“Go for Happy Hour!” 4 of 5 stars

609-340-5030
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 347 restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Denver, Colorado
“Go for Happy Hour!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

While the Chart House is a famous chain and can be generally counted on for great food and romantic views, but for this one you should definitely go hear for Happy Hour. You get that same Chart House food with tasty drinks and the happy hour prices. Recommend the tuna tartar with the plantain chips.

Visited August 2013

82% Recommend
Baltimore, Maryland
“Expensive, Uneven Food with excuses”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

On Sunday, August 11, my Wife and I ate at the Chart House at the Atlantic City, Golden Nugget. The restaurant was very crowded and fairly loud. The ambience is OK, but leans toward a 70's retro feel with aqua and greens. Service was very good.

We both ordered a glass of Sangria. To start, my Wife ordered the ordered the crab stack and I ordered a chopped salad. . The starters arrived before the wine which is never a good sign and normally shows a restaurant rushing you in and out. The food was placed in front of us by a runner without an offer of a pepper mill etc. The crab stack was very good. The chopped salad was over dressed with a dressing that was so sweet it seemed more like desert than salad. I sent that back and ordered a Caesar salad instead. That salad was also over dressed, but it was at least edible.

My wife ordered a Caesar Salad for her entree. It was the same as mine, overdressed. I ordered a mixed seafood grill. . These plates were also dropped by a runner who quickly walked away.

The seafood grill plating was so sloppy the sauces had run into each other. The food had then been thrown on the plate and then had been left sitting around for a while. (Retaliation for sending the salad back? Who knows!) The bronzed fish was undercooked and cold, the shrimp were overcooked to the extent they were rubbery and were ice cold, and the crab cake was crab meat thrown on the plate so that it just a loose pile of crab. I also sent this back and we left soon thereafter.

With tax and tip the 2 glasses of Sangria, 2 caesar salads and a crab stack was still $100.00. For what we ate this was ridiculous. The final straw was management trying to cover up the kitchen’s problems that night. The receipt read that I returned the food because it looked bad. NOTHING could be further from the truth. Yes the plating was poor. But, IF the food had been properly cooked, I would have eaten and probably enjoyed it. My recommendation is not to eat at this restaurant. The food is uneven and management is making excuses for bad expensive food!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Bad Service! Tourist trap...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very overpriced tourist trap. I have never seen a more un-attentive staff. They were horrific, rude. The food is not bad but when you have poor service...it makes the entire experience go bad.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Eric is the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Vibrant exciting happy hour. Great food and drinks made better by bartender Eric taking care of all .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westfield, New Jersey
“Love the convenience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stay at the Marina and the Chart House is a very convenient restaurant to dine in. However, this time around the service was really off. The food is good but it is a chain and it's definitely not the best place for the cost that I've eaten at but we understand that. What I don't get is how disorganized they appeared to be that night. I'm all for long dinners when I'm on vacation but this was over the top. The waiter blamed the kitchen for the screw up on my order. He said that he entered the correct meal but they produced something else. We ordered soufflés with our entrée as instructed and when dessert time rolled around, first the waiter informed us that the soufflés were not up to par and they were making new ones. Then, the manager came over and offered us lava cake instead because they would not be able to make the soufflés. We did decline because the night, at that point, had really dragged out! I'm not sure where the fault did lie but for the prices that they are charging they should be more consistent.

• Visited July 2013