“Hated this Resort!” 2 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   60 N. Maine Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Hated this Resort!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2005

This resort was not in the nicest neighborhood. The view of the water was beautiful, however. The lobby was small and crowded. A worker brought around hot baked cookies while we waited to check in. The elevators take forever. The room was large but not very clean. The carpet was stained. The mattresses were flat. There isn't a casino in this resort, and it's not close to the other hotels. Although I didn't take it, there is a shuttle that runs on limited hours to some other hotels. This resort was not worth the high price. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2005

February 27, 2005

Stayed with my fiancee one night at the Flagship Resort, best known for timeshare suites, at the north end of the Atlantic City boardwalk. This is my first experience spending a night at those so-called 'timeshares'. It turns out that when the units are not occupied, they can be rented like hotel rooms for the night. Wound up here because the AC casinos wouldn't allow us to complete our week on a Saturday night, which is reserved by and large for non-paying high rollers.

Arrived early at the Flagship, checked our luggage without charge and came back later Saturday evening. Outstanding hospitality and service markt his relatively unknown yet clearly five star establishment-Flagship is safe, secure, and spotless, and a high class stop for those that come here. Desk clerk upgraded our room to a suite at no additional charge on the 8th floor. Spectacular view of the ocean, Brigantine Island and the
Atlantic city boardwalk and hotels-all for a hundred dollars-truly-you couldn't ask for more. Room had beautiful views, two televisions, living room, kitchen, dining area, nice king bedroom and furniture. A window was open and heat was off, room was well-aired. I had to close the window, and press a button on the wall to turn the heat on, but that was no problem. Room was first class, new decor, really nice touch!

Flagship has a nice restaurant on the seventh floor, as well as a beautiful swimming pool, and play area for kids. From 9 AM to midnite, a free shuttle
will take you from Flagship to the Sands Hotel, and at fifteen after the hour the free shuttle returns to the Flagship. My impressions of Flagship in AC is what you make of it. I saw all the tourist haunts, the Borgata, the Latin Quarter at Tropicana, etc etc the day I checked in here, so don't let the location fool you. If you know your way around AC the Flagship is a great experience. Please note: the Jitney buses which cover all of Atlantic City stop right in front of the Flagship for $1.50 in any direction per person you can go anywhere. There is a convenience store about a block from Flagship, and Gardner's Basin, with restaurants and lots to see, is also nearby. If arriving by bus, best to get a bus that goes to the Sands and catch the Flagship shuttle from there. As I stated earlier, the Flagship shuttle to and from the Sands is absolutely free for guests.

I don't gamble, but I was vey curious to see the sort of room people that buy these so-called 'timeshares' stay in, particularly when the weather is nice in casino venues. The Flagship's suites are world class, and well worth
the experience. Request a 12 noon checkout-they will ordinarily ask for an 11 AM checkout but will extend if you request it (we didn't know)

On a scale of 0 to 100, I give the Flagship hospitality and service a 100 and the suite a 98, the location an 80 (you will have to take the shuttles or the jitneys to travel around Atlantic City, about 5-10 minutes away-depends where you want to go. Borgata-Harrah's-Trump Marina Hotels are not on the Boardwalk, about 20 minutes on the # 3 jitney. Don't miss the Tropicana's Latin Quarter shopping area, and 'The Walk' shopping area near Bally's-Jitneys will also take you there in a few minutes. Jitney's cost $1.50 per person).

The Flagship is being operated as a first class establishment.
Flagship seems to have a following with families, and might be a more hospitable place to bring your children if you like going to Atlantic City from time to time and don't want your children exposed long term to the negative aspects of the casino environment. The suites and the service are really fantastic here. Very nice experience, highly recommended.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Flagship the first weekend in Janaury. I was very impressed by the view from theie suites. The rooms are very spacious and confortable. I found the staff to be very friendly and informative about the area. Each day of my stay, I was able to take a nice walk on the boardwalk, which is located in front of the property. I was extremely happy with their rates. Believe me, I had a wonderful time. THey also have a complimentary shuttle to the Sands casino every hour. This was a very convenient amenity. I will definitely come back in the future. I attached a pictue of one of their rooms, their staff allowed me to take.

Lansdale, Pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2005

I have stayed at the flagship on a couple of different occasions. The lobby is small but pleasant and the people are very helpful. Parking you can park on the street or in the garage and I believe it was free with your hotel stay. The room was a little outdated but clean. There is no room service after the restaurants close but they do offer menus for delivery. What we enjoyed most of all was the cool air conditioning and the pool with jacuzzi and as they say the price was right $79.00 a night.
They also offered a full kitchen with stove top, microwave and refridgerater and dinning room table.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2005

It's a trap! I wouldn't waste anyone's time with this timeshare trap! I got the $1000 gift cert. but I'd have to pay close to $330 in Processing & Delivery. Which doesn't make sense! The items on that website are from the '80s. --- Just put in any code that beings with "kea" and has six digits afterwards, e.g., kea123456

Personally it's just a waste of time. The round trip tickets that I got were also a scam. Ofcourse they give you the free tickets, but you've to pay 300 a night at a hotel room of their choice for a week or so. DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. They also give you a buffet voucer for two to SANDS. I thought that was pretty decent. Other than that -- the whole exprience was terrible. Wouldn't go there again.

columbus, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2005

We spent New Years December 31, 2004 to Jan 2, 2005. This place is a timeshare for some people like us, When we got there we were able to upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite. The suit was very nice and clean, so was the lobby. We were on the 10th floor not facing the boardwalk. The flagship is a distance from the casinoes. It cost 3.50 to go to Trump marina by cab, or use the jitney. The Ozone bar and grill in the flasgship was a nice bar, except you couldn't go in unless you were attending their party for new years, and they closed at 1am on new years. They have a game room had 2 pool tables, and alot of games to play to many to name. and a big swimmming pool. We didn't eat at the flagship so i can't comment on the food. We had no problems with the elevators, and you parked your car in the garage or on the street. We had 2 cars so only one could park in the garage and the other car parked on the street with a parking pass. The garage parking is small and tight, good thing we didn't bring our F350 dually pickup, we never would have made it in the garage. We drove a ford taurus instead. I would stay there again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2004

We spent Thanksgiving week at the Flagship. After reading the trip advisor reviews, we didn't know what to expect. We went in on a time share exchange, arriving 2 days late (on purpose). The unit was on the 11th floor with an ocean view, very lovely, even in the fog and rain. I can imagine what it would be like in the summer, the balcony was spacious and had plenty of chairs outside. Our best surprise was the one-and-a half baths. adding a little more convenience for 2 adult couples. The very WORST thing there was the sofa bed, absolutely uncomfortable with hard springs sticking into you at every turn. We requested an extra mattress (not an unusual request, we have received them at other places), but they didn't seem to know what we wanted, so we went out and bought an air mattress at k-mart. I can't say enough good about the staff. They were extremely friendly and helpful. Our tv wasn't working right, and maintenance brought up a new one almost immediately. Also, we lost a cell phone, they returned it promptly. The unit was very clean, with maid service only on request. We had fresh towels whenever we asked for them, and the trash was removed when we put it outside the door. We did have to make our own beds and wash our own dishes.
The location isn't too bad, and we used the Flagship's shuttle a couple of times. As others before me have said, the parking is very tight and the elevators are slow.
The Ozone Restaurant was only open for breakfast during the week, and the bar was closed at night, so when we went for a nightcap after returning in the evening, it wasn't available. But All in all, a good experience.

• Stayed November 2004

Been to Flagship Resort? Share your experiences!