“Scary, dirty, low class.” 2 of 5 stars

You added The Annex at The Chelsea to your Saves list
The Annex at The Chelsea
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   111 South Chelsea Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #44 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Scary, dirty, low class.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Not knowing because I booked online we had room in the Annex. At check in I asked if it was a nice room the desk manager and clerk both just looked at me pause them the clerk said"its not bad". When my wife and I went to the room there were four young men just standing near our door not talking just watching us. We went in and locked the door. Only one light worked in the room the rest were dead. I used the light on my phone to look around. The furniture was dirty and stained. We didn't unpack. We went out the men in the hall watched us leave and went the other way away from the elevator. I went to the desk and asked if we could leave. The girl said sure. I said it was so bad that we were only staying because we had tickets to a late show and did not want to drive home late so now we were going to loose the money on the tickets and just go home.
The manner said don't send them home but to upgrade us to the main tower. They argued that it was not allowed he said he would take care of it"just upgrade them.
We were given a much nicer room for the same price but the night was ruined and I don't think we would ever go back there. 8am we were out of there.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Bloomfield nj
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I got a living social deal for the Chelsea we stayed in the annex tower. It was horrible it's was basically a motel room. It looks like The Chelsea brought the motels next door to them and didn't renavate anything but the toilet. The bathroom has pink tile from the 70!! The room itself is old the beds were average. Worst room I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed October 2013
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Do yourself a favor and listen to the negative reviews on here. The Annex is disgusting. The people who own the Chelsea should be ashamed of themselves. When you enter the hotel, the lobby area looks fine, but when you walk down the hallway and pass under the cheesy neon sign for the Annex, it's like you're entering another world.
Once you step off the elevator, the hallway looks pretty terrifying, like a crime scene. I will say the rooms are slightly better than the hallway, but not much. I tried not to look too closely at the details of the room because I was afraid of what I would find (questionable stains, bugs, etc).
The location is great, though. But really, if you have any alternative at all, please do not stay here. So, so awful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed at the Chelsea-Annex over night..Bed was comfortable, but the bathroom was dingy tub backing up while taking a shower,the sink also back up , the toilet had very low water pressure, water was jus warm,hallway rugs looked dingy , could not get the balcony door open

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Annex portion of the hotel, and noted how it was clearly outdated and so e what in disrepair. The room had peeled paint on the ceiling, mold in the bathroom, stains on the carpet, and the bathroom was outdated. On the other side, the bed was comfortable, the shower had great water pressure, and staff were friendly. We stayed here for one night as we were doing the Color Run the next day, and we had a deal through Living Social. I would give the hotel a 2.5 rating if I could based on the out dated features and disrepair...but if you get a deal and are only staying one night, it may beat some of the alternatives out there. Also, venture out for food, the cafe there is extremely over priced and their are so many other options if you look.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Reston, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed here with a few girlfriends to celebrate my birthday in May. The beds were clean, the room was small but had some cute decor. The reason this gets such a low score for me was the disgusting bathrooms. The show had rusted so much that there were holes in the liner and where the handles are. The toilette was very loosely connected to the wall and the entire bathroom seemed to have some kind of mold issue. While the main lobby was lovely and the service was friendly I wouldn't stay there again... It's also possible though that it was just Atlantic City, which I wasn't too impressed with either.

Room Tip: Maybe try the main hotel instead of the annex...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

What a disappointment. I typically take reviews with a "grain of salt" because people are more quickly to complain rather than compliment....boy was I wrong with this one! The Annex is disgusting. The hallway carpets and walls were dirty on the way to our room. And once we got into our room it was like it had two personalities. One side was seedy and old and the other was trying to be trendy. The air conditioner did not work and we did not discover this until we came back to our room after midnight. Had to sleep with the sliding door open...needless to say, did not sleep well. The bathroom, just plain gross. The drain didn't work in the tub and it filled as I was taking a shower. And I don't think it was a housekeeping problem, it was a hotel problem. You can't make crap shine. Never again will I book a room here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Annex at The Chelsea? Share your experiences!