“Nice, but could have been better.” 3 of 5 stars

Flagship Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   60 N. Maine Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #22 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“Nice, but could have been better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The hotel is located away from the noise and bustle of the commercial end of the boardwalk. We had a remodeled room with a great view of the ocean, inlet and the sunset. The room was very nice. Our housekeeper felt the need to take our towels and not replace them, but our request for more was quickly met after a call to the front desk. Shuttle and van service to the boardwalk and other areas was convenient and frequent enough that we never really had to wait for long. Overall, staff members were very pleasant and helpful. HOWEVER, the elevator service was excruciating,and we actually learned to add extra time when planning to arrive somewhere at a preset time. One or two waits were 20 minutes! I would have been willing to walk up the stairs, but beyond the fifth floor (highest parking garage level), I found the doors locked. Finally, the food at the restaurant was great, and we had fun dancing to the DJ music.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room on a floor that has been remodeled!! From the glimpses I caught of othe...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Daniel H, Front Services Supervisor at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and all of your feedback. As I am sure you know, we are updating the elevator systems. This does create some wait times during the high volumes periods of the week. I am glad the staff was able to assist you with anything you needed and we all hope to see you again soon.

531 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Recently returned from The Flagship Resort, where I had a one bedroom 2 baths unit. My room was on the 31st floor and the view of Atlantic City Hotels, and Brigantine beach were EXCEPTIONAL.. There is a good Saturday, Sunday morning breakfast buffet at the resort. Do not miss it. It is a great Resort, in a great location in AC. They also provide and a shuttle bus service to almost all casinos.This is a great deal as you can leave your car parked and enjoy drinking in the casinos.

Room Tip: High floor for a good view of AC.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response, I really look forward to responses from Senior Contributors here on TripAdvisor. We do have some of the best views in Atlantic City and that continues from the room into our Blue Water Grille! Thank you for staying and we are glad you enjoyed your stay!
Bristol, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have been owners of the flagship for many years and always do exchanges. We never had a problem at the flagship until this year. We were not given a remodel room, but a room that was not remodeled. The carpet was old and dirty, we had ants, the ceiling looks like is was linking at one time, the tile on the floor was horrendous it had big holes and very unsafe. The bathrooms were dirty. We called the frontdesk and explain our concerns. They did not have another 2 bedroom for us to stay in. A supervisor came up to clean and a manager took a tour of the room and wrote down our concerns I am soooo disappointed with the flagship that they would even give us a room (#3202) that was in bad condition. To date, we have never received a call or email from the office.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Obviously I can not speak for your specific case but I am glad a Housekeeping Supervisor was up to assist you and address your concerns. We do appreciate your time spent with us and will always strive to make it exceed your expectations.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

See below for the letter I sent to the management of this hotel. That should say enough.

"Dear Flagship Management,

I am writing to let you know of the unequivocally worst hotel experience I have ever had, which occurred at your property.

My girlfriend and I arrived on July 28th to a desolate neighborhood removed from the Atlantic City boardwalk. We entered the parking garage amidst confusion from the security guards, and found our way to the crowded lobby, which was full of frustrated customers due to the abysmal elevator situation. The attempts to ameliorate the situation with finger foods were crass and patronizing. The staff was indifferent to the chaos. After I checked in I was greeted by an eager salesman, whose sales pitch to purchase a property at your resort was incredibly ill timed, and infuriating as we stood in line for the one working elevator. We waited amongst the other guests for 12 minutes while an elevator finally worked it’s way to us, and we crowded onto it, overcrowded, frustrated, and angry.

We arrived in our room to dirt, grime, and hair. Picture #1 on the next page shows the ball of hair we found immediately upon entering the bathroom. Picture #2 showcases the grime and disgusting sticky substance that we found stuck to the molding on the side of the table. Picture #3 shows the mysterious sticky residue that was on the couch-side table, which I discovered by putting on my shirt which had been resting there and literally covering myself in sticky awful mess.

Were it not for the dinner reservation we had to make, I would have returned to the desk and demanded a refund then and there, but we chose to not interrupt our vacation. Instead, we boarded your useless shuttle to the boardwalk, which was mysteriously abandoned by the driver minutes after we got on. We sat and waited, before I realized I needed to return to the room for event tickets I had mistakenly forgot- an impossible task considering the wait time for the elevator was well beyond reason. I began up the stairs, which were unlit and flagrantly dangerous, and made it to somewhere around the 8th floor before hitting a dead end. I was furious, and headed back down to the level with the fitness center on it, where an employee directed me to another staircase. I bounded up the stairs to the twelfth floor, only to find that the door handle to the rooms was literally broken off and sitting on the floor. The door would not open. Downright dangerous once again. I was enraged. Only by pure luck did a passing guest let me in.

I returned to my room, grabbed my tickets, and ran down the nearest flight of stairs, twelve flights down, where I arrived in an employee area- I was in a break room and servery area. I navigated by pure chance to the lobby where my girlfriend and I hastily hailed a cab, wishing never to return.

We stayed that night, not because we wanted to, but simply because we refused to let your subpar accommodations alter our plans which thankfully, didn’t involve your hotel more than simply being a place to sleep. We packed our things at first light and escaped.

I want you to know that despite this abhorrent experience, I paid the same average rate as the other hotels in the city that night. All told, with taxes, nearly $350 dollars. If I had the experience I did and paid half of that going rate, then perhaps I could chalk it up to “you get what you pay for”. But no. I paid the same amount as a room was going for at the casinos on the strip. But the experience I received was worlds worse than anything that they would provide.

You will receive no business from me or anyone I tell this story to ever again. You have failed as a member of the service industry and every day that this type of experience affects another guest, you will continue to do so."

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Newly renovated rooms, and a polite staff made my stay at flagship a memorable one. Ocean view rooms with a beach across the street, located in a quiet neighborhood, shuttle service, overall a great hotel for price.

East Meadow, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We didn't actually stay at this hotel, but did visit its facilities during a time-share sales pitch. The rooms were all redone in a very modern, clean-cut look. Lots of wood, granite, lighting, etc. The space was limited, but the view of the water was spectacular. Not a bad couples getaway. Too bad we couldn't stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We decided to try the Flagship thinking it would be convenient to get to the Boardwalk and the beach. Both were not true. We had to walk at least 5 blocks to get to the beach because of the crumbling Boardwalk on that end. Also the free shuttle to the Boardwalk was crowded and didn't run frequently enough to make it worthwhile. Our suite was a little shabby and had blue paint on the balcony and worn carpet. I also hated them soliciting for the timeshares, I'm on vacation, I don't want to sit 2 hours through a sales pitch! The best part was being able to rent movies at the front desk.

Room Tip: We got a suite that faced the ocean and had a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Flagship Resort? Share your experiences!