“Perfect getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Perfect getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to Atlantic City for a beach day but by dinner we were tired and decided to get a hotel. We had parked by this hotel and decided it looked nice on the outside so we'd see if they had any vacancy and asked about their rates. They had a non smoking king for $110 and we had our choice of first or second floor. We stayed in room 220 and it was great! It was clean and the bed was super comfy. There was a gym and complimentary breakfast. And only a block to the boardwalk and beach! And free parking for that night. Couldn't beat it. We plan to stay there when we go back!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Went down to the beach with my friends on June 1st, came across the Quality Inn, decided to stay there for 2 nights. The staffs was very friendly, check in was quick and easy, the hotel was quite clean. Got into my room, the room was very roomy, clean and the restroom was very clean also. The bed was very comfy, slept 2 great nights :)

The only down side was that, there are no soda vending machines around, had to go across to the other motel to get sodas. :\

Overall we liked it. Good job!

Room Tip: Better here than Econo Lodge.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

You know what you can expect in a hotel in a prime location in a casino city. This worked perfectly fine for me. The staff in breakfast room was friendly. Overall, good experience. Nothing to rave about, nothing to stay away.

• Stayed May 2013
Queens, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two weekend nights last month. The rooms and hotel in general are kept in good condition as it was recently renovated. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable,the room is kind of on the small side though. The hot complimentary breakfast in the morning was a pleasant surprise. Negatives: the guest next door was smoking pot the whole stay, the smell was present as soon as you stepped out of your car. Another thing, don't loose your parking pass, if you do (mine flew out the window), you'll have to pay for a replacement.
I had to edit this review after I received my credit card statement. I paid in advance for this reservation, when I checked out of the hotel I was told I was all set since my stay had been paid. I was not informed of any other charges, when I checked the credit card bill I noticed that there was an extra $23 billed on the day I checked out; when I went back to the Choice Hotels folio for this reservation, they had charged me $10/day for parking and $1.50/day for the in-room safe which I didn't even use. When I called the hotel to inquire I was informed that their website does say that they charge for parking, it turns out that the only time you see that is when you click "RESERVE ROOM", they give you a total for your stay that does not include parking or safe fees, they do that on the sneak after you check out.

Hatfield, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Though the room was great, we had two double beds, the room was spacious enough. In room refrigerator and coffee maker. CLEAN, no major stains or stickiness in the room overall. Everything was in good shape, beds were comfy, pillow fluffy and plentiful. I'm not one to really care about decor as long as everything is clean. Shower was hot, and overall pressure was good. Breakfast was typical hotel complimentary breakfast; not the best, but not the worst. Some noise can be heard, but your staying in AC that is expected. Two things didn't thrill me, the parking fee which was dumb, at least make it refundable. And the carts that room service would wheel around int he morning, they would vibrate the rooms as they pass by. Overall I would stay again, as long as the rooms stayed in the great condition they were in when I slept here.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I enjoyed staying in this Inn for a weekend in Atlantic City. The our room had a flat screen television, a huge (and very, very comfortable) king-size bed, and shower with rotating water pressure. The room was very comfortable and clean. Complimentary breakfast is served in the morning (which you can take back to your room to eat). Breakfast is pretty simple (waffles, boiled eggs, cereal, toast, etc), and the dining area is clean. The inn is located about 2 blocks from the Tropicana and 1 block from the beach. Overall, this was an EXCELLENT choice for the price. Normally, with Inns you get what you pay for-(cheap rooms are not so good), but I feel that this hotel exceeded our expectations on quality and location based on the price. I would stay here again if return to Atlantic City and are on a budget.

p.s. If you check out early and need to leave your luggage somewhere because of a late flight or transit schedule, walk to the Tropicana or to Bally's and check your bags there!

Room Tip: Stay on the inside of the square. This offers more security.
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We checked in at night. The guy at front desk was quite helpful and warned us on the parking. However, people in the morning were far from friendly. No smile, no greeting, nothing. Oh well, never mind, it's Atlantic City!

This hotel was awarded best renovated 2012. Honestly, decor was not bad. However, the room was really small, and so was the bathroom and the closet. If you are a big person, I won't recommend this place. You probably will feel claustrophobic. We couldn't quite adjust a comfortable setting for the air conditioning. It was 30 outside and snowing. We hate to be cooked at night but they only provided a VERY thin sheet so without the heat, we froze to death at night. Twice I had to get up, turn on the heat, and woke up again to heat exhaustion. Sleep quality was bad.

Parking in the front was definitely insufficient. It was packed Friday and Saturday night. A lot of people left their cars in hotel and went by taxi or on foot knowing that it would be impossible to park in the front or side.

Breakfast was disappointing. Coffee was bad (not surprising) and once it was out of yogurt. Another morning a guest forgot to spray the waffle machine so the waffle stuck on the iron. However, the staff didn't bother to clean it so I had no breakfast!

I definitely will not stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Flamingo? Share your experiences!