“Nice staff, ” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 58 Hotels in Atlantic City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice staff, ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Don't stay at the annex part of the Chelsea, the room was clean but needed to be renovated years ago, the lobby and other public areas where nice. The staff at the front desk where very nice and helpful, I will be back but will stay I the Chelsea part of the hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
North Bergen, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The ads two place, one is the Chelsea and the other is the annex (Motel). I had book the Chelsea and end up in the motel! The made some much excuse that the made a mistake switching last min. and the sold out at the Chelsea. It's bad! We will never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have stayed twice, Luxe floors in winter. Deduct two for the Annex. Standard city view is bland, a view of dozens of balconies and a sliver of ocean. Bay view is pure ocean, and pricier. TVs are nice, and the iPod dock with radio is a blast. Safes are quick, convenient and secure. An excellent front desk staff. Art deco decor is tres cool, from lamps to photographs to the beautiful lobby and bar. A very romantic mood. Location is both good and bad: steps from the beach, but a boardwalk bookend. Solarium is extra and worth it. Brutal on a budget. $125 security deposit on top of it all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Pulling in the valet there was a line down the block to this, shady type garage," I mean shady BAD" " not shady from the sun" .. I was afraid to give the keys to my new car?? But i did, ONLY .."Plus" !!! the guys were very very nice ..! upon entering the lobby there was a fight going on from a disgruntled customer ...police were called.!
Then waited on a extremely long line finally checked in and then got keys.
Miss clerk said room out to left Period...So we walk to the left for a few nothing , nothing ,,,then after walking the length of the building down a hallway I would not have walk down with out my body guard friend " of thankfully, that i had one"...went up 4 floors to a scary old grungy hallway to our room ..Yes of course the room was every thing i expected from, first site, old , dingy and baits hotel-ish..yikes....Would only go back if i was all out of options...!Meaning on the streets....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Caldwell, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Advertises itself as a charming boutique hotel. Not the Annex, anyway. Substandard room with poor maintenance. Checked in with online reservation, then left because other clientele were obvious rave participants, carrying cases of water which is a tell for Ecstasy use. Tried to get moved, but request not received well. Left. Still charged full-price for room.

One somewhat positive note: when called to speak with manager about room charge, was refused with no alternative. However, when I offered to split the charge, I did get half refunded.

Would not stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Not knowing because I booked online we had room in the Annex. At check in I asked if it was a nice room the desk manager and clerk both just looked at me pause them the clerk said"its not bad". When my wife and I went to the room there were four young men just standing near our door not talking just watching us. We went in and locked the door. Only one light worked in the room the rest were dead. I used the light on my phone to look around. The furniture was dirty and stained. We didn't unpack. We went out the men in the hall watched us leave and went the other way away from the elevator. I went to the desk and asked if we could leave. The girl said sure. I said it was so bad that we were only staying because we had tickets to a late show and did not want to drive home late so now we were going to loose the money on the tickets and just go home.
The manner said don't send them home but to upgrade us to the main tower. They argued that it was not allowed he said he would take care of it"just upgrade them.
We were given a much nicer room for the same price but the night was ruined and I don't think we would ever go back there. 8am we were out of there.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to The Annex at The Chelsea? Share your experiences!