“5 star Clean Friendly Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Flagship Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   60 N. Maine Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #20 of 60 hotels in Atlantic City
A TripAdvisor Member
“5 star Clean Friendly Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2004

My wife and I stayed at this resort on Memorial Day weekend this year. I must say this is Atlantic City's best kept secret. The staff at the Flagship is the most friendly in Atlantic City. One employee, John the doorman was the most helpful, he was extremely hospitable and customer service oriented. The resort has wonderful suites. During our visit we dined at their restaurant, the Ozone Bar and Grille. The prices were reasonable and the food and service was great. I can not express was satisfaction with this property. Next month I plan on staying with them again. I am really looking forward to it.

556 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Northeast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2004

I recently came back from a week stay at The Flagship. I have stayed there several times before and have always had a pleasent experience. If there were any problems they were quickly resolved. Well this week that we went the hotel was pretty full upon arrival, I had made reservations months in advance though. We asked for a newly remolded room, becasue they are in the process of remodeling. The man at the desk said they did not have any with the view that we wanted. We said ok and took it. Usually we always get a newly remolded room and are completely satisifed. This room was pretty and had the excellent view that we wanted of the city and the ocean. Except the beds were old and had alot of dips in them. They were very uncomfortable. The room was missing a few of the new ammenitites the remolded rooms have, like the new beds, built in hair dryers in the room, better lighting, closeup mirror in bathroom. The rooms are all equipped with kicthettes including microwave, fridge and stove top. Besides the room the parking garage was closed due to paving and we had to hunt the street for parking at night. Also the remolding was going on and at 9 am every morning there was hammering above our heads and woke us up. Normally we have a very pleasent stay. If you stay at this hotel you will enjoy the good size rooms with kitchenette and private balcony overlooking the atlantic ocean. Just ask for a new remolded room and a high up floor. I think once all the remolding get down this will be a top rate place to stay. Just a few snags at the moment.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2004

I'm glad we did not listen to the negative reviews and gave the hotel a chance. We were about ready to cancel our reservations but called the hotel personally and asked for an Ocean Front Room. The gal at the front desk was very nice and we felt much better after speaking with her. The room was not 5 star but it was not a dump either. It was not a bad deal for the money and suited our needs very well - a place to sleep and shower. The refridgerator kept our beer cold and the showers were nice and hot. The bathroom was very roomy. The rugs are a bit dirty so bring socks or slippers. There were no plates, cups or silverware but housekeeping brought us a nice supply of paper products so we were fine. We had a great view of the ocean and sat on the balcony at night listening to the waves and in the morning watching the boats. The people at the hotel were very nice and brought everything we requested to our room in a reasonable time (even at 3:00 am in the morning) We don't mind a little walking and the 15 minutes walk along the boardwalk to Showboat was no trouble at all. We always found a parking space and felt safe in the garage and elevators. As in any garage or elevator, just use a little common sense and be aware of your surroundings. The pool is indoor but the outdoor sundeck is adjacent to the pool and was very enjoyable if you want to get a little sun. We plan to return next year, but this time we will request a corner room facing the water - they seem to have more room and the bacony is larger.

Norristown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2004

My husband and I stayed for our 1st Anniversary in May. The service was great. The pool, gameroom and fitness center were nice. The windows for the "ocean view" were very dirty. The area where the hotel is located looks "run down".

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2004

I own a timeshare at the flagship resort(motel) and I was very displeased. I went there as a promotion to stay 2 nights for free in return they were trying to get me to upgrade my timeshare. First the parking lot is disgusting and filthy. Eventhough it may be safe you feel like someone might pop out from a corner or something. Secondly they put us in a room that wasn't renovated, I understand it was free but if you are trying to coerce somebody into spending more money on something I think you would go the extra mile, which they didn't. The beds were hard as a rock, it was so hard that we checked out one night early. I was so displeased with the Flagship that I plan on cancelling my timeshare there. When I asked to upgrade my room they said they couldn't do it. Everyone else has already talked about the elevators which I think is being run like it is out of the Flinstones. My advice would be to stay in one of the casino's on the boardwalk.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2004

I was attending a Tupperware Convention in April & was there for just one night. The staff was very accommodating & professional. The hotel had a beautiful view of the ocean and downtown. The room itself was very clean but smelled like a smoker's room and I was offered to have the room "cleaner" which would eliminate the problem, but since I was not going to be there but one nite, I just aired out the room. There was a kitchenette with table and chairs, an apartment-sized refridgerater, coffee pot, microwave and other amenities. A balcony was included which you could actually step out and get a better view of the surroundings- great sunrise view!!

The surrounding area appears to have new home construction and is not run-down.

While all of the convention activities were at the convention center, I took a cab several places and within the city the total charge is $8.00; the hotel also runs a courtesy shuttle bus to the Sands casino on the top of the hour ending at midnite, and returns from the Sands on the 1/4 hour ending @ 01:15am. Other casinos are within walking distance from the Sands.

I did not experience the food or the vending machines. The place was quiet for the most part.

For an overnite stay, the Flagship was a nice place but I would not be interested in having a timeshare there nor staying for an entire week. I would prefer a non-smokers room.

Mid-Atlantic States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2004

Let me say, first of all, that I am glad that I had not read any of the reviews prior to staying at the Flagship two weekends ago. Why? The negative reviews simply would have scared me away. The truth is, however, that it is good to state both the positive and the negative. I guess perspective plays a BIG role in how one rates one's stay at a hotel and how one views that stay in hindsight. I rarely traveled to Atlantic City before this year because the surrounding, residential area leaves a lot to be desired. HOWEVER, that is not Flagship's fault.
If you like or love A.C. the way I do now, then write to the mayor of Atlantic City or to Gov. McGreevey because either or both would love to hear your ideas about improving the economic plight of people who LIVE and WORK FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT in A.C. Now, about the Flagship specifically: yes, the elevators are slow and security needs to be tighter. But the size of the rooms, the amenities, the bee-yoo-tee-ful ocean view and, yes, the prices are hard to beat. The bathroom had so many towels, I nearly had an orgasm just standing there looking around it. I had fun. I lived the FANTASY of gambling in A.C. by day and sleeping more than 20 stories above the ocean at night. I can't wait to return this spring, hopefully with someone next time. Oh, and I won a lot of money in the casinos! Yeah!

• Stayed April 2004

Been to Flagship Resort? Share your experiences!