“First time stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Nugget

Save Saved
You added Golden Nugget to your Saves list
Golden Nugget
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Huron & Brigantine Blvd, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (Formerly Trump Marina Hotel and Casino)   |
Ranked #3 of 60 hotels in Atlantic City
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“First time stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just a quick overnight stay to gamble but enjoyed every minute. Will come back. Unfortunately did not have an indoor pool which I did look forward to. Very good selection of restaurants and the casino was just the right size.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

904 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had a great time at the Golden Nugget, Atlantic City, New Jersey.
The table games are lots of fun. But my favorite is all the bells & whistles on the penny slots.
They make alot of noise & help you to stay awake after a few drinks. The staff was very nice
& made me feel like I was at home. The rooms were very clean & the view from my room was
sensational. The restuarants were terrific as well. The Golden Nugget has it all.
FUN, FOOD, FUN !!!!!!
A good time was had by all.
I will be back soon. Thanks for the hospitality!!
Lisa P

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Got an email offer from the GN. Stayed on a Friday night. Check in was easy. Room was "nicely" remodeled but didn't like the strange "bowl" shaped vanity. Yes my room door lock was "hard to use too. Seems worn. Had to put card in/out/in/out. Casino nice for a slot player. Lots of old "friendly: machines and also new ones. Ate dinner and breakfast at the Michale Patrick restaurant. Gerald was our waiter for dinner. Very pleasant and charming guy. Made our dinner a real occasion even though we only ordered modestly. On a budget so didn't try the higher price restaurants but they looked good. Didn't get the $20.00 food credit with the room package until I checked out. Too late to use. (Front desk seemed unaware how to get this. Finally discovered you needed to download a coupon from the promotion kiosk after you sign up for a player card.) Overall-nice casino/hotel. Probably will return there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed 2 nights last week. This was our first at the Golden Nugget. Our room was on the 26th floor and we had views of the Brigantine inlet. The room was very clean, very quiet and the view was very beautiful. We had a dinner at the noodle restaurant-Lillies. The pad thai was served without the chopped peanuts that really MAKE the dish. I couldn't find the waitress to ask about it. My husband was enjoying his dinner, so I decided to eat mine even though I was dissappointed. Finally the manager came around to all of the tables asking how our food was and I commented on the omission on my dish. No apology. When the waitress came around, I asked her about the missing item and she said that she forgot to put the peanuts on. She didn't even appologize. It was OK but not really pad thai. We asked for hot tea with our meal and were shocked and ticked off to find, when the bill arrived, that they charge $6 for tea. I told the waitress to knock off the $6 tea because they screwed up on the pad thai. She agreed but again ,no appology. Really? The front desk gave us wrong info about earning points to get a scratch off for prizes but the member card area gave us a scratch off anyway as well as two free buffet passes. We appreciated that generosity and enjoyed Friday's seafood buffet.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor for a great view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Perkasie, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our poker league held a tournament in the Poker Room. I was very impressed with everything associated with your casino .The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a First Class experience from check in to check out. I will be sure to spread the word Thanks

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Media, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Last weekend, my wife and I visited the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City. We had a suite that had a breathtaking view of Atlantic City and the bay & ocean. The check in staff was very helpful. Amenities were excellent! Our day on Saturday included a facial for my wife and a massage for me. What a way to get rid of the stress of the week! We also made use of the hot tub, sauna, and work out facility. What a relaxing day.

Saturday night, we ate at the Chart House. What an awesome meal and service!!! The fried asparagus was to die for! My wife really enjoyed some shopping after dinner while I relaxed with some gambling.

The overall weekend far exceeded our expectations and I look forward to visiting again!

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite on the 9th floor. Two bedrooms (king in one and two doubles in the other). Ea...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Cape May Court House New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My first experience at the Golden Nugget AC was for a business meeting, after business was finished myself and a few friends decided to take a look around, needless to say we where very impressed . Since then I have returned many times for the entertainment and the slot machines in the casino and finally decided to stay at the hotel. I was extremely pleased from start to finish, the room and hotel is exceptionally clean and comfortable, the staff is very friendly, the food in the restaurants is exceptional which keeps me coming back for more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Golden Nugget? Share your experiences!