“Great hotel in Atlantic City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Nugget

You added Golden Nugget to your Saves list
Golden Nugget
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Huron & Brigantine Blvd, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (Formerly Trump Marina Hotel and Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
MIDWEEK PACKAGE FOR TWO
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Concord, New Hampshire
“Great hotel in Atlantic City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I visited with my friends the Golden Nugget and had a fantastic weekend ! The hotel is recently renovated and the room are nicely done. They are particularly spacious rooms and very clean. I believe this is among the best hotels in Atlantic City and I will stay here again next time I visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Buffet was excellent. Staff friendly, courteous and accommodating. Would like to try other restaurants the next time. Will definitely go back. Would also like to go back in the summer to enjoy outdoor bar and pool. The only thing I could say is that I would like to see better quarter and half dollar machines

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlantic City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

It was nice hotel with perfect facilities
The upgrade our room because our room was not ready
I definitely try again for stay at this hotel
the breakfast was good (not excellent)
just we need a check in fast !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Union Dale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I know they underwent big remodeling, it is worth the past agrevation!
Very clean, modern, nice rooms. Great view, comfy roomy room.
Would come here again!!!
The staff is friendly, the food is good, the poker room is very nice updated and roomy. No Smoke smell anywhere!!!
Quiet during our stay but should grow as word gets out!

• Stayed April 2012
Wakefield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I traveled with a girlfriend on a spur of the moment trip to A.C. I usually research hotels on Trip Advisor, but we decided to book this hotel too quickly to allow investigation. We thought they had said the hotel was on the boardwalk, but in retrospect, the agent must have said it was on the bay. We had a water view overlooking the marina. Not an ocean view, but still quite nice. We took a taxi to the boardwalk in the evening and the round-trip cost was about $26.00. The taxi was well worth the lower price of the Golden Nugget as compared to the boardwalk hotels.

Not knowing what to expect at all, we were pleasantly surprised at the decor at the Golden Nugget. We were told they had just finished a major remodeling job, and the results were spectacular. We loved the lighting, the glass ceiling decorations and the overall atmosphere. Our beds were extremely comfortable, and our room was spotless. We loved the huge sinkbowl that sat upon the counter, and the quirky shower, but I read another review later by a woman with kids who had difficulty bathing them. This is not generally a family hotel; I don't think most casino hotels are, and I think the average couples and business travelers will have no issue with the hinged shower door.

The one issue is that the walls were so thin that we could hear our neighbors, even though they were speaking quietly and not being rambunctious in any way. The next morning, I heard the neighbor's cell phone go off and it was on vibrate. That was a bit unusual. No problem with the staff, and we appreciated the extra security folks who checked room keys before people entered the elevator. The breakfast buffet is overall average, but the fresh made-to-order omelets were yummy. Just be forewarned about the thin walls, as I don't believe any amount of remodeling can cover up that issue.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Montclair, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Nice hotel stayed for the weekend for my husband birthday. Nice room very modern, but felt claustrophobic in the room very small. Nice tv but limited cable channels. I booked a smoking room because my husband do smoke, but there were no vents to circulate the smoke. Very thin walls can hear next door fairly well. Restaurant were awesome, but the casino were very bored. We did go to the Borgata Sat night and there was excitement in the casino and plenty of bars to choose from.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is newly renovated and quite nice. We enjoyed every interaction with the staff.

The room we had had two queen beds. Extremely comfortable beds. Sound on tv was a bit quirky when adjusting volume. Not that big a deal.

Outlets a bit sparse for a newly renovated hotel.

Casino was weakest any casino I've ever experienced in Vegas or AC. It's surprisingly small. Only two small stakes blackjack tables. I'm a $15 minimum guy. Dealers had no personality. I've never experienced a succession of robot dealers like a did here. Terrible.

Biggest annoyance. I've experienced ever increasing minimum bets as it gets later. That's normal. However every other casino "grandfathers" earlier arrivals by letting them play the lower stakes as long as they play continuously. Not here. I was required to play the higher minimums as they changed twice over two hours. Weak casino makes this place a loser for me.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Golden Nugget? Share your experiences!