“Pleasantly Surprised!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Pittsburgh, PA
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed here with 2 girlfriends for the Cinco de Mayo weekend. We were really nervous about this motel because all the recent reviews made it sound so scary! We arrived around 1pm and had no issues with check in. The manager was really nice and said our room was ready. He told us there is free breakfast from 7-9am and coffee/tea all day long. We didn't use either one so can't comment on the quality. Our room was #125 which was on the ground floor, directly across from the office. A lot of recent reviews said terrible things about the room condition, especially the bathroom. Our room must have been updated very recently because the bathtub, toilet & sink seemed brand new. However, the bathtub did not have the little latch on the side that when pulled makes the tub drain out, which was really odd. You actually had to lift the drain with your hands in order to empty the tub. Or maybe we just had one too many at the Cuba Libre Rum Bar and couldn't find the latch haha. Either way, we didn't bother calling the office about this because we were just there for one night and it wasn't worth the hassle.There was a brand new hair dryer, complimentary toiletries and plenty of towels. We requested double beds upon booking and that's what we got. The comforters on the beds have seen better days but the sheets appeared newer. There was a large HD TV, mini fridge & coffee maker. The motel is on Pacific Ave, which is parallel to the boardwalk, and it is a block or two from the Tropicana casino, where we spent most of our time. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Barrington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in April when we came down for the Hopkins fight. We were a little unsure of what to expect. We were beyond pleased when we saw our room. It was super clean, spacious, equipped with a new fridge, a flat screen and huge comfortable bed. The front desk staf were pleasent and helpful and then even serve a free breakfast in the morning. I'll be back to AC in June for a CSN concert and will be going right back here to stay for the night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Went for a weekend with friends. Called the day before to confirm reservation. We were confirmed for 4 adults as RCI reservation stated. Asked if a 5th person could come. Quality Inn Management said yes but it would be a $15 a day extra. I said this was fine. When we arrived at hotel, we were told that the RCI reservation was only for 2 people and there would be a charge for 3 extra people. I showed them the reservation confirmation from RCI. They said it did not match was was sent to them and the extra charge would be $135. I did not want our weekend spoiled so I agreed to this charge. When I arrived home I called RCI and explained this to them. They said they had sent in the reservation for 4 people and because I was confirmed before arrival, I should not have been charged more. They are looking into the matter more thouroughly for me.

Conncecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Just got back from 2 night stay at Quality Inn Flamingo in Atlantic City, NJ. Went for a girl's weekend for my birthday. Heard mixed reviews but decided to book room using airline mileage points. I was totally pleased. Stayed in room 215. 2 double beds, flat screen TV, new granite counters in bathroom. Check in staff was friendly and courteous. Room was very clean and beds were comfortable. 2 minute walk to Tropicana casino where we went to Comedy Stop and had an awesome night! The boardwalk was right across the street as well. Also for nighttime gambling along the strip there is a shuttle stop right across the street, called the Jitney. It costs $2.25/person and will take you anywhere along the strip. It runs almost all night and the longest we waited was 10 min. after leaving Taj Mahal. For all the poor reviews of this hotel, I totally disagree. The place was more than adequate, it was clean, new, and had everything needed for a weekend. I heard the breakfast was also great, Unfortunately we didn't wake early enough to enjoy. Hope this review helps. I recommend Quality Inn vs. paying a fortune for an older casino room.

Room Tip: Room 215, corner room on 2nd floor.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

CUSTOMERS BEWARE!!

TWO YOUNG LADIES LITERALLY THREATENED & BULLIED BY STAFF AND “MANAGEMENT”

“LOST” RESERVATION

ATTEMPTED TO INCREASE ROOM PRICE & ADD CHARGES TO CREDIT CARD

Here’s the breakdown:

My neighbors and I decided to take a weekend trip from DC to Atlantic City. We are a pretty easy going group and wanted to have a guy’s and girl’s weekend. My girlfriend and I were going to do our own things while the boys did theirs. I called ahead to make the reservation and talked to the “manager” Sonny. I indicated that we would arrive at 7pm and Sonny said that was fine and made our reservation for $179.99 + tax. We arrived at 7pm and the gentleman at the desk said that he DID NOT have our reservation and the best he could do was $229. We were calm and thought there was a little mix up so I asked for Sonny. The gentleman said, “I am Sonny.” I gave him our reservation number and tried to refresh his memory about talking to me only a few hours ago that day. He stumbled around and said that he didn’t have our reservation nor did he remember talking to me. We were stunned. I tried to remind him again as we had talked for about 10 minutes on the phone. Then he says, “Well you arrived after 6pm so your room is gone.” WHAT??? My girlfriend and I stood with our jaws open as he changed his story and now we knew we were getting the runaround. He said let me take your credit card and I will charge you $199 + tax and you can talk to manager in the morning. I told him that he had said to me that HE was the manager. He denied this and said there was nothing he could do. We didn’t want this debacle to impact the rest of our fun weekend so we agreed to speak to the manager and went to bring our things to our room.

WE SHOULD HAVE LEFT RIGHT THEN.

Our boyfriends were staying at the Ascot on the other side of the Tropicana. We told them we were upset and a bit rattled so they carried our things in for us and wanted to have a drink with us before we went our separate ways for the weekend. We carried our bags in and BEFORE I COULD EVEN SET MY THINGS DOWN THE PHONE RANG. It was the front desk and in a very rude tone asked me to come to the office. My girlfriend offered to come with me and I’m glad that she did. We entered the office to find Sonny and another gentleman standing there looking down on us. He asked me how many people were staying in the double room and I said two. The other gentleman jumped in and said “WE WERE WATCHING YOU AND SAW FOUR PEOPLE ENTER THE ROOM.” I was alarmed and discomforted that they had been observing us in that manner. We told them that we were having a girl’s weekend and our boyfriends were staying at the Ascot. They didn’t listen to us and accused us of lying. Sonny asked us for their names. I asked why he needed them. He said for “safety” purposes. I stopped and thought for a moment and realized they hadn’t even asked for my girlfriend’s name that was staying with me in the room! I spoke up and said this to him and he went off. The other man said we are charging you $20/person now! We calmly said again that we were the only ones staying in the room. The man then yelled “WE WILL BE WATCHING YOU.” Sonny then indicated the same thing. We said we were going to talk to the manager as we left and they shouted something after us. We left the office completely shaken and in disbelief. We went back to our room in tears. How could we stay here? We ended up coming back to the room late and sleeping for only a few hours. We could hardly shut our eyes as we felt so uncomfortable and literally feared for our safety.

In the morning we did not bother talking to the manager as we knew it probably would not matter. The next evening we stayed at the Ascot with our boyfriends. The management there was wonderful and very accommodating. We were given a better rate and it is also in a prime location next to the Tropicana.

THIS IS AN ISSUE THAT WE ARE TAKING TO THE PARENT COMPANY OF THE QUALITY INN, CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL.

WE HAVE ALSO FILED A CONSUMER COMPLAINT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.

We recorded the names of all of the staff members and the manager. We were two professional young women looking for decent place to stay while we enjoyed our time in Atlantic City.

Room Tip: You would be wise to stay at the Ascot instead.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

This place is the place to stay. It's 2 blocks from the Tropicanna. It got clean, nice, elegant rooms with great customer service. We had a mix up with the room price and Sonny, the manager cleared it up and then called us to welcome us again and gave us a late check out. We had a blast! The room is just as good as if not better and cleaner then the Casino rooms without all the noice and hassle!!! I would never stay anywhere else when going to AC!!

Room Tip: Had king size non-smoking room. Was clean, comfortable bed, plenty of room supplies!! Ask for Sonny...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

This was by far one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. It was not outdated and everything looked brand new! The one draw back was that the heater was not heating the room as well as I had liked, but it was bearable. This place was very close to the boardwalk and didn't require us to drive. Would definately stay there again...highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Quality Inn Flamingo? Share your experiences!