“ac vacation” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
New York City, New York
“ac vacation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed in 1 bedroom condo had 1 and 1/2 baths very clean (rugs very old) on 25th floor. Huge balcony overlooking inlet and casinos,very nice!!Staff very friendly and helpful. Frre parking lot by resorts so you can go to beach.Only problem was getting clean towels, called the extention for them and was told they were coming right up and they never arrived so we asked cleaning lady in hall who was very accommodating. Overall i would go back , the elevators were not as bad as reviews i read only sunday morning when a lot of people were checking out. ( I stayed friday to friday)

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views, but if you want to avoid elevators parking garage only goes to 6thfl...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Beachwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

My Husband and I spent a weekend in Atlantic city and we stayed at the flagship hotel. We just love it. We are local to the area and we are members so it is easy for us to get away without having to go to far. The weekend let us get away from home and recharge! We walked around Atlantic city the boardwalk and the casinos. the hotel even offers a shuttle service . We were never bored! The staff was friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Some rooms have been renovated more recently but the ocean side rooms that face the ocean have the b...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I stay for a week checking in was quick. It took 20 minutes for the elevator to come. My room was amazing. Pool was nice for the kids. The game room was so small that we walked in and walked right out. But hey for the price I would stay again

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Royal Oak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

First off I became obsessed with all of the negative reviews before I stayed at this hotel. We checked in on a Saturday at 2pm with no issues (waited roughly 10 mins). The room was great with almost everything brand new. The view was awesome with looking at the ocean every morning. Now the area near by is not great but it is only a 4 min drive to anywhere you wanted to go or a 13 dollar can ride. By the way taxis here can not charge you more then 13 dollars which is pretty sweet. I personally liked to walk which took about 10 mins to Revel and 25 to Ballys. The elevators are not bad at all waited no more then 10 min waits (max). Parking is tight in the parking garage and they charge you 7 dollars a day. Overall I was excited to have a nice room with a amazing view. For the record I am a interval international time share owner and I am use to having nice hotels to stay at for a week. The only bad thing I would say is the area near by is pretty scary. Enjoy your stay. Also if you make a left out of the resort they have a small beach area with life guards that has no more then 10 people sun bathing (makes it so much nicer to lay out).

Stayed July 2014
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is a timeshare apartment complex, with a restaurant on site. We stayed in July 2014 on a one week exchange, although we checked out early for personal reasons unrelated to the hotel. We did not visit the restaurant, so I can't comment on it.

I have a gripe with Interval International in that they treat all weeks as equal when it comes to exchanging. I think that they should use the one to five star rating for hotel quality, plus factors for location and time of year when it comes to exchanges, so there is a closer like for like exchange. I belong to the Accor Pacific Vacation Club, its accommodations are far superior to those of FantaSea, but I did know that going in, so that is not the resort's issue it's mine.

The area in which this hotel is located is really sketchy, it is surrounded by low income housing and public housing projects. Although it is only a mile from the boardwalk and the Revel casino, there is no way I was prepared to walk around the area, even during the day - and I live in Brooklyn. The remnants of a boardwalk are outside the hotel, whether this was destroyed by Hurricane Sandy or years of neglect I don't know, but it's an eyesore.

The lobby, elevator lobbies, pool, jacuzzi and rooms are all in urgent need of remodeling. The lobby works hard and has not been updated in years and it shows its age. Similarly, the elevator lobbies, and the public areas generally are showing the effects of years of hard work.

The elevators are slow and crowded as others have indicated, the resort is apparently upgrading the elevators - the project apparently started early 2013 and is expected to be complete in 2015. In the meantime, you can wait 15 - 20 minutes for an elevator. I would warn against trying to catch a up elevator from the second or third floor, you will wait a long time, it will be quicker to go to the lobby and get on the line for an up elevator there. The elevators are most crowded on Saturday afternoons when the time share guests check in.

The pool and jacuzzi area is really depressing, the deck is painted with some kind of nondescript color of non-skid paint and is just a sad place to be. We visited during school vacation, so the pool was crowded with kids being kids (being noisy and boisterous). There is an adult only time, but this is when we were out at dinner and the casinos, so we didn't check it out. I can't imagine that it is less depressing after dark.

Our room was on the 19th floor and had a stunning view of the inlet, Brigantine Beach, the Atlantic Ocean down to the Revel end of the Boardwalk. If the city/resort ever repair the Boardwalk extension, it would be nice to cycle along to the Boardwalk in the mornings. Our room was a studio with two queen beds with one small nightstand between them, a TV credenza (with 42" flatscreen TV and DVD player), a small bathroom with single sink and shower over tub. The dining table was this weird triangle with four chairs, there was a lower section and an upper like a place to have the food dishes, it was really impractical and took up a lot of real estate in a smallish room. The kitchenette had a two burner electric stove, microwave, bar fridge (no freezer), and a reasonable set of kitchen equipment for cooking small meals. The room was dated and the AC unit was partly hanging out of the wall, as was the electric switch plate for the lights over the beds. The mattresses were enclosed in a PVC mattress protector, which is great for preventing beg bugs, but not so great for keeping the fitted sheets on the mattress during the night. The room was serviced once during our five night stay. The room was clean, although it had that musty smell that carpets get in humid environments. The room suffered from noise transfer from adjacent rooms and the hallways.

Generally speaking, I would call this a two star property. It needs a large infusion of cash to bring the scores higher, but I don't know where this would come from. The resort is actively marketing the time shares (we declined to sit through a sales pitch in exchange for freebies), but I don't see them selling enough to make a difference. Resales of time shares for this property can be had for as low as $800 on the internet. Atlantic City is in decline and I can't see this resort raising the kind of cash it needs to renovate the property.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms have spectacular views. Choosing a room on a high floor should make going down...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
St Maarten
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This place is worst than worst. The elevators are soooooo slow. The service sucks. Checking in takes forever. Who in their right mind would buy this as a time share? I wouldn't want this place if it was FREE!!!

Room Tip: Run!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Greenville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We did a travel exchange through Interval International and our expectations were that we would be staying at an upscale resort. What a disappointment. The front desk staff were terse, there were long waits for the elevators, and our room was clean, but not what we expected. There was a sign stating the elevator system was being worked upon; however, there was no evidence of this, and another guest told us that he has been vacationing there for three years, and it is the same old problem with the elevators year after year. The room was worn and tattered with the bare minimum of cheap furniture, no dishwasher, and only a mini fridge; the bed was old, and we swear it was stuffed with straw; the bathroom was small, poorly lit and the fan was not working. We liked the balcony and the view from our room on the 27th floor, and we liked the location for the nearness of the Boardwalk and Casinos, but you could not walk there because the boardwalk was washed out and not repaired, and the neighborhoods to walk to the boardwalk through town were downright scary. When it came to our mid-week clean-up, my husband had to bribe the cleaning person to clean our room instead of taking a lunch break. The hotel had highly visible security, which made us feel a little more comfortable. The restaurant was pedestrian at best; however, one waiter, Angelo, was excellent. Even though we were exchange guests, we had to pay $50 for Wi-Fi for the week. The good things: the view and proximity to the boardwalk; the bad things: everything else! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, and I certainly would never stay there again. I am actually surprised that Interval International has this hotel in their network.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, do not stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family