This is a newly refurbished property, with updated rooms, public areas, spa, etc.
You don't have to leave the property - it's self-contained, if that's what you like.
Checked us in a 11 AM (BIG pro!).
We lucked into "spa week" services and received full services at a big discount with no shortcuts or skimping.
Slots were generous - my friend won $200+ in one turn, and I $55+.
Lots of restaurant options and price points.
The room, though supposed to be non-smoking, had clearly been heavily smoked in. There were no "no smoking" signs in/near the room. But, with an 11 AM early check-in, I had no intention of complaining.
The room was humid, and the HVAC did not help.
This was a girls' getaway, and the bathroom door is a sliding glass affair and did not completely seal. Not as private as I'd like.
This room had an adjoining door, and at 1 AM, we could hear our neighbors' conversation - every word. Don't know if it's just general soundproofing or the adjoining door.
In all, I had a LOT of fun, would return, and would stay at this property again. One does not come to AC to spend a lot of time in the room. But, if this wants to be a 5-star property, some improvement is needed.
Borgata is very light in color; GN is very dark, especially the casino. It's like day and night.
GN casino is smaller, but still has a good selection of slots. Borgata has more entertainment on a regular basis - it would have been nice to catch a comedy show.
Borgata spa is bigger, serves more people, so feels less personal. GN spa is smaller and feels more personally attentive,and we were encouraged to linger, use the facilities (whirlpool, sauna, and steamroom). GN spa's bathroom/showers seemed more regularly checked/cleaned. The services seemed comparable, but I would choose GN over Borgata's Toccare Spa.
Restaurants seemed similar. Both have shops, but can't say more than that.
Guest rooms at the Borgata (specifically The Water Club) are much larger than GN. GN was cleaner (much less overlooked debris on the floor) and offered a minifridge without the perils of a minibar.
Bathrooms at the Water Club way more spacious than GN, so seem way more luxurious. Both are updated, with marble and fancy shower heads. GN's are typical hotel sized bathrooms, so seem small in comparison.
Borgata has an indoor pool; GN has an outdoor heated pool. I really missed the indoor pool.
I would stay at either again. Both are hotel/casino resorts, but have rather different feels. GN has a friendlier feel, whereas the Borgata has a larger, more impersonal feel. If you win big, who cares?! You'll have fun at either!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Nugget Atlantic City, winner of the AAA Four Diamond award, is a premier resort destination located on the Frank S. Farley Marina and offers guests 727 beautifully remodeled rooms and suites. The entire property has just completed a $150 million renovation, taking on a fresh, modern look to include a high-energy casino featuring the most popular slot and video poker machines, table games, and poker room; nightly entertainment, new bars and lounges, stylish retail offerings, as well as Landry’s signature world-class restaurants such as Chart House and Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse; a luxury spa and salon; and H20 poolside lounge. New owners, Landry’s,Inc, have introduced first-class accommodations, exquisite dining options and fun-filled entertainment venues unlike anything else available in Atlantic City. The Golden Nugget has already established strong brand recognitionworldwide with locations in both Las Vegas and Laughlin, NV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Golden Nugget reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Nugget Hotel Atlantic City
- Trump Marina Hotel
- Atlantic City Trump Marina
- Trump Marina Casino Atlantic City