“Nice service, pleasant outdoor seating, fresh seafood, strong drinks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harry's Oyster Bar and Seafood Restaurant

Harry's Oyster Bar and Seafood Restaurant
Bally's Atlantic City, Ground Floor, In the Courtyard of the historic Dennis Hotel Park Place & the Boardwalk,, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
609-431-0092
Cuisines: Seafood, Oyster Bar, Fish & Chips, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
NY
“Nice service, pleasant outdoor seating, fresh seafood, strong drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I had an early lunch here just today, November 2, and it was so warm and beautiful out that we (and many others) ate outdoors. Almost unheard of for this time of year! It was great.

We simply shared some items from the raw bar (two types of local clams and local oysters) - everything was fresh and well presented. Prices were fair for the seafood. We each had a Bloody Mary as well - good and spicy and strong!

Music is piped outdoors as you dine, which made for a fun environment.

The restaurant, both indoors and outdoors, is attractive and well maintained.

I would like to go back and try some other things from the delicious menu in the future.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

79% Recommend
Buffalo, NY
“Pretty decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Just ate dinner at Harry's because it was the closest restaurant that sounded good. Food was pretty good. I got the broiled seafood combo and the crab cake and flounder filet were tasty. Service was better than average at the bar...very friendly staff. Chocolate cake was huge (really huge) so I took some back, but it was surprisingly light not over-the-top like many chain chocolate cakes. The price is the only reason I rate it a 4, but it's a casino resort area so everything is overpriced in my opinion. It is a dark sports bar but it had a great vibe while I was there.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Was very disapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Harry's had good reviews so my husband and I decided to try it for lunch. We were very disappointed. The food was average to below average. I have had better food at chain bar and grills. I had a pumpkin martini that was very watered down and in fact had ice floating in it. Never had a martini with ice in it before. The fried oysters were bland and so was my husbands fish sandwich. We were not expecting gourmet food. It is a bar and grill after all but we were expecting at least something that would find tasty and seasoned well. We didn't find that here.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Good food at a fair pric”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was a pleasant surprise and we dined here twice. Food was very good and so was the service. The sports bar part is nice to watch games.

Visited October 2013
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I make a yearly trip to the boardwalk and always have passed Harry's. Decided to try this place for my seafood dinner. Everything was good I had the broiled seafood platter sample of fish, crabcake, shrimp and oysters. The service was good, the price was okay. Will return on my next trip to AC.

• Visited September 2013