“Family-run EXCELLENT Italian” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe 2825 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 326 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brighton Avenue
Description: Been in business 28 yrs. Featuring Italian American Cusine. One block from Tropicana and The Quarter. Family Owned.
New York City, New York
“Family-run EXCELLENT Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Lots of places say they serve Italian food. Café 2825 delivers the GENUINE ARTICLE. Husband/Father host, Wife/Mother bartender, daughter server: I don't know if I got all the "titles" right but they all equally made sure everything ran smoothly, supported by their great staff. Relaxing, not-rushed dinner, though it was crowded (actually the only reason I give the atmosphere an "average": it was a little loud for me but others may find it bubbly and fun). My server (the daughter) was quite knowledgeable about the menu and made good, helpful suggestions throughout. The special menu was a nice surprise to the already inviting regular menu. I had the special stuffed meatball which was a first for me: picture a hefty sized meatball stuffed with a dollop of ricotta in the center, a thin layer of cheese melted over the entire meatball, then topped with a little more fresh ricotta all in a little pool of homemade red sauce. I mean c'mon!! It was delicious. Lots of great seafood to choose from so had to have the clams posillipo as well. Great broth to dip the delicious bread. Having had the meatball with sauce, I changed my original main dish order (before it arrived) to something without red sauce and it was done happily. There was a nice patient friendliness to the place overall but all with a very professional attitude. A must-return to now that I've finally discovered it. And only a few blocks from the casinos, makes it a great alternative to the boardwalk and hotel restaurants.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Nice treat !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Cozy restaurant outside the casinos across the street from Tropicana. Warning the parking lot is not next to the restaurant rather around the corner or better yet look for street parking. Service was excellent. Two couples. We ordered the fried calamari it was excellent we had an arugula salad it was good but not excellent. We also had baked clams they were pretty good. The sea bass was excellent three slices with seasoning on each we also ordeded a chicken francese it was good. The tiramisu was out of this world. A bit pricey.

Visited May 2013
new jersey
“wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

this is a great restaraunt. Do not miss this gem if you are in Atlantic City and in the mood for some real itialian food. Everything made to order, I had the chicken parmagean and my wife had the chiliean sea bass. Both were wonderful, the service was impecable, and we enjoyed every minute we were there. I cant say enough how you wont regret this dining expeience. Get away from the loud casinos and embrace this wonderful establisment.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

we ordered the stuffed artichoke and baked clams for apps n both were very good.My wife had the grouper which was good but overcooked and i had the sunday gravy which was good but for $33 i expected more than 12 pieces of pasta that came in a flat dish. 3 pieces of meat and a very small dish of pasta.the cannoli was excellant and homemade and the server she was excellant

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlantic City
“Pricey, but Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We wanted to try 2825 for a while, so we went on the Saturday night for a special occasion. We arrived and used their complimentary valet parking around the corner from the restaurant. When we entered, we saw a typical row house type layout. Bar along one side and a long, narrow dining area. The place was pretty small, which explained the difficulty getting reservations on a Saturday night. The ambiance was wonderful, with a warm, rich interior with dark wood accents. We were seated just inside the door, in the middle of the narrow room. The menu is extensive, but as we were ready to order, we noticed everything is a la carte, a little unusual for an Italian restaurant.

We ordered a regular Caesar salad to share, as the table side prepared Caesar was $5 per person more and would have probably been too much for us. The salad was quite good, and just enough for us. We ordered the bronzino and the chicken parmesan, both pictured below. The bronzino was excellent, and deboned table side. The chicken parmesan was smothered in cheese, but the chicken was very thin...too thin. We ordered a side of spinach in garlic and olive oil, which was a little bland. The NY style cheesecake was wonderful.

The service was fine, although we were never asked if we wanted re-fills of our beverages, which I consider a no no.

The total, including tip, was $133. That was for one glass of wine, one soda, one salad, two entrees, one side and one dessert. Much more than I would usually pay at a good Italian restaurant in AC.

Bottom line: It was a little disappointing only because we had heard such wonderful things about it. Normally, we would not have gone on a Saturday, but it was a special occasion. If we go back, we'd try another night. In my opinion, it was very pricey and there are many other Italian restaurants in AC that I would choose before returning.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere