“Good food, but pricey” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harry's Oyster Bar and Seafood Restaurant

Harry's Oyster Bar and Seafood Restaurant
Bally's Atlantic City, Ground Floor, In the Courtyard of the historic Dennis Hotel Park Place & the Boardwalk,, Atlantic City, NJ 08402
609-431-0092
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Mansfield PA
“Good food, but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Dined outside and was dive bombed by gulls. No help cleaning up, thank you very much. Bartender was more helpfful than waitress, who kept disappearing. Food was pretty good, sttandard bar food. Loved the arugula salad.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Hartsdale, New York
“Don't Bother!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I had dinner there on a Monday night. We entered thru the indoor seating and asked if we woul like to dine outside in the courtyard, which we said yes. The hostess then told us to go outside and see the hostess outside for seating. We had a hard time finding her, but then saw the podium, and asked for a table for two. We waited around 10 minutes, and were finally seated. We did however see other people go outside and sit at empty tables, without seeing a hostess! After we sat down, the server brought over main courses for people who had been at this table, but left due to the poor service. We also noticed other people leave too, for basically the same reason. When I mentioned this to our waitress, she said that the kitchen was backed up, but getting better. She was very nice and attentive. We ordered drinks which were good, and the food was so so. My wife got the fried oysters, which she said the breading was bland, and I ordered the lobster tail which was just okay. The music by the duo outside was okay also. They really need to get their act together here...management should look at this reviews and others that I've seen here. I gave the service a poor rating not because of our waitress, but because of the other thhings I noted above. Oh I forgot to mention that when we ordered soup, when they brought it, we didn't have any spoons to eat it with!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ontario
“It was so off putting we didn't stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were looking for a casual evening and heard Harrys was a decent place. We went in and were seated at a tiny table for 2 (in a half empty restaurant),which I hate, and it was right beside the door the wait staff use to serve the patio. The place smelled like fried seafood-and not in an appetizing way. We left after a few minutes, realizing that this was not the place for us.

Visited June 2013
Brigantine, New Jersey
“Boardwalk Beauty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Atlantic City boardwalk is improving, except in the culinary aspects. Your choice as you walk the boards are overpriced casino establishments ($12+ burgers) or overpriced and sanitary questionable burger and pizza joints. However, then there is Harry's. It is tucked into the courtyard of the old Dennis Hotel at Ballys. There is a great outdoor patio for summer dining and a tasteful indoor restaurant. The weird thing is that the prices for this gem are even lower than you would pay for comparable items at those of questionable quality.
So next time you are strolling the boards and the hunger bug strikes, head to Harry's. Ther menu ranges from apetizers and soups to sandwiches, full dinner and a super raw bar.
You will not regret the choice.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colonia, New Jersey
“Strike 2”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This was the second time we stopped here. We were hoping for an improvement. I also hope I can regrow hair and be 30 years old again. We stopped in after the free concert on the beach for dinner. We sat outside, brr cold night too. Placed our orders, appetizers of soup, a dozen raw oysters and soup for appetizers, and our dinner orders. We were told that dinner would take a while as the kitchen was backed up. Well the soup came out by itself about 20 minutes later. The dozen oysters came out as 6 , not 12 about 15 minutes after that and the clams took another 10 minutes. We had a clear view of the raw bar and it was not busy. Again we had the same issue with the dinner as it also came out piecemeal. I has the crab cake sandwich with romelade sauce, tasteless and dry. If it wasn't for the fries I would have starved.

I do not have an issue with the bartenders, the raw bar and kitchen is a diffent story.

Last year was strike one this is strike two and maybe that is this restaurant will get.

Visited June 2013