“New, clean, tad smelly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
Fort Drum, New York
“New, clean, tad smelly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Everything in our room looked new and appeared clean. Only problem was the smell of mold. Very distinct moldy smell.

Very close to boardwalk. Didn't appear to be a 'bad location' as others have claimed. You have to pay $10 to park in their parking lot and its only good from check-in (1600) to check-out (1100).

They give you ticket stubs to take to breakfast and ask that you don't bring food back in to your room. No one checked these tickets and there were many people coming grabbing plates of breakfast food and leaving, just to come right back and take some more. One guy must have come in 4-5 times taking plates of food. Only one waffle iron :( so never got my kiddos a waffle.

I probably would not return. Room cost a little over $300 for two double beds and I can pay that much and stay at a high end hotel. It was the 4th of July, though. I only ended up staying here because our trip was a last minute decision and there were no other rooms available at the resorts.

Overall, a good place. The mold smell just killed it for me, though.

• Stayed July 2013

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Maspeth, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

First I choose this hotel because of the reviews,but the reality is different.I stayed 1 night in this hotel.Never agais in.Overpriced,horrible Wi Fi,room smell is bad,rude service,Tiny pillows.Look for another hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to Atlantic City for a beach day but by dinner we were tired and decided to get a hotel. We had parked by this hotel and decided it looked nice on the outside so we'd see if they had any vacancy and asked about their rates. They had a non smoking king for $110 and we had our choice of first or second floor. We stayed in room 220 and it was great! It was clean and the bed was super comfy. There was a gym and complimentary breakfast. And only a block to the boardwalk and beach! And free parking for that night. Couldn't beat it. We plan to stay there when we go back!

• Stayed June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Went down to the beach with my friends on June 1st, came across the Quality Inn, decided to stay there for 2 nights. The staffs was very friendly, check in was quick and easy, the hotel was quite clean. Got into my room, the room was very roomy, clean and the restroom was very clean also. The bed was very comfy, slept 2 great nights :)

The only down side was that, there are no soda vending machines around, had to go across to the other motel to get sodas. :\

Overall we liked it. Good job!

Room Tip: Better here than Econo Lodge.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

You know what you can expect in a hotel in a prime location in a casino city. This worked perfectly fine for me. The staff in breakfast room was friendly. Overall, good experience. Nothing to rave about, nothing to stay away.

• Stayed May 2013
Queens, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two weekend nights last month. The rooms and hotel in general are kept in good condition as it was recently renovated. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable,the room is kind of on the small side though. The hot complimentary breakfast in the morning was a pleasant surprise. Negatives: the guest next door was smoking pot the whole stay, the smell was present as soon as you stepped out of your car. Another thing, don't loose your parking pass, if you do (mine flew out the window), you'll have to pay for a replacement.
I had to edit this review after I received my credit card statement. I paid in advance for this reservation, when I checked out of the hotel I was told I was all set since my stay had been paid. I was not informed of any other charges, when I checked the credit card bill I noticed that there was an extra $23 billed on the day I checked out; when I went back to the Choice Hotels folio for this reservation, they had charged me $10/day for parking and $1.50/day for the in-room safe which I didn't even use. When I called the hotel to inquire I was informed that their website does say that they charge for parking, it turns out that the only time you see that is when you click "RESERVE ROOM", they give you a total for your stay that does not include parking or safe fees, they do that on the sneak after you check out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Though the room was great, we had two double beds, the room was spacious enough. In room refrigerator and coffee maker. CLEAN, no major stains or stickiness in the room overall. Everything was in good shape, beds were comfy, pillow fluffy and plentiful. I'm not one to really care about decor as long as everything is clean. Shower was hot, and overall pressure was good. Breakfast was typical hotel complimentary breakfast; not the best, but not the worst. Some noise can be heard, but your staying in AC that is expected. Two things didn't thrill me, the parking fee which was dumb, at least make it refundable. And the carts that room service would wheel around int he morning, they would vibrate the rooms as they pass by. Overall I would stay again, as long as the rooms stayed in the great condition they were in when I slept here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Flamingo? Share your experiences!