“A nice night away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Nugget

Save Saved
You added Golden Nugget to your Saves list
Golden Nugget
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Huron & Brigantine Blvd, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (Formerly Trump Marina Hotel and Casino)   |
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Atlantic City
“A nice night away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I appreciate the courteous staff and affordable rates. We were a little bummed about the lack of night life, but we made do a took a cab to a local club. The rooms were very nice, although the shower takes some getting used to. Overall, it was nice evening...even won some money too! I would go back.

Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Union, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I am in Atlantic City pretty regularly for both work (conventions and conferences) and pleasure.
I have to say, the "face-lift" the golden nugget is going through is a vast improvement over the tired look and feel of the old Marina Resort. The staff was very accomadating. Whether it was front desk, house keeping, or bars and restaurants, everyone was pleasant. The food & beverage/catering department couldn't do enough for us and every answer was "no problem"...My suite, in the new remodled section of the 9th floor was extraordinary. i will definetly be back on future AC trips

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Golden Nugget in Atlantic City has done an exceptional job since taking it over from Trump Marina.
A few points worth noting are the following:
#1-The entire hotel has undergone an impressive renovation from casino floor to hotel rooms.
There is a good choice of restaurants to cater to your taste and mood. From Vic and Anthonys (which is more formal) to Michael Patricks (which is more like a 24 hour diner).
Free parking is another added bonus.
#2-The workers, employees and casino dealers are professional and courteous. There are a few names in particular that stand out in this area (Chris Merlino casino host, Rick, Joe, Jeff and Mideo are craps dealers all of whom work the late afternoon to early evening shift. They have made me and my friends feel very comfortable and welcome. They make it a point to remember your name and give you a warm hello every time they see you.
However, there is one exception Barry, the pit boss who works the late evening to early morning shift his personality or shall I say lack thereof certainly leaves something to be desired)
#3-They understand what customer service is and I feel there's a real hands on approach as far as management goes.
#4-Every month there's a mailer with a steady flow of match play coupons, show tickets and other offers (stuff i actually use)
In conclusion I feel this is a very well run casino in not only my opinion but in my friend's opinion as well.
That's why we keep going back

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just a quick overnight stay to gamble but enjoyed every minute. Will come back. Unfortunately did not have an indoor pool which I did look forward to. Very good selection of restaurants and the casino was just the right size.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had a great time at the Golden Nugget, Atlantic City, New Jersey.
The table games are lots of fun. But my favorite is all the bells & whistles on the penny slots.
They make alot of noise & help you to stay awake after a few drinks. The staff was very nice
& made me feel like I was at home. The rooms were very clean & the view from my room was
sensational. The restuarants were terrific as well. The Golden Nugget has it all.
FUN, FOOD, FUN !!!!!!
A good time was had by all.
I will be back soon. Thanks for the hospitality!!
Lisa P

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Got an email offer from the GN. Stayed on a Friday night. Check in was easy. Room was "nicely" remodeled but didn't like the strange "bowl" shaped vanity. Yes my room door lock was "hard to use too. Seems worn. Had to put card in/out/in/out. Casino nice for a slot player. Lots of old "friendly: machines and also new ones. Ate dinner and breakfast at the Michale Patrick restaurant. Gerald was our waiter for dinner. Very pleasant and charming guy. Made our dinner a real occasion even though we only ordered modestly. On a budget so didn't try the higher price restaurants but they looked good. Didn't get the $20.00 food credit with the room package until I checked out. Too late to use. (Front desk seemed unaware how to get this. Finally discovered you needed to download a coupon from the promotion kiosk after you sign up for a player card.) Overall-nice casino/hotel. Probably will return there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed 2 nights last week. This was our first at the Golden Nugget. Our room was on the 26th floor and we had views of the Brigantine inlet. The room was very clean, very quiet and the view was very beautiful. We had a dinner at the noodle restaurant-Lillies. The pad thai was served without the chopped peanuts that really MAKE the dish. I couldn't find the waitress to ask about it. My husband was enjoying his dinner, so I decided to eat mine even though I was dissappointed. Finally the manager came around to all of the tables asking how our food was and I commented on the omission on my dish. No apology. When the waitress came around, I asked her about the missing item and she said that she forgot to put the peanuts on. She didn't even appologize. It was OK but not really pad thai. We asked for hot tea with our meal and were shocked and ticked off to find, when the bill arrived, that they charge $6 for tea. I told the waitress to knock off the $6 tea because they screwed up on the pad thai. She agreed but again ,no appology. Really? The front desk gave us wrong info about earning points to get a scratch off for prizes but the member card area gave us a scratch off anyway as well as two free buffet passes. We appreciated that generosity and enjoyed Friday's seafood buffet.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor for a great view.