“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   190 South Kentucky Ave., Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #22 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I come here every year and I love it so much <3 especially the ocean view rooms it's amazing even if I had to evacuated a couple days early cause of a hurricane I still had a good time it's right on the board walk near a dunkin donuts for breakfast near a ramp to get a wheel chair or any elderly that can't get down steps I love this place and recommend it to everyone

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bethel Park, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great hotel for a family trip. Price is right, great location with nice size room. Small pool and hot tub on the roof (indoor) with a great view of the ocean and boardwalk. Returning customer for over 5 years.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rockville, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I took my brother to La Renaissance in July as a birthday present. We needed separate sleeping spaces without having to pay for two rooms so this was perfect for us. Having a kitchen was a big bonus as well. We saved money by having sandwiches and before dinner drinks in the room. Also, we were there during a particularly hot week in July so it was nice to have a retreat where we could relax and watch the world bake in the comfort of our cool confines.

Having read the negative reviews about smells and such, I was prepared with candles and deodorizers. I even brought other cleansers because I thought the cleaning staff would only be there once during our 3 night stay. However, none of that was needed because the room smelled and looked fresh and very clean. What's more, the cleaning staff was there every morning taking care of basics such as trash and towels. They were awesome!

The location can't be beat. It's not only on the boardwalk (well...set back a little bit), but right in between the big casinos.

I felt very secure in this hotel. I had to be buzzed in by the front desk to enter. My car was also safe in the locked garage. When we went to pack up the car to leave, I discovered that I'd accidentally left my door unlocked and nothing was taken. We used the car elevator to go up to the third floor where the luggage carts are. It was not hard to use at all. Although, it does help to have two people to do it. The passenger can operate the elevator while the driver maneuvers in and out of the elevator.

The only negative for me was the pool area. The pool and jacuzzi do need to be cleaned and maintained better. The jet pressure on the jacuzzi is pretty much non-existent. While the pool is small, it has two high pressured jets placed by the stairs for in-place swimming. I used those jets for a much needed foot bath as my feet ached after walking the boardwalk so much.

What can I say about the staff? They went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. When we arrived, it looked as though our room had been taken. In response, Nicole who was checking us in, gave us a choice between a one bedroom on a higher floor with a balcony and ocean view or a two bedroom with no ocean view. We chose the one bedroom with ocean view and are so glad we did. The view was spectacular.

While all the staff were very nice and helpful, I just want to single out Nicole for all the ways that she went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable. Anything we needed, she was there to personally make sure it was taken care of. For example, the living room TV remote wasn't working properly. She came up to see what could be done and sent a maintenance person to resolve the issue as soon as possible. In another instance, People had already checked out the pool table equipment when we wanted to play so she offered to call us when they had returned it. It's just these little things like this where the staff is not only polite and professional, but go out of their way to take care of their guests that are so very much appreciated.

In conclusion, La Renaissance fit our needs very nicely. The value for the money can't be beat because besides the prime location, You essentially get an apartment for less than what some charge for just a hotel bedroom. This is like renting an apartment for a vacation where you expect to be self-sufficient for the most part. However, this place has the added benefit of prime location, security and excellent staff to see to your needs.

Thank you, Nicole, and everyone at La Renaissance for an awesome vacation. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and hope to return soon and when we do, we sure know where to stay.

Room Tip: Top floors with balcony give the best view. While I did hear the sounds of nightlife, it was easy e...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Overland, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here because price was it was awesome, location wise it was perfect, and it had 2 room suites. Basically, this is a time-share, thought they didn't try to sell us anything. The floor smelled like smoke, the carpet was worn. There was a kitchenette area and balcony that looked on to the ocean. It's right on the boardwalk. Parking-wise be prepared to stay across the street and pay extra or park in the underground lot that you have to get to by car elevator. The clerk warned us that if it stormed there was a chance we'd have to move the car or risk it getting flooded and stuck in the garage. The elevator was a trip and somewhat scary, the parking was tight! It never flooded while we were there and we never moved our car for fear we'd lose the spot--they don't have as many spots as rooms so not everyone gets to park there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed at La Renaissance Suites from 7/22-7/25. The location is perfect, right off the boardwalk. Our suite was a one bedroom with a living room and kitchen.It was nice to be able to save money by cooking breakfast in our room. We were able to set up our umbrella and chairs on the beach in the morning and go back to the room for lunch and then back to the beach. We kept our beach stuff in our car trunk for convenience. The room was clean. Now the not so good stuff. This is a timeshare/hotel in need of repair. The microwave in our room (room 703) did not have a ceiling inside it and I considered it unsafe. We did not use it. I had to reset the GFCI outlet when using the hairdryer and coffee pot. The parking is very tight and if all the spots are taken on first floor you have to put your car in an elevator and park on 2 additional floors. We took our small car so we did not have a problem but if you have a large suv, truck or van it will be tight.
I would stay here again because I like having a kitchen and room to move around.

Room Tip: If possible, request a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is the third time staying there and with 2 small children I love it. It is steps away from the beach, and the staff is friendly. The parking is a little odd but you park and leave your car so its no big deal. Overall my experience is wonderful and I love how the bedroom is separate from the living room, with 2 small children you need that. The first time we stayed the 1 bedroom was large but the second time there was a dividing wall that made it a bit smaller but all in all it is a great place to stay with nice friendly and family oriented people.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Barto, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nice Clean 2 large bedrooms pleanty of room and right on the boardwalk with indoor garage. Friendly helpful staff and a great value.
Fireworks right outside of building and great view from roof pool area

Room Tip: Even numberr rooms have ocean front balconies
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Renaissance Suites? Share your experiences!