“Stay away” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 58 Hotels in Atlantic City
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Stay away”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Overpriced. Marketed as a 3star hotel but more like a 1 - 2 star. Felt like staying at The Motel 8 from back in the day. If looking for a nice place, consider The Borgata, The Water Club or the new Revel.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Huntington, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here for one night and used it for a place to sleep.

Plus side: great view of the ocean, comfortable bed, pull out couch in living room worked well for young children, staff was friendly. Morning of our stay the elevators were all on line and were a non-issue (during check in the previous night there were 2 working and they were slow). Has a kitchen which could save you time and money for an extended stay.

Down side: Not in the best part of town, plan on extra time to take the Jitney to attractions you might be interested in. Pool is on the smaller side and of limited enjoyment for the kids. Rooms show signs of wear.

Room Tip: Avoid going on 6th floor to stay away from workout facility on 7th. Being across from the elevator...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Flagship Resort,

Bedbugs: During our stay, I developed what at the time seemed like chicken pox outbreak. I checked out early and ended up in the Emergency Room the next day. I was diagnosed with Chicken Pox from the Emergency Room and given medicine for the itching. Upon my fellow with my doctor (72 hours later); I was referred to Infectious Disease. My infectious Disease doctor called a dermatologist to her office and both doctors informed/confirmed that I did not have the chicken Pox. I in fact had severe Bed Bug Bites. I was given cream for the itching and cleared to return to work.

Today, I called Flagship Resort to inform them what I had gone through (was not looking for anything). The first person (Sharon) transferred me to the front desk (no name) who in turned transferred me to the head of security (Warren). I was informed that they (Flagship Security) could not do an incident report until I provide them with a not from the doctor stating that I had Bed Bug Bites so it can be sent to their legal department (I will obtain one tomorrow). I asked Warren to please send someone to Room 2608 to check the room out (Doubt if they will do that).

Boardwalk Shuttle - Priority is given to owners and if there are still vacant seats, other guest can get on. Shuttle drivers do not have to make a second trip if the shuttle is full. People would have to wait almost 2 hours for another shuttle.

Blue Grille Restaurant - Way too long to receive food; we actually received our check before the appetizers’ came out. Imagine the shock on my fast when I was presented with the bill. All I could say was "I would like to get our food before I have to pay". When the food did arrive, my food was very cold. This resort need to make sure they have ample staff employed. The waiter did take 10% off my total bill.
Free Wifi – A little slow, but it indeed was free; Kids Club – Could use some updating, but my 11 year old did have fun: Arcade – O.k, just make sure you have a lot of quarters; Pool – Again the 11 year enjoyed it, my teenagers were not impressed.

I will review customer reviews before I book any other vacations!!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay in room 2608
Springfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here for a week, and would never come back again. When we checked in there were no towels. We were given a room right below the fitness center which resulted in hearing people work out at all times of the day.

As mentioned in other posts, the hotel has seen better days. Elevators are horrible, laundry facilities were pathetic and resulted in waits to use. They nickle and dime you for everything from laundry, game room, DVDs, to parking.

You can do much better, and would recommend you keep looking.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

for starters this is not the Revel or the Borgota...but our experience was far from horrible like some of the reviews I've read. Everyone on the staff was really friendly and helpful, the room was nice and the pool area/jacuzzi was a lot of fun. The highlight of the room was definitely the fantastic view...we could see the ocean and had an uninterrupted view of the entire AC strip from our balcony (I think every room has one) which was pretty awesome.

On the down side, while Flagship is right across the street from the boardwalk, this part is currently separated from the main boardwalk by dilapidated sections that force you to walk in the streets and unfortunately it's not located in the best part of town. We attempted to walk from the Revel to the Flagship at night (it's only about half a mile so it seemed like an ok idea)...big mistake, you'll walk through some pretty terrible areas.

That said our overall experience was very positive and as long as you're ok with taking cabs everywhere at night Flagship is a great place to stay. Sure it can't be compared to some of the higher-end places out there but I'd imagine that's reflected in the price (we got it through a time share so I have no idea how much it is a night). I have no doubt we'll stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This may have been a nice property years ago.... We had to check in late as we were coming in from several states away. Got there at 3 a.m. (they were aware of this) Guess what! They shut their computers down around 3 a.m. and we had to wait til 4 a.m. to check in! By the time we finally got into the room it was after 5:00 a.m.. Just what you want to do after 13 hours of driving. What kind of customer service is that? The room was ok I guess, nothing to write home about. The bathroom was not real clean, had cigarette burns in the sink. One light out in one of the living areas, two more burned out in the bathroom while we were there. At checkout time elevators....took 40 MINUTES to get on the elevator at all. Finally had to get a bellman to come ( they have a key, and of course you have to pay.) Even at that we waited for someone to come with a cart, once they hit our floor, they let people on that had waited there for 5 minutes, and we had to wait for the elevator to come back. The people at the front desk had a lousy attitude. They have 3 washers (one that does not work) and 3 dryers for around 30 floors of people. ????? Forget the "boardwalk". It is wrecked in so many areas you cannot use it to get anywhere. I wouldn't walk anywhere very far as you have to go through some pretty rough neighborhoods to get over to the nice beaches (which are a couple of miles away) There are some nasty beaches you can see from the resort, but I am not sure a person should swim in them, and again, you have to go through rough neighborhoods. All in all, I would not stay here again, nor go to Atlantic City for that matter.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Easton, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have never stayed in such a horrible place. We checked in at 9:00 and by 10:30 had moved to the Sheraton hotel. The room was not clean, there was hair all over the bathroom. My husband would not even sit on the bed. I called my timeshare that Monday and they provided me with a free certificate. very appreciative of their efforts.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Flagship Resort? Share your experiences!