“No reason not to return!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Nugget

You added Golden Nugget to your Saves list
Golden Nugget
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Huron & Brigantine Blvd, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (Formerly Trump Marina Hotel and Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
MIDWEEK PACKAGE FOR TWO
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Surf City, New Jersey
“No reason not to return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed at Golden Nugget over the winter for a little get away and it was great. Beautiful room and a nice dinner at the Chart House. So when we decided to stay over after the Blake Shelton beach concert we decided to stay again. The room was just as nice but there was lot's of noise from the hall way. Seemed like everytime we fell asleep somebody woke us. That problem can be cured by asking to be father away from the elevator. At midnight we asked for a blanket for our youngest. After about an hour we just went to bed. She had fallen asleep. The worse part was dinner at Michael Patrick's Brasserie. Horrible! Long wait for our food and the food was not very good when we got it. Won't return there. Seperate review. Just to end on a positive not. After a long day on the beach it was beautiful to go for a swim in the pool and relax in the hot tub!!! Still love the Nugget just learned some lessons. No reason not to return!

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The hotel as a whole is really nice actually, good view, clean room, good food choices for the breakfast.. and a lot more to offer...

But the thin walls is the worst ever...

We´ve spent 2 nights here last winter and OMG i´m glad i dont have kids with me or else they will hear the rollercoaster trip of the couple on the other side of the room.

Because of the thin walls we weren´t able to sleep in our room. Tried to call security and complain and they somehow very fast in delivering our message to the other side of the room.

But then again it doesn´t help at all. after a few minutes and they´re back again into whatever they´re doing.

i dont blame them at all of course maybe its their honeymoon or whatsoever i dont care but the thing is the walls are too thin..

Anyway, next time i´ll visit in atlantic. I´ll definitely not going to stay here again.

Room Tip: well dont have a tip besides if your in atlantic city for shopping then dont stay here because its f...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I don't normally write reviews or letters of discontent to businesses about my dissatisfaction with their performance but this absolutely warrants one. We booked out family's annual boat trip to the hotel. I've been attending the same boat trip now, nearly every year since I turned 21, 8 years ago. My wife and I reserved 3 rooms for ourselves and our friends as well as had 13+ boats accompany us on the docks... not to mention the countless rooms their friends and family reserved. We stayed this past weekend from 11-13 July.

We attempted to check-in right at 4pm as the reservations and website told us we could but was told "your rooms are not ready yet." Frustrated, we came back 30 minutes later to hear the same thing. By 5:30 I was pretty upset with not having a room and I went back to check the status, again to be told, it "wasn't ready yet." Frustrated with not having a room to get changed for dinner I asked for food vouchers as compensation since not having a room to change and get ready, was cutting into our dinner time. The desk clerk spoke to the supervisor only to come back and tell us "4pm check-in is not a guaranteed and we can't offer any vouchers."

The bell desk would not take our groups' 10 bags because we had a cooler with soda in it. He adamantly opposed receiving our bags for nearly 15 minutes until we pleaded with him that we would not wait for our late room and carry a cooler around the hotel and dock area until it was ready.

To wait until our already late room was ready, we decided to visit the pool on the 6th floor. Upon getting there we were told that we could not have backpacks or purses with us. As a patron for over 7 years I knew this was incorrect and much to the dismay of the desk clerk by the pool who was rude and angry, we asked to speak to yet another supervisor. The supervisor confirmed my suspicion that I was correct, we could have our backpacks with all our valuables in it.

When we finally got to our room we found the room to not be fully cleaned, finding straws and miscellaneous items. When we all finally met up for dinner in one of the 3 rooms we were in, we noted that the room across the hall was extremely loud. About 45 minutes later we received a knock on the door by a man I assumed was hotel services with someone who did not identify themselves but said "don't worry about who I am, you need to listen to him now." They argued with us for about 15 minutes on room noise and how we were to "be quite and this was our first and final warning." In all my time in a hotel/casino I have never been talked to so rudely and belligerently after trying to plead our case that it was the room across the hall that was being loud and obnoxious. Approximately 30 minutes later those two returned to evict the room across the hall as they were the original culprits. We were not addressed nor apologized to for their rude interaction with us.

There was only one person checking people out of their rooms Sunday morning which took nearly 45 minutes for a simple procedure for myself and the 3 groups ahead of me. Not to mention, GN hotel rates were the most expensive in the area that weekend by at least $200.

It's really a shame how poorly the hotel accommodated us this weekend. I highly doubt, unless we have some kind of retribution or refunding, that we'll ever visit again for our annual boat trip. We'll probably stay somewhere close by and shuttle/taxi to our friends and family on the docks. I feel like this weekend was just an exacerbation of the steady decline of the trump marina, now golden nugget and the greater Atlantic City area. Not to mention, myself, my wife, and 3 of our friends are military.

Room Tip: Don't choose any rooms here.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I wish I could even fully comment on the room/accommodations here at this hotel, but I am still waiting to check in at 5 pm on a Sunday night. Even though check in is at 4 pm. At 4:45, after going back to the front desk to inquire about the status if the room, I was rudely asked by the attendant that how did I expect them to turn over 700 rooms so fast. Never mind the fact that hotel fully charged our credit card for the room when we made the reservation. So I have paid for a room that I am not in and treated completely unprofessionally by the staff. All this when we are in town for the Tour de Shore ride for fallen law enforcement officers. Thanks Golden Nugget. NEVER coming back. EVER.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

After researching several casinos in AC I took my girlfriend here for a spa get away on her birthday. She had stayed here when it was the old Trump Marina and was blown away at every turn by the job the new owners have done transforming every aspect of the casino. The views from every angle were fantastic. Every service person we encountered was friendly and helpful and the accommodations were just as nice as described and pictured and the spa was better than I had imagined. Will definitely visit again and already have friends planning trips here after seeing our pictures.

• Stayed July 2014
Rockaway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stay at the casinos on the beach side most of the time. We enjoy going to the Golden Nugget just to get away from all the craziness. The rooms are nice and clean with great views. I have read some of the other reviews about the lay out of the bathroom being wrong and people doing all kinds of stuff at the pool. Really... yes the pool gets busy and yes it is sometimes the younger crowd but I never seen people "all over each other" as one person put it. The pool area should have more seating that you don't have to pay for. We already pay enough.The casino is small and I like that.They have some of the better slot machines.And the Chart House is our favorite place to eat. We have never had a bad time or anyone be rude ,always a great stay..And lets face it, people who say everything cost.OH COURSE it does.Nothing is free!.

Room Tip: higher rooms have the best views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed here for a few days and I fell in love with this place. It is not at all a trashy hotel. It was clean and up to date. I really enjoyed all the bars and restaurants in this hotel. I also loved that this wasn't as close to the strip ( seemed a bit better and safer). Will definitely come here again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Nugget? Share your experiences!