“First Time in AC” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Ottawa, Canada
“First Time in AC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We travelled to AC in June of 2013 and I found this hotel online for a very cheap priced and the reviews were 50/50. In all honesty, it isnt the worst but it definetly isnt the best!

The service is very blah. Check in was fairly quick but thats about all the service we received. At no point in time, we stayed for 5 days, we're we asked if everything was good. The rooms are decent enough, I mean the kitchenette is very small and not quite as useful as I had imagined!

I do have to say that the best part was the pool and the sun deck.. Those are just great! Yes the pool looks old but to us it was very clean and definetly used during our time there!

The worst part is the location.. Yes we wanted to be off the strip since we imagined it was going to be noisy but god! Its basically in a location where hurricane sandy did damage and it shows. I would almost say your in the ghetto part of AC.. I would not have felt safe walking to the pier if my friend would not have been a man!!!

Would I recommend it?? To be honest I'm not sure! I would strongly suggest trying to find hotels on the strip with similar pricing but all in all its not that bad of a hotel.. Would I return? Sadly no!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Place is absolutely disgusting!!!!! We got called in for a Fantasea / RCI timeshare presentation and we were there for 4 hours total waste of time. As soon as you walk into the lobby it's looks sketchy right down the street from a strip club looks and smells like they rent rooms by the hour. We got a tour of the pool area looks nothing like the pictures on this site. Dirty smelly unsanitary...the hallways to get to the pool and the rooms smell like smoke, musty and mildew like they have not been cleaned. The salespeople has had speak to 4 different people try to sell us a timeshares anything to give have them get our credit card information. The whole thing felt like a complete scam!!!! BEWARE & STAY AWAY!!!!!!

Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Place is a told scam! Looks like it is from 1970s. Sales people are pushy and rude! If we could rate this place 0 stars we would have. The halls smell mildew and like they have very been cleaned. They market this hotel as a family resort but I would never take my children here. Totally unsanitary!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I regret buying a time share at this resort. The service is terrible and it's not very clean. There is always a problem when you are trying to books rooms. Since becoming a owner the sell pitch are for different than what you are told when they are trying to sale you these units if I could sale I would right now

• Stayed July 2014
Long Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We traded on II for a week from Friday 6/27-7/4, but we only stayed from 6/2/-7/3 (four nights) not because of the resort, but a week is too long for staying in AC.

Our unit was a studio on the 21st floor. It must have been one of the refurbished units, because everything was in very good shape, rugs, beds, bathroom. The view overlooking the inlet and ocean was beautiful.

We were asked to tour at check in and once by phone and they took our no's quickly with no pressure. We parked in the lot next door, which is rocky, bumpy, but useable with no problem. The staff is very friendly, and the Tuesday room cleaning was excellent with fresh towels and bath accessories. They provide a roll of paper towels and dishwashing soap in the partial kitchen.

What everyone says about the elevators is true, slow. There are 4 elevators, but you put in the floor number on a screen in the hall, and it flashes what elevator (A to D) will come. Should work well, but I don't think that they have all 4 elevator shafts working.

The resort itself is not close to the casinos either on the boardwalk or marina, but we had a car and the ride was not too long to either. One time we walked, after taking the shuttle to the Tropicana, back to the Flagship...that was quite a hike.

Unfortunately, other than Beatlemania (which was great) at the Trump Plaza, there were no shows in AC, so not much to do other than gamble and walk the boardwalk. The boardwalk closest to the resort is still not repaired since Hurricane Sandy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
West Chester, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed at the Flagship Resort with my aunt. I am glad I was her guest and did not pay for the room. The resort is not in a safe area. Doing research I found it is in a higher crime rate area for Atlantic City. It is not convenient to the Boardwalk, beach, or any other attractions. They charge for parking and internet access. The front desk was not friendly upon my arrival. The elevators are very slow, sometimes waiting 20 minutes. The towels we were given were thin and well used and not replenished during my stay. The room itself was average. The kitchenette area was barely adequate. I have stayed in numerous resorts, hotels, and motels and have had better service and amenities. On the scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the worst, I would rate this resort a "1" compared to other vacation places I have stayed. If you want to come to Atlantic City, stay in one of the casinos. I will not return here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I checked in and was given a room with pee stains on the blanket and hair on the sheets. The room itself smelt like urine,the patio door didn't work and the room was dirty like no one ever cleaned it. They moved me to another room that had no working lights in the bedroom and after I called the front desk and was told they would send someone up to replace the light bulbs,they lied it has been 8 hours and still no light. The room is so old and so dirty I just wanted to leave,and they have the nerve to ask you about taking a tour and buying timeshare after you check in,I wouldn't leave my goldfish in this place. It was old soap scum on the shower walls,blood or something red on the bathroom doors,brown crap on the light switch,and the furniture is dirty.Bottom line don't stay here it is not worth it and is the worst,there is nothing nice about this place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here,pay a little more and go some where nicer and cleaner.