“Artistic food and portions; don't go to get full; go for a culinary experience.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Izakaya in Borgata Hotel

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The menu is Japanese fusion. Many of the choices are a twist in traditional (ie: butternut squash dumplings in garlic broth), and there are a few vegetarian choices. However, the portions are small, although gorgeously presented and absolutely delicious. The atmosphere is dark and contemporary, so it makes a great place to go on a date or with intimate friends. The only downside is that for the prices, the service is very casual, the food is simply plopped down anywhere on the table and the mixed drinks are not good. I expected fresh drink ingredients in my plum ginger martini, but what I got looked and tasted like well-grade cranberry and vodka (and it very well could have been considering the service level.)

New York City, New York
“Chris O Connor was a terrible manager avoid izakaya”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Chris O'connor the Izakaya marketing manager was the rudest person i ever dealt with. My family has been going to Borgata for years, we spent thousands at Izakaya and instead of being polite and asking us to leave when it closed, he angrily screamed and yelled like an unprofessional baby that we had to leave and didnt care that we spent so much there.. He started to get in our faces and acted pushy, it almost got physical. None of us drink, we werent loud. We were shocked how rude he was... I advise all of you to avoid izakaya.
My tip is if u want a better experience, avoid chris oconnor, he should be fired. The food was sub par but nothing is worse than a rude, racist manager. My friends are respected surgeons but there is no doubt chris oconnor acted in this manner because theyre black. I am white and im saying there was no doubt racism played a part here.
Eventually we asked for his card and promised we would tell everyone including his bosses how he acted!

To be fair, when we complained via email, Borgata called us within an hour apologizing for his actions and promising firm discipline.

We will never go to Borgata again because of chris o connor we would rather take our diamond and platinium cards to revel.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Westwood, New Jersey
“Izakaya delicious once again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Always make a point of eating at Izakaya when I stay at the Borgata. I think the vibe (dark, stylish) is a lot of fun, service is always professional, and most importantly the food is great. Enjoyed three sushi rolls as well as the edamame dumplings. Although I didn't try robatayaki this time, it is usually stellar as well.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Restaurant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Headed over to the Jackson Brown concert at the Borgatta on Saturday night. We didn't have a reservation and took a shot at Izakaya. we've eaten here before and its always good. We had a table for 6 and the service was excellent. As always the food was outstanding, which is unusual for alot of the restaurants in AC. They really have there act together at this restaurant.
Try the cheese steak eggrolls and the endamame dumplings....Unbelievable!!

North Bergen, New Jersey
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The food was not superb or anything I haven't had at other restaurants, but it was good. The staff was very accommodating to my food allergies. They they went out of their way to make sure we were happy with our meal.

Visited June 2013