“Soapy Coffee and Rotten Fruit” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Silver Spring
“Soapy Coffee and Rotten Fruit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times during the last 2 months. This time they had no service person in the breakfast room. There were no eggs, or sausages, or waffles as they usually do. The basket of fruit consisted of rotten (no kidding) oranges and apples. I said ok, not much today, so I reached for a cup of coffee and some of the pre-packaged danish. But the coffee had two inches of foam at the top of my personal cup. All I could think of was that soap was left in the pot before the coffee was brewed. I went to the managers office and let them know all of the above. One of them told me that there was nothing wrong, I decided to tell the other one that being cheap can be expensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was staying with two other friends in Atlantic City for the night to see a concert at the House of Blues, and just needed somewhere to sleep. The hotel is clean and the front desk staff was courteous. They called us a taxi, which arrived within a minute after they called. We didn't have breakfast the next morning, so I can't comment on that. For the price, you really can't beat it.

Room Tip: We had Room 221, which was set back from the street a bit. Traffic may be noisier right on the road...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Atlantic City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had to desperately get a hotel room this past weekend and managed to reserve this for sunday night. I reserved the room at 6am in person (I was already in AC) and was told it was going to be 199 plus tax for a double bed. Charged my card 240!!! I tried disputing saying that the taxes do not add up, but nothing. Then on Tuesday (Sep 5), another 100 dollar charge is credited against my account so I'm going to talk to my bank about these ridiculous charges. Total spent so far on a 2 star hotel room: 340 I could've got a room at the Borgata for that price.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We booked this hotel kind of as a desperate measure after finding all the top hotels on or near the boardwalk booked during Labor Day Weekend. We did it reluctantly, fearful that we were going to be staying in a dump. But as it turned out, the place actually provided what we needed: a comfortable room to sleep overnight without spending $400 and up. The room did not offer the luxury one might find in Trump or Ravel, but it was clean and comfortable and reasonably priced given it was a holiday weekend. The boardwalk and the casinos were within short walking distance and we got around without the area easily. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Just be aware that for each hour you stay after the 11 a.m. check-out time, you have to pay $20!!!!

Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went to breakfast and the attendant there was rude as hell. She gave attitude to everyone. THen we asked for some ketchup and she said we do not have any. 5 mins later she gave ketchup to another couple. This is day one. To be continued...

Room Tip: This is a good hotel for being close to the boardwalk.
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here one saturday night not knowing what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. Large and spacious room and large shower Place was clean and quiet easy 3.7 stars hoteel but its really a motel would go back reasonably priced

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel early August, 2012. We had been most concerned by other comments on this site prior to our trip, but we could not have been more pleased with our experience there. The room was clean and updated, and perfectly located for easy access to the beach, boardwalk, and shopping areas. The staff was helpful with sightseeing advice, directions, and dietary accommodations. Not having to worry about breakfast left us more time to enjoy the area. The hotel definitely contributed to a wonderful vacation experience. The very competitive price allows us to look forward to another visit soon after our first. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Flamingo? Share your experiences!