“Enjoyable and Comfortable way to vist AC” 4 of 5 stars

Flagship Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   60 N. Maine Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #19 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
San Diego, California
“Enjoyable and Comfortable way to vist AC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I had a relaxing and comfortable vacation week here. The room, 2219, was well equipped and clean. It had beautiful views of the ocean, the channel, and the Brigantine. The bedroom was especially nice with wrap around floor to ceiling windows on two sides. We turned off the air conditioning on arrival to enjoy the ocean breezes and to sleep to the sound of the ocean every night. Delightful! The kitchen was fairly well equipped, allowing budget travelers such as ourselves to take most of our meals in our room or on the balcony. The bed was comfortable and clean and we both slept well. We found the bathroom nice but a bit cramped.
We did not have a car with us so the free shuttles were a benefit. We were warned by the cab driver not to walk the neighborhood after dark. So, we learned to use the jitneys to get around also. The jitneys run very frequently and are easy to use. The boardwalk is badly damaged (Hurricane Irene), and closed between the hotel and the part of the boardwalk with the shops and casinos, necessitating a walk of several blocks through a dilapidated part of the city to reach the main boardwalk. We were told this will be repaired by April 2014.
We used the gym nearly every morning and watched the sun rise out of the ocean as the stationary bikes, treadmills, and elliptical machines face the ocean and the gym has floor to ceiling windows on two sides. The outdoor hot tubs we’re particularly relaxing in the cool evenings.
Pros:
Beautiful views
Very comfortable sleeping to ocean breezes and sounds
Friendly Staff
Free Shuttle Service
Nice Gym
2 outdoor hot tubs

Cons:
Nearest supermarket is 20 minute drive away (free grocery shuttle on Tuesdays)
Extremely limited stock in mini-mart
Bathroom on the small side
The same Jimmy Buffett concert played the entire week on the TV in the elevator lobby.
Flagship timeshare owners have priority over other guests on the shuttle. If it’s full you could get left behind.
Air conditioning system kept turning itself back on once or twice a day.

Recommended: Yes

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with an ocean view. Assuming that there is a typical floor plan, rooms ending i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Daniel H, Front Desk Superivsor at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend your week with us and I am glad we could provide you with an enjoyable vacation. In addition I am very pleased you had pleasant and helpful interactions with others throughout this beautiful city. If you ever find yourself in the area I do encourage you to re-visit us so we can give you another enjoyable stay. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best this new year.

Daniel Hamill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Leonardo, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

After reading the reviews here I was apprehensive about staying here. On checking in I was given a choice of higher or lower floors so based on other recommendations I chose the high floor. We got a large room on the top floor with a wonderful view. I stripped the beds down and everything was clean. You could see some evidence of wear particularly in the bathroom, and outdated decor, but everything was clean. The balcony was missing tiles and had the classy $4 plastic furniture but the view was beautiful so you could almost overlook that.

The biggest issue was the venting and heat/air. When the heat kicked on it was loud and something rattled. And at a certain point there was a very unpleasant odor that drifted out of the vents until the heat kicked in. The room would have benefited greatly from a touch of Febreze.

On Mondays they clean the lower floors, Tuesdays they clean the top floors. I was woken up by the sound of doors slamming and staff having loud conversations in the hallway. Most annoying.

Also, parking is $7.49 a day but there is plenty of street parking! Grateful for that tip from another traveler here.

But the pool was very nice and so were the staff. And I never waited more than 3 minutes for an elevator. Yes, I would stay here again. I just wouldn't plan on spending a lot of time on the balcony, or sleeping in on Tuesdays. And I might bring my own bottle of Febreze...

Room Tip: Definitely go for the upper floor rooms with a view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha!

We thank you so much for visiting our resort here in beautiful Atlantic City. I hope that, if mentioned, any issues with the room were taken care of by our wonderful maintenance and housekeeping staff. Furthermore we do constantly make improvements to each and every room so we appreciate your feedback regarding the room. Thank you for your review and have a wonderful new year!

Daniel Hamill
BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Fantasea Resort Sept. 22 - 29/12. Our unit had 2 queen beds. My husband and I both slept in a separate bed - I had the bed nearest to the window. All week I smelled a funny smell but I thought perhaps it was just in the carpet. The morning we were checking out, I stripped the bed (I always do this to save the housekeepers some work). I was nearly sick to my stomach when I looked at the mattress. There was a huge urine stain where I had been sleeping. There had been no attempt to wash or sanitize it. Obviously the staff had noticed it when they made the bed before we arrived and also on the Wednesday when our linens were changed. Could they not have even turned the mattress over? I was disgusted! I am not a fussy person, but that was over the top for me. Upon check-out, I told the girl at the desk about the mattress. She said "sorry" but did not seem overly concerned. As a result, I would not recommend this resort. (for clarification: I am 56 yrs old, do not have incontinence, and have not wet my bed since I was 3 yrs old.)

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

My first impression was coming out of the parking garage and into a short corridor that smelled like a pet store. Then we went to get on the elevator, which took forever. After we arrived in our room, the smell of dirty ashtray was so over powering I had to open the sliding door of our balcony, which was tastefully decorated with white plastic chairs. The wall paper was falling off the walls, the cabinets in the bathroom were old and looked like they may fall apart at any given moment. Mildew and soap scum surrounded the faucets, I think you get the picture!!! Nice staff, nice views, just
needs some cleaning up!

• Stayed September 2012
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Flagship, which is very reasonalbly priced, is at the very northern end of the Atlantic City Boardwalk. It has fabulous views of the ocean, the entrance to the marina and, of course, the casino skyline - all from our own private balcony on the 28th floor of this lovely 32 floor complex. Our spotless accomodations were most satisfactory, with updated features such as granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and a very large flat screen TV. Every staff member we encountered was extremely friendly & helpful.

Room Tip: Request an ocean view on the highest level available.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Everything a couple would need and want outside of the hectic casino fanfare but near it.
Helpful friendly staff, clean with a great hot tub/pool/restaurant and many other amenities.
Our condo was just perfect but parking can be an issue with a large high auto

Room Tip: High floor ocean/inlet view
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The Flagship is a privately-owned resort that has a lot of character. First, regarding the elevators...they are spending 1.5 to renovate all the elevators, which is great, though considering you may be going up 20 floors....they were perfectly fine. Hot tubs on the pool floor outside were hidden, and we found them in the evening completely empty, and a nice totally private spot to escape to. Very comfy beds!
The new Revel Hotel is adjacent to this hotel, and they are finishing the new Revel Beach and the rest of that resort, too. This resort is the closest resort to the Revel, so if you ideally want to visit the Revel for gaming, etc., and its amenities/restaurants but not spend a fortune on a room, then come back to a nice quiet hotel next door, with large balconies and gorgeous views,
With the area currently being developed--that is the new pier, the new Jimmy Buffet's Margarativille, and the new Hard Rock, AC is definitely the place to be, You are right near it all right here at the Flagship. So go on over to the all the famous sites, and come here to relax, swim, and get beautiful peaceful views of the skyline and ocean.
My only real complaint is that they need to ensure that there is coffee in the room at all times. I reported this to the staff, and I am hoping that it will be remedied! Otherwise, this hotel is personal and a very good value for this pricey area. I also found a much friendlier staff than the rest of the AC area's hotels.

Room Tip: Get a high floor for peace and quiet and a gorgeous view of the skyline and ocean sounds.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Flagship Resort? Share your experiences!