“Pleasant stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Washington, DC
“Pleasant stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Good staff, very accomodating to our needs. The room was clean. The beds comfortable. Appreciated the free Wi-Fi, Plenty of free street parking. Thought the in house hotel restaurant was a little over priced. Beautiful view over looking the bay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Daniel H, Manager at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your input about the restaurant and will take that into consideration entering the new year. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town!

Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Salinas, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed here the better part of a week on a timeshare exchange. It's not bad and I might even have given them four stars if they had not charged for parking. I think that really is bad. But at least the WiFi was free. This place is isolated. The Inlet was a sketchy place when I lived here in the 70's. Most of the old buildings have been torn down but remnants of the old neighborhood remained. New houses surround the Flagship but there are no stores or anything. You need to take their shuttle, a cab, a jitney or drive to go anywhere. Do stop by Tony Boloney's for a pizza or cheesesteak, only blocks away.

The room was fine, furniture a little dated but it was clean enough. I would rate housekeeping as sub-par because the forgot to stock things and we had to call down for them. The staff was always responsive, helpful and friendly. Everything worked in the room and it was comfortable with a nice view of the Absecon Inlet and the Marina. There is a mini mart that is so small it is like, why bother. The indoor pool is good and the fitness center is OK. Many other reviews mention the elevators so I will say that I never waited more than a couple of minutes and they move fast. Momentary weightlessness may be experienced. They say they are being upgraded. For the number of floors here it seems they could be slow when it is busy. We did not try the restaurant. In summary, I would stay here again but if I got another exchange in AC I would probably try it. We did have a very nice time here.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Daniel H, Front Desk Superivsor at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your detailed and honest review. In addition it is nice to see a west coast perspective on our property. Atlantic City in conjunction with the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority are working towards bringing small business and restaurants to the Inlet. I do hope you keep us in mind next time you get a chance to exchange!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great place- one bedroom is spacious, well appointed. The staff is more than helpful. Seriously. They will do whatever to accomodate you.From the front desk to housekeeping- very delighted with the srevice. The chinese take-out two blocks up is outstanding- don't judge a book by its cover!

Room Tip: In my experience- best wifi reception is closest to elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Daniel H, Front Desk Superivsor at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I'm glad you could enjoy our accommodations and our service exceeded your expectations! That is what we strive for at the Flagship and we hope to see you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The staff, very warm and welcoming AND greeted us throughout our stay. The room, very tidy. You never have to leave the hotel for anything, it offers so much, unless you want to gamble. The best view ever of the city and water. We stayed in room 2504, I absolutely want that room again!!! Thanks to hotel Flag Ship for such a wonderful experience!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your review and we would love to have you back. As you experienced we have a multitude of beautiful views for our guests to enjoy. I hope to see you back here soon!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I had a relaxing and comfortable vacation week here. The room, 2219, was well equipped and clean. It had beautiful views of the ocean, the channel, and the Brigantine. The bedroom was especially nice with wrap around floor to ceiling windows on two sides. We turned off the air conditioning on arrival to enjoy the ocean breezes and to sleep to the sound of the ocean every night. Delightful! The kitchen was fairly well equipped, allowing budget travelers such as ourselves to take most of our meals in our room or on the balcony. The bed was comfortable and clean and we both slept well. We found the bathroom nice but a bit cramped.
We did not have a car with us so the free shuttles were a benefit. We were warned by the cab driver not to walk the neighborhood after dark. So, we learned to use the jitneys to get around also. The jitneys run very frequently and are easy to use. The boardwalk is badly damaged (Hurricane Irene), and closed between the hotel and the part of the boardwalk with the shops and casinos, necessitating a walk of several blocks through a dilapidated part of the city to reach the main boardwalk. We were told this will be repaired by April 2014.
We used the gym nearly every morning and watched the sun rise out of the ocean as the stationary bikes, treadmills, and elliptical machines face the ocean and the gym has floor to ceiling windows on two sides. The outdoor hot tubs we’re particularly relaxing in the cool evenings.
Pros:
Beautiful views
Very comfortable sleeping to ocean breezes and sounds
Friendly Staff
Free Shuttle Service
Nice Gym
2 outdoor hot tubs

Cons:
Nearest supermarket is 20 minute drive away (free grocery shuttle on Tuesdays)
Extremely limited stock in mini-mart
Bathroom on the small side
The same Jimmy Buffett concert played the entire week on the TV in the elevator lobby.
Flagship timeshare owners have priority over other guests on the shuttle. If it’s full you could get left behind.
Air conditioning system kept turning itself back on once or twice a day.

Recommended: Yes

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with an ocean view. Assuming that there is a typical floor plan, rooms ending i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to spend your week with us and I am glad we could provide you with an enjoyable vacation. In addition I am very pleased you had pleasant and helpful interactions with others throughout this beautiful city. If you ever find yourself in the area I do encourage you to re-visit us so we can give you another enjoyable stay. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best this new year.

Leonardo, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

After reading the reviews here I was apprehensive about staying here. On checking in I was given a choice of higher or lower floors so based on other recommendations I chose the high floor. We got a large room on the top floor with a wonderful view. I stripped the beds down and everything was clean. You could see some evidence of wear particularly in the bathroom, and outdated decor, but everything was clean. The balcony was missing tiles and had the classy $4 plastic furniture but the view was beautiful so you could almost overlook that.

The biggest issue was the venting and heat/air. When the heat kicked on it was loud and something rattled. And at a certain point there was a very unpleasant odor that drifted out of the vents until the heat kicked in. The room would have benefited greatly from a touch of Febreze.

On Mondays they clean the lower floors, Tuesdays they clean the top floors. I was woken up by the sound of doors slamming and staff having loud conversations in the hallway. Most annoying.

Also, parking is $7.49 a day but there is plenty of street parking! Grateful for that tip from another traveler here.

But the pool was very nice and so were the staff. And I never waited more than 3 minutes for an elevator. Yes, I would stay here again. I just wouldn't plan on spending a lot of time on the balcony, or sleeping in on Tuesdays. And I might bring my own bottle of Febreze...

Room Tip: Definitely go for the upper floor rooms with a view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha!

We thank you so much for visiting our resort here in beautiful Atlantic City. I hope that, if mentioned, any issues with the room were taken care of by our wonderful maintenance and housekeeping staff. Furthermore we do constantly make improvements to each and every room so we appreciate your feedback regarding the room. Thank you for your review and have a wonderful new year!

BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Fantasea Resort Sept. 22 - 29/12. Our unit had 2 queen beds. My husband and I both slept in a separate bed - I had the bed nearest to the window. All week I smelled a funny smell but I thought perhaps it was just in the carpet. The morning we were checking out, I stripped the bed (I always do this to save the housekeepers some work). I was nearly sick to my stomach when I looked at the mattress. There was a huge urine stain where I had been sleeping. There had been no attempt to wash or sanitize it. Obviously the staff had noticed it when they made the bed before we arrived and also on the Wednesday when our linens were changed. Could they not have even turned the mattress over? I was disgusted! I am not a fussy person, but that was over the top for me. Upon check-out, I told the girl at the desk about the mattress. She said "sorry" but did not seem overly concerned. As a result, I would not recommend this resort. (for clarification: I am 56 yrs old, do not have incontinence, and have not wet my bed since I was 3 yrs old.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Flagship Resort? Share your experiences!