“Weekend with the girls” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Nugget

You added Golden Nugget to your Saves list
Golden Nugget
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Huron & Brigantine Blvd, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (Formerly Trump Marina Hotel and Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Weekend with the girls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had amazing massages and a great dinner at The Chart House but we were awakened by some idiots in the hallway @4:30 in the morning that were drunk and security had to come up. I will definitely go back with my husband because my friends and I had a good time it was just unfortunate that our stay was disturbed by insensitive guests.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Check in time is 4pm. When we checked in at 4 we were told the room was being cleaned they would call when it was ready. I am handicapped and had left home in time for 4pm check in because I was told my preference could not be met unless I checked in on time. At 5pm I returned to check in area and was greeted by a very rude woman that said she couldn't tell me when my room would be ready that they would call me and I am and insulin diabetic and my meds are with the valet check in with all my belongings. It is no 6pm and still no call this is the most rediculous thing I have ever dealt with in AC!

• Stayed August 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I recently stayed at the GN from July 28th-Aug 1st. I must say this hotel is 1 of the top in Atlantic City. No other hotel had a pool like GN, this played a BIG factor in my choice for staying here. This hotel was very clean and well kept. No matter what time of day it was there was always a security guard standing by the elevators that you had to show your room key to in order to get upstairs. This left me with a great sense of security and safety. We ate at a few different restaurants, the food seemed average as well as the price. Only downfalls I came across with GN was that the walls are super thin and the hotel wasn't that big. We heard the convo of our neighbors throughout the night, as well as the elevators going up and down all night. Compared to other hotels we visited upon our stay, the GN was very clean and had outstanding service. I would stay here again, but I would rather stay at one of the larger hotels with more slots and be on the boardwalk since thats where we went everyday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators and a higher floor to escape some of the hustle and bustle go...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed here for a few days for my birthday. Stayed in a suite, was beautiful and very clean, however the tub in one bathroom had an issue. Pool area was very nice as well although much of the area was taped off with caution tape and the rest of the area mostly had reserved signs.. Casinos were typical. Dark and smoky... Valet parking was quick

My main issue with this property was the front desk agents. Upon check in, the woman who's name I didn't get was very flirty with my hubby and actually went as far as giving him her number! VERY unprofessional and bold!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We absolutely love it here. If you are a gambler -- this is the best in AC as far as players reward. We get so many great give aways -- MORE THAN ANY PLACE IN AC and they dont give out garbage! We have thousands in Macys gift cards, Tiffany jewelry, name brand small appliances, liquor and so on! Our Casino Host Justin P is THE BEST. The rooms are nice and the suites are awesome! A heads up on the rooms -- they have sliding bathroom doors and that really cuts down on the privacy -- you can hear everything and it is very easy to wake anyone sleeping. Bath tubs in the rooms -- huge for me -- I love bubble baths and soaking! Suites have Gilcrest and Soames toiletries -- a FAV of mine so that is great. Very difficult to get a suite unless you a big player. We are decent players -- we have their ELITE card -- top one of the four available and we cant get a suite very often -- especially durig the summer. It has been months since we have had a suite! Great restaurants -- especiall Vic and Anthonys. We love Grotto and Lilly's too! Nice gaming floor and BEST HIGH LIMIT ROOM on the island.
Great linens -- Sobella ... another FAV of mine! Here is the BEST part -- they have BY FAR the best pool/deck in AC. Open late -- the latest that I have found out of all of them so you can do the pool and jacuzzi until very late! (2am weekends) open all year too. They have a fire pit and bars. Cabannas and large beds for rentals. Call ahead and ask about the cabannas and such -- it will be worth it to rent them. FANTASTIC view! We love chilling out here at sunset. There are the greens and a track -- do you yoga or go for a run! Hotel check in is very good in VIP check in -- have been not so happy with some of the staff checking us in the the regular check in -- especially being Elite players. If you have any questions ... please ask -- we are here every couple of weeks! Oh -- if you are an out of towner -- this is not close to the beach and boardwalk -- you will have to drive or take our Jittney. The Jittney is cheap and easy! VElet parking available -- and of course garage parking but we always use valet.

Room Tip: End floor suites are awesome and have a seperate bedroom. The Cantina suotes are in H2O and have wa...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
baltimore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I was pleasently suprised when my fiance and i arrived at the Golden Nugget Atlantic City. Usualy when staying aty casino's in Atlantic city they have that old smoke smell that get's in your throat and chokes you. Not this one this hotel was fresh and very clean. Its not on the boardwalk its on the resort side so it was very quite outside and inside. This casino was not over crowded. The staff at the bars, resturants and the hotel staff were very friendly. This hotel has four hot tubs, a lap pool and a pool for lounging, With very nice seating and cabana's. If you are looking for a nice Casino in Atlantic city The Golden nugget would be one of the best choices. The rates are really good during weekday travel we paid $69 on a thursday night.

Room Tip: Standard one king bed is a good choice for couples
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel has a check in system unfair to be polite about it. The staff on the whole was fairly good, mostly helpfull. The general appearance inside the hallways and rooms, leaves much to be desired. The hallways always looked like they needed a cleaning, daily vacuming needed badly. Doors to the rooms had chips and scrapes making it appear to be worn and neglected.Rooms not clean enough, I had to call housekeeping to dust my phone ,disgusting. Bed lights :2flying saucer types ,where the worst I have ever seen in a hotel room. I couldn't get or see the phone without. Contorting myself under the lights; totally dis functional. No free wifi, terrible tv system, movies priced outrageously, gym charge for workout ,nickel dime u to death. The most obvious fault ,which probably is intentional , is their terrible signage ,directional, no signs in elevator ,next to floor buttons,for pool fl., spa gym,. And when u do get the floor ,nothing showing the way outside the elevator doors. Pathetic

Stayed July 2014

Been to Golden Nugget? Share your experiences!