“We struck Gold!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Nugget

You added Golden Nugget to your Saves list
Golden Nugget
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Huron & Brigantine Blvd, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (Formerly Trump Marina Hotel and Casino)   |
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“We struck Gold!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel has greatly exceeded my expectations. In the summer time the prices can run really high, as do all the hotels in Atlantic city during the biggest traffic season. I think its biggest flaw is the fact that it can be priced very high, but is not on the boardwalk. I believe that they need to lower their prices during the week in the summer to make up for the payment of the taxi's and or shuttle cost.

I stayed here before the renovations and after, and both were great for what my friends and I were looking for and for what my boyfriend and I were looking for. I think that they need to get some good acts in their club, in order to draw a bigger crowd there. On their opening night it cost over 500.00 to stay there that night, that price is absolutely insane. I believe that they are trying very hard to be a 5 star hotel, and they are getting there but are nowhere close yet. I plan to go back here frequently, but hope their prices get better in the future.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less younger kids on the floors (teenagers, and families)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

It's one thing to stay in a nice hotel with exquisite accomodations, excellent food, and a friendly staff...but what the Golden Nugget offers is something that is truely unmatched and hard to describe.
I stayed at this hotel with 52 others from the deep south during storm restoration in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. We now say that the Golden Nugget showed us true "Southern New Jersey Hospitality". Not only were the accomodations and facility immaculate, but the level of service and care given to us and our crazy travel arrangements is something you just don't see working storm restoration. The Golden Nugget opened their arms and treated us like family. We have zero complaints and are forever thankful for everything the Golden Nugget and every level of their staff and management gave us. I could not recommend a single hotel in the state of New Jersey more!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the place. I stayed in two different rooms, one a double an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here on weekday nights as a result of the storms and the rooms far exceeded my expectations! The room was extremely clean, very modern and updated, quiet and cozy. Showers had fantastic water pressure and an endless supply of hot water. The staff was always helpful and friendly! I highly recommend this hotel, which is kid friendly as well.

• Stayed November 2012
South Amboy, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The renovations are complete and the results are great. The service is good and the restaurants are also good. It is nice to have the marina right at your door. Keep a look out for special events.
They could use some updated slots in the high roller section, but the main floor is all new?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had to stay here for hurricane relief efforts with work. Although AC was closed down during the hurricane sandy aftermath, the Golden Nugget opened their doors to first responders when everyone else inland was all booked up. So kudos to them for that. This place is newly renovated and is much nicer than when it was the Trump Marina. My bed was comfy and I was impressed w/ the bathroom. Cons: they skipped out on the sound proofing. I could here my neighbors through the wall clear as day. My air conditioning didn't work at all and to make it cool off in my room I had to turn on the unit's fan on high. But the room service would turn it off when they cleaned the room. Plus my fridge didn't cool at all even though I could here it kick on. The room does not come w/ a microwave and if you call down to the front desk they don't have any to provide for you. The casino floor is nice but small. The noodle bar is a nice place to eat but pricey. The staff were very friendly. I wouldn't recommend staying here if you can help it. Again I commend them for opening their doors to us during a time of need. And maybe my misfortune was a one time occurrence but that is all I have to write about.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Went to the Golden Nugget and reserved their Junior Suite. The room was new renovated - the room was very nice. It is a nice upgrade from a regular hotel room. My husband and I went to just get away and relax for one night. We would definitely go back. The room was very nice, the front desk, valet parking, doorman- they were all kind and proffessional.

The Junior Suite gives you an extra seating area with a couch for you to sit and relax on and that is what we really needed!!! It really worked for us - just wish it had a little seperation with a wall or curtain or something - that would be my only suggestion.

We needed a little TLC after working through the hurricane - it was nice to feel welcomed and everyone was so kind - it was what we really needed.

We don't mind not being on the Boardwalk - we had a room over looking the marina it was perfect. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite was worth the extra money over a regular room if you are going to spend time in you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Trenton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Allot of our weekends finds us in AC. Many weeks are on the AC coast. And a few overnighters, we enjoy AC. Our first choice in hotel choices is the wonderful Golden Nugget.
Wonderful rooms-good buffet and excellent restaurants. A great hide away is WiFi and Wine-find it and relax. ENJOY!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite-2 of our 3rd last visits were in a gorgeous suite. Sadly, we got stuff in the hotel...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Nugget? Share your experiences!