“I found Gold!! at The Golden Nugget!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Nugget

You added Golden Nugget to your Saves list
Golden Nugget
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Huron & Brigantine Blvd, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (Formerly Trump Marina Hotel and Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
MIDWEEK PACKAGE FOR TWO
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I found Gold!! at The Golden Nugget!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Golden Nugget hotel and Casino is definitly a gold mine, several people may not want to stay because it is not on the strip, however when you walk into your room you will forget about being on the strip. The room was sexy, clean and spacious, with a great view of the Marina. Next time I go to Atlantic CIty, I will stay again or I may try Revel. Parking is only 5 dollars and you get to use the reciept to park at other Casinos if you want to go closer to the Boardwalk. The service attendants were nice and very helpful, and the room service food was affordable and extremly delicious. I stuffed myself until I could not eat any longer.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the Marina it is so peaceful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I always stay at this hotel. Love the marina!! Nice decor and fantastic view. Large, clean rooms. The bed is soft and comfortable. Lots of nice restaurants and plenty of entertainment. The entire hotel was completely renovated and it shows! Highly recommend!

The only thing I do not like is that you must pay $12.95 for wi-fi or go to the 4th floor business center where it's offered free.

Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was looking at staying at the Borgata but the prices were a little steep for my pockets. I would rather have that extra money to start my fortune at the Blackjack tables. I ended up saving about $200, staying at the Golden Nugget and the rooms were very, very nice. I have stayed at the Borgata before and I would say these rooms (Basic Room) were just as nice and the The Nugget is across the street from the Borgata.

The casino area is not as big or as hopping as The Borgata but it is only a hop and a skip away. The staff was nice and the room was clean. The setbacks were the Buffet and the nightlife. My advice would be; if you want to be in the Glam, Lights and Hype all day, stay at The Borgata. If you want to take it easy and take in the Glam, Lights and Hype when you want it, stay at The Nugget. Enjoy your weekend and I hope you WIN BIG; I KNOW I DID.

Havertown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed one night, Saturday, May 11, 2013. Our room was located at the end of the hall on the 19th floor. The room was very nicely decorated and spacious. We had a king sized bed, and the room was nicely appointed with desk, couch, flat screen tv, coffee maker, refrigerator. The room and bathroom were beautiful, spacious and immaculate. The bed was very comfortable. There only seemed to be a few elevators running and we rode an elevator down with guests from a higher floor that stated they had to wait what seemed like 20 minutes for an elevator to come to their floor. Parking was $5 regardless if you were an overnight guest or not. We enjoyed our meal at the Chart House Restaurant, and also enjoyed the band, Don't Call Me Francis that performed at the Live Bar.

Room Tip: Rooms near end of hall may be quieter.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Overall the hotel staff is ok. Now that we have a "host" it's more tolerable to stay there. The property is over all is like small in scale compared to other properties in ac. I. E, small rooms, tiny bars an lounges and small casino. The suites are nicer in the spa tower but you always have to butter someones palm to get one.
The best part about this place is that every restaurant is Amazing:-) especially VIC and ANTHONY'S steakhouse. To die for.

• Stayed May 2013
miami, fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

we always stay at the Golden Nugget when we go to Vegas, so i thought it would be a safe & dependable choice in Atlantic City. the room was beautiful, and we had a nice view from the 16th floor, but the walls are so thin i could hear every word the neighbors (and their TV) said. the bathroom was tiny.

we stayed here for two nights and Friday was a total snore. the casino was empty. the guests reminded me of my grandpa's tribal casino tour group crew. the buffet was bland, overpriced, and stopped refilling well before closing time. i actually wondered if we had made a mistake in coming to Atlantic City.

we spent Saturday strolling the Boardwalk and then i realized that AC is a blast, it's just the Golden Nugget that is so underwhelming. it's removed from the main strip, so you can't really visit anything else without driving/taking a cab. when we came back Saturday night we found a much livelier scene. the floors were fuller, the crowd a little younger and more boisterous, one excellent table dancer (the other two looked like they might bore themselves to sleep), and a pretty great live band.

i would return to AC, but i personally would not stay at the Golden Nugget again. i would, however, definitely recommend it to my grandpa and his friends.

Beltsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've stayed here before, but they were in the middle of the rebranding/remodeling. We got in a little after noon on a weekday and we were able to get a room right away. Front desk was attentive, friendly, and quick. We got a 16th floor room w/a view of the marina/pool area and a nice view at night of the Boardwalk hotels. The room was fresh, clean, and nicely finished. There was some noise (talking, TV) the second night from neighbors, but it wasn't bad enough to keep us awake.

We ate a couple of times on the property. We at at Michael Patrick's which we were loathe to do because last time the service was incredibly slow and the food not so good, but this time no complaints. We went at lunch time but were quite pleased to find they serve breakfast all day (sometimes a girl just wants a pancake). We also ate in the buffet for dinner one day. It's a very small buffet with some hits and misses, but I would go again. The price was right, the atmosphere nice, and I enjoyed my meal. I also like the fact that there are some "quick eats" type places there now, too. We grabbed coffee/pastries/sandwiches at Bean & Bread and gelato at The Chocolate Box (yum). Perfect for those times you don't fell like doing a sit down meal.

Casino was medium-size but we were ALWAYS there. There were lots of newer games (Michael Jackson) as well as some old favorites (Mr. Cashman). I know some people have mentioned that the smoke travels through the sections, but we didn't have that problem. Also drink service was on point.

I would definitely stay again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I suggest a high floor - the view was great To cut down on neighbor noise see if you can get a room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Golden Nugget? Share your experiences!