“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Virginia Avenue
Transit: Local Jitney Service or New Jersey Transit Bus stop in front of the Trump Taj Mahal.
new york city
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Might be closing, new steakhouse is opening downstairs. Food is okay. Save your money, if not comped, and go down to The Palm in the Tropicana.

Visited September 2012

Marina del Rey, California
“Very Good Food, just get tap water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had a very good meal at the Safari. The decor was a bit much, but the service was excellent and the food was very good. We made the mistake of getting bottled water, and it was $8 for a medium bottle of Fiji water.

The four of us ordered Chicken, Fish, and Steak, and it was all cooked correctly and very good.

The service was very good, and we would probably eat there, it we were ever in the Taj again.

Visited June 2012
“35$ 3 course meal was unbeatable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stopped here for dinner one night on vacation. The 35$ 3 course meal was a great deal. There are many options to choose from, I chose the lobster bisque, prime rub and Creme brûlée for dessert. The service was extremely friendly and the food was big portions that were all good. The taj mahal has the best restaurants in my opinion.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
White Haven, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous dinner, excellent service, perfect location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We had the earliest reservation available (5:30pm) so we could dine close to the show in the Taj Mahal and not feel rushed. Everything was excellent! We started with the Seasonal Salad (field greens, shaved pears, goat cheese, walnuts and basil with a lemon vinagrette), crab cocktail, 2 glasses of pinot noir and for a entrees: broiled local flounder with crab imperial and the Safari Paella (shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels, chorizo and served over saffron rice). Our server was attentive, friendly and knew the menu well. We had a lovely dinner and highly recommend it!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln Park, New Jersey
“Yuck, Yuck....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

This had to be one onf the WORST steakhouse's (I use the name steakhouse loosly) I have ever been to!
I went for what should have been an nice, relaxing anniversary dinner. I thought I was being punked.
Upon entering, it looked nice enough.
Was seated and I immediately was greeted with dirty silverware, not my waitress.
I was easier to hail a cab in NYC after a play than to get a waitress to come to the table and get your drink order.
I ordered a filet mignon and my husband had a veal chop. Both were tough and not flavorful.
Save your money. If you want a good steak check out Morton's at Caesars.

• Visited April 2011