“Basic Budget Motel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Atlantic City

You added Knights Inn Atlantic City to your Saves list
Knights Inn Atlantic City
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1101-1109 Pacific Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Ranked #39 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Fairfax, Virginia
“Basic Budget Motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place looks more or less like most of the non-casino motels in AC. The city is a dump and has that not-so-safe feel to it, so that's not the hotel's fault. I usually stay at the Trop or one of the other casino hotels, but I joined in on a last-minute trip and this place was 25% the price of the casinos. One of the first warning signs should have been that one of the rooms along the steet had been converted into one of those cash-for-gold shops (I noticed another motel that did the same thing). Their sign along the street above the entrance says free breakfast, but there are signs posted on the lobby window and at the desk that say "No Breakfast. Only Coffee. 6:30-9:30" They also had signs saying "No Visitors" and "Illegal activity prohibited." Yikes. The lobby is only large enough for one or two people. They don't even have a soda machine at this hotel, and the shady so-called 24-hour market across the street was not open at night. While I was trying to take a nap, the power went out in my room, and the desk clerk tried to say I was overloading the system (I had the TV and ONE lamp on). Other guests came to complain too, so he went and did something to get the power back on. With my room being right on the front side of the building, I heard the rumbling every time a big truck drove by on Pacific Avenue.

On a positive note, the room was decent and clean, and at least they had upgraded to flat-panel TVs (something even the Trop hadn't done, at least as of the last time I was there). But...there was no ESPN on their channel lineup! I don't know who their provider is, but they had CSPAN, Oxygen, at least one Spanish channel, and ESPN2, but no ESPN! Of course, there was no channel guide provided, but I went through the entire range of 20-25 channels numerous times.

All in all, I'll find someplace else next time. I'm not sure if this was or is becoming a Travelodge, as that was the logo on some the signs in the lobby and the tray in the room. The Knights Inn elsewhere in town seems to get good reviews. I also noticed many of the other motels at least provide some sort of continental breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
SoJersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place wouldn't get so much as 1 Star from us! Granted we made a huge mistake ....I read the review for knights inn at another location :( still would have never expected what we checked in to. Unsavory characters standing right outside the room doors! Scary to say the least. The place is located in the dumps ! The parking is around the back and to say the least I was terrified though I was with my husband. There is no lobby'. There's an office ...OUT SIDE! Our room was supposed to be non smoking, smelled like 20 Packs of lit cigs.The bed smelled ! The blinds didn't work. The shower was dingy ....peeled paint from the ceiling and the lamp did not work! .....we had reservations for a show at the Tropicana Ballroom , which was Amazing, the highlight of our evening. We should have really stayed there.
We returned to the room, slept uncomfortably for about an hour and a half and got the hell out of there! The first thing we did was throw whatever clothing touched the room in the wash ! 176$ For an insect's Paradise! Stay Away!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Worst place ever!!!!!
First I notice the doors are open you don't even need the card key to open your door so I suggest leaving your things in the car they are more safe there if you have a car. Then after noticing that first thing I enter my room the pillows are stained yellow n so were the sheets, YUCKKKKK!!! Then while being in the room after a while I see a spider crawling on one of the pillows.... Now I'm just wondering what else should I expect from this place? The bathtub was clogged so was the sink..The next morning after this nightmare I find out the cleaning little people threw my toothpaste out. After I tried speaking with the manager at front desk and explained what happen, he says he has a brand new toothpaste in his car to give him $3 for it ???!!! Are you serious? I cursed him out took my bags and left .... Don't want to go through hell!? Do not stay hereeeee!!!!! This hotel should be closed downnnnnnn!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Had to check out at 4:00am because we found bed bugs all over. On top of having to be on the road that early we had to stop at a store to buy new clothes and then a laundry mat to wash everything in hot water to kill any bugs or eggs that might of been on our stuff which ruined some of our things. Would not suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012
Krakow, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hotel was clean, all was OK - no unpleasant surprises. A good place to stay for a night will passing through AC. However, if you're looking for a longer stay, casino resorts are a much better choice - you usually get similiar prices for a much higher standard.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My advice about the reviews of this hotel. If it says it's bad please listen. I have been traveling since 1975 and I have never been so disappointed in a hotel. I have been using your hotel chain and associates for years. Days Inn, Travel Lodge, Wyndham Suites, etc.
Staying at Knights Inn on Pacific Ave. in Atlantic City was a true nightmare. I am a very seasoned traveler and I am use to clean, well cared for propertys. This hotel did not even meet the basic necessities let alone anything luxurious.
First thing that happened when we arrived there was no parking at the hotel and we had to park a block behind in a dark lot that did not even have a night watchman, which left us feeling strange to leave our car there. After trying to settle into our room for the night we discovered that the lights between the beds did not work at all. I took the lamp from another part of theroom and placed it on the nightstand. Looking to plug it in a found 2 plugs that had no safety cover. (electric shock)??
The next morning after a very restless night hearing all kinds of noise and fighting outside we did not have any hot water. Going to the desk I was told that the heater had gone out and he had just put it back on. It is now after 9 a.m. That could have not been the case since that night at 9 p.m. we again had no hot water to shower. Were they turning it on and off??
The cont. breakfast??? in the lobby stopped at 9 a.m. sharp and everything was turned off. I we to the office again about 9:20 and asked for orange juice fpor my husband because he is a diabetic and needed his sugar raised immediately. I was told that everything was turned off and only after I started to scream about my husband going into insulin shock he agree to turn it back on so I could get some juice.
What hotel turns the coffee off at all and you could not even get water?? After my husband recovered we descovered that you could not lock the safe. Going BACK to the office to ask about this I was told "Don't put anything in there". I at first thought he was kidding but soon realized he was serious. I asked where we were suppose to do with our extra money and jewerly? Was told again not to put anything in there someone most have broke it.
That night we had no air conditioning because the plug kept getting over heated and kicking off.
When trying to check out the next morning we had to wait for 1 1/2 hours to leave because our car was blocked in by another and they could not get these people out of bed to move the car.
Moving on to the Travel Lodge in Gettsyburg it was a total different thing. We had 2 of the most relaxing days in a fabulous hotel. What a difference. Never stay at this place. I was truly worried about bugs long after I was gone.

Room Tip: Be good to yourself when you travel Stay at Travel Lodges.