“A little less than Avg.” 3 of 5 stars

Flagship Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   60 N. Maine Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #22 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
Jamesburg, New Jersey
“A little less than Avg.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed March 15-17 2013. The effort is there but they need to try a little harder. We came down for the sales pitch and stayed Fri to Sunday. I wouldnt choose to stay at this hotel. Price may be good, but it is dated. They have made some upgrades but it needs more. The carpet is newer, they do have flat panel TVs. In our room the heat didnt work, the rods to pull the curtains were missing, the drain in the tub was VERY slow, the spreads on the bed were just old. The room wasnt cleaned Saturday by Housekeeping. We called and they sent someone to clean at 7pm. We didnt buy the timeshare. I wanted to put a rating of Average Minus. We didnt have to pay for parking. Everyones taste is different, but we wont be back here. Its not located in a slum as I have read by others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel H, Front Desk Supervisor at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your taking the time out to review our resort. We are continuously upgrading the units at our resort and efforts to make all of our guests as comfortable as possible. If you have any questions on those renovations feel free to contact us at the resort, or simply come re-visit us!

568 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I book this hotel from Hotels.com for me and my friend. In the ad from Hotels.com, they make it seem like a wonderful place and the room I booked was with a kitchenette with balcony. We were to stay for 2 nights. When we arrived, it felt like we were in the 1970's! First off, the elevator system is the worst! You have to enter the floor you want to go to and the keypad tells you what elevator to get on. You CANNOT get on another elevator otherwise your pretty much screwed! Inside the Elevator the buttons are disabled and blocked with a big metal box. They advertise on a TV (while your waiting for the elevator) that it's an "innovated" system and it's faster (seriously!?). Back to the room... It looked OK but when your physically in the room you start to pick up on things. Our room had two beds, the beds were very hard and the sheets didn't look that clean. The bathroom was disgusting, the light switch was dirty, the tub itself had markings from the bathmat being laid from previous people and the toilet seat was completely destroyed (it didn't have that coding so it was ruff). The kitchenette set was ok, the refrigerator hummed and vibrated. Next to the table was an outlet that also had a phone jack, we plug my laptop into the outlet and it did not work. Someone from "VIP" services called (aka a timeshare person) and I explained to him it didn't work, he said he would send up the maintenance guy. When the maintenance guy showed up he stated "All the rooms have that and it's been disabled" which would mean, WHY DO YOU HAVE SHOWING THEN! The maintenance guy also came up because of our DVD player did not have a remote, he told us "We don't have a remote for that model" So then what is the point of the player being in the room? 3 times I had to call for service and nothing was ever done. On top of everything, the parking garage is $7.00 per day, when you check in they offer you a parking pass which you would automatically think it would allow you to park for free, but no it costs you $7.49 a day! Other fees included, a $50 charge for any dirty dishes that were not cleaned before departure (they literary give you a small bottle of dish soap and a scotty brand pad), $200 fee for smoking in the room (but if you smoke on the balcony it's fine), $100 fee if you feed the seagulls and they leave a mess, immediate eviction if your too loud and disturb the other rooms, any trash left is a $100 charge, food and beverages are for people interested in a time share and among other charges. They even charge you $3 to rent a movie or $5 for two plus tax. Me and my friend did manage to sneak some Pepsi from their presentation without listening to it. I did contact Hotels.com and I was only offered a $50 off my next stay at any hotel, I would have wanted my money back or at least a partial refund but that obviously was not an option. All in all, I thought the Clairidge was a horrible hotel because it was deserted and dusty but this hotel just top that. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND STAYING THERE AT ALL! I would stay at either a Casino or a hotel that is not at the end of the boardwalk and that is NOT only interested in selling Timeshare. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Chris,

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us here at the Flagship. To address some of your concerns on charges; we do have charges for parking, smoking in a non-smoking unit and leaving dishes unwashed in the unit. However, we do not charge for the seagulls being fed. As your photograph describes we simply request you do not feed the seagulls, and give each unit the extension for housekeeping so they can assist you. If you had specific questions for me feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you and have a great day.
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I found the offer online and registered to check out the resort on a weekend. The fact that I stayed 2 nights in AC over the weekend for less than $300 made it worth it being that 1 night on the boardwalk can run you that much. Its not Harah's or even Bally's but its a cool little spot if your nose isn't in the air. There is a movie room for families, a pool, and restaurant/bar. There is a shuttle to take you to the social part of the Boardwalk as the Flagship is at the end and I did receive my free show tickets and buffet meal. No, I did not buy because honestly I get comped all the time but I did take the tour and its a cool spot for the non-gamblers who do not need to be in the most popular place. I had a good time, and I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Daniel H, Front Desk Supervisor at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your honest review. We do appreciate reviews from all types of visitors we have to our resort, and marketing promotions are definitely a significant portion of those visitors. I am very happy you got to enjoy the intricacies of our hotel and although you did not buy a timeshare with us, we hope to have you back soon.
Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed in Feb 2013, and it was an absolutely horrible place to stay. While they say they are upgrading the elevators, it took at minimum 5-10 minutes every time to get an elevator and then they were always overcrowded. They also kept my $100 security deposit because we didn't was the 4 cups and 1 knife that we used. I would not recommend wasting your money on this place. It is also out of the way all of the casino.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unlike most hotels in Atlantic City, we do provide kitchen utensils in the room for our guests. However, we do require the dishes be washed before check out to alleviate the transition time between one guest checking out and the next checking in. This charge of $50 is clearly stated on the registration card that all guests sign upon check in. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me directly.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were planning a short getaway to the Jersey Shore for the Fourth of July but went into sticker shot when we started to price hotels. Lucky for us, we traded into the Flagship Resort through Interval International. We liked that it wasn't right on the Boardwalk because we didn't really want to deal with the crowds on a daily basis. The room was quite spacious and clean. From our balcony we had a nice view of the ocean and Brigantine Island.

The staff was quite helpful and always friendly.

Parking is extra at the Flagship but we never had to use their parking garage. Parking was readily available on the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello!

Thank you for your rave review! We are glad you got to enjoy our resort last summer and hope you get to join us again soon. Thank you from all the staff at the Flagship!
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at Flagship Resort from 28 Dec 2012 - 4 Jan 2013. Besides the elevators, everything else was great. The restaurant was very nice with a nice view of the ocean. Although, the rooms need upgrading, they were spacious and the beds were pretty comfortable. Depending on the day of the week and if folks were checking out, the elevators were horrible. Sometimes the wait was verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long. People would literally camp out at the elevator waiting for it to 'be their turn' to board. They told us about the new elevator system. And, the only thing I can say is THEY WASTED THEIR MONEY. Depending on the time of year, there is no need to pay for parking. There was ample safe street parking. I parked in front of Flagship every day. Then, when I got my bill, they charged me $52.00 for parking in the garage when I NEVER stepped foot inside the garage. I'm still awaiting my refund.

Room Tip: While making reservations, ask for a room on a higher floor - the view is much nicer.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Daniel H, Front Desk Superivsor at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am glad to hear you would return to our resort. Particularly because it gives us the opportunity to show you that our resort is constantly making improvements. As for any incorrect billings I would say any specific questions you can feel free contact myself or anyone else in the Front Service staff and we would be happy to clear up any questions or concerns you may have. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
Wellsburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

we stayed at the flagship from 1/27 to 1/30 2013. Our unit was large & clean with views of the inlet, ocean and AC skyline. Being slow season in AC we did not have to wait long for elevators and few people at the pool deck. As for the resort being in the ghetto I disagree, the home surrounding the resort were mostly modern and well kept with some large open lots (if you went to AC 20 years ago you would have seen ghetto, hey welcome to the Northeast). Flagship was a good value and meet our needs. I paid for parking but knew what they charged in advance so no problem by me. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a view to the east if you can.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for coming up to visit us and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Your room tip is excellent, facing the inlet and Brigantine is one of our many excellent views. Next time you are in the South Jersey area we would love to have you again. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Been to Flagship Resort? Share your experiences!