My wife and I just returned from a two night (Tuesday-Thursday) stay at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City to celebrate my birthday. We last stayed here about a decade ago when it was the Trump Marina and got a great rate to stay in a bay view room in the Golden Tower.
We usually do not go to Atlantic City, but the hotel has had great reviews and was much cheaper then spending even one night in NYC, so we gave it a try.
We were given a bay view room on the 26th. floor. The room was in great condition, totally remodeled from the Trump Marina days, with a king bed, sofa, modern bathroom and updated furnishings. The room was very clean and in excellent shape, with a very comfortable bed and a feel of luxury. The only thing that remains from the Trump days is the thin walls and the door to the adjacent room, so we were glad that we brought ear plugs! Even the normal speaking voice can be heard "loud and clear" from the adjacent room. If they offer "non-adjacent" rooms, ask for one!
I was disappointed that the Chart House was closed for both nights due to a big group staying at the hotel, but we had two great dinners at the Knife and Fork and Dock's Oyster House. We did eat lunch at Michael Patrick's which was very good. We went in to the Chart House to take a look. It is a beautiful place with a great view of the marina and the hotels that string the boardwalk. We hopefully will dine there during our next visit.
We had drinks at the Rush Lounge which had an excellent live band playing the blues on Wednesday night, and went up to sit by the H2O Lounge, which was closed at night but still had the fire pits on.
The casino seemed busy and the staff were very helpful during our stay. An added feature was free self-parking, which made it easy to come and go as we pleased for dinner.
The Golden Nugget is a beautiful property that is well-maintained. Landry's has invested about $150 million in it and it shows. We stayed at the Revel that last time we were in Atlantic City, and I found the Golden Nugget to be more "friendlier" and "lively", although the rooms at Revel are still more impressive.
If you are looking for a quick get-away, I recommend the Golden Nugget. It is a beautiful property that offers some competitive rates year-round. We were very impressed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Nugget Atlantic City, winner of the AAA Four Diamond award, is a premier resort destination located on the Frank S. Farley Marina and offers guests 727 beautifully remodeled rooms and suites. The entire property has just completed a $150 million renovation, taking on a fresh, modern look to include a high-energy casino featuring the most popular slot and video poker machines, table games, and poker room; nightly entertainment, new bars and lounges, stylish retail offerings, as well as Landry’s signature world-class restaurants such as Chart House and Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse; a luxury spa and salon; and H20 poolside lounge. New owners, Landry’s,Inc, have introduced first-class accommodations, exquisite dining options and fun-filled entertainment venues unlike anything else available in Atlantic City. The Golden Nugget has already established strong brand recognitionworldwide with locations in both Las Vegas and Laughlin, NV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Golden Nugget reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Nugget Hotel Atlantic City
- Trump Marina Hotel
- Atlantic City Trump Marina
- Trump Marina Casino Atlantic City