um ma'am- how about you let me do the talking!" This is completely uncalled for especially since she wasn't even speaking to him, she was speaking to me! He knew that I has 4 people in each room, and instead of giving us rooms side by side they were on opposite ends of the hallway and they had 1 king size bed instead of two double beds and the room hadn't even been cleaned yet. It also looks like someone took a crowbar to the door. When I went back downstairs to ask him to switch rooms, I told him why and showed him the pictures we took. He didn't even apologize. He ignored the pictures of the door, and called someone to tell them that the room was marked in the system as clean when it wasn't. This person must have gotten an attitude with him because they got into a mini argument about it. He then finally booked me two rooms across from each other. Check in took over an hour and this was before I had to come back down and change rooms which took another 30 minutes. The beds felt like you were sleeping on bricks. The front desk wouldn't recommend anything outside of the hotel. The only thing this hotel has going for it is the extremely nice doormen and it's location. I would never stay here again, you can definitely find a better value for your money somewhere else.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel- not only were the beds uncomfortable but the water turned freezing cold on y...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Nico B, General Manager at Resorts Casino Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
First personally and on behalf of the staff at Resorts I would like to apologize for the service you received. We strive to give excellent customer service each and every day and we missed the mark in your instance. As a result we are starting a new empowerement program for the Front Desk agents which will allow them to resolve issues such as your quickly and efficiently.

As a matter of record we are unable to check a room in if the reservation name does not match the person checking in even if the method of payment does. This is meant as a safety precaution not unlike giving room keys to someone whose name is not registered with the room.

TIP: Check-in at times can be challenging as we are counting on guests to check-out on time so we are able to clean the rooms in orderly fashion. If everyone attempts to check in at 1:00pm when most check-outs are at 11:00am or noon there will be guests waiting for rooms even when we have 100 housekeeping attendants working. For this reason we recommend that you come in after 4:00pm to check-in. After 6:00pm there is little chance you would even see a line. And remember that there is always a supervisor or manager on duty, so feel free to ask for them for either compliments or help. Thanks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I used the groupon for a nice value at Resorts. Despite seeing a lot of awful reviews about Resorts, I found the hotel nice. I stayed at the Rendezvous Tower. The bathroom and room were huge and clean. The pool was so so, and I am not much of a gambler so I was pretty indifferent to the casino floor, which was like most in AC. The food though at Breadsticks was overpriced and pretty crappy.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Resorts Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!