“Misleading” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Nugget

Save Saved
You added Golden Nugget to your Saves list
Golden Nugget
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Huron & Brigantine Blvd, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (Formerly Trump Marina Hotel and Casino)   |
Ranked #3 of 60 hotels in Atlantic City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Misleading”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at the golden nugget the weekend of my 30th Birthday my original plans were cancelled so it was a last minute trip.I called in to reserve a room the night before we left and receive and expensive but cheaper then the other hotel room rates.When booking the room I clearly asked the agent about deposit process he stated that he was deducting $93 on my credit card at the time of booking then they will collect the remaining at the time of check out the total for the room was $363 so I was expecting to pay around $270 I work in the travel industry so I wanted to be clear as to what I will will need to have once I checked in beings tho it was my 30th Birthday I needed to know what I will have to spend while I'm there. After checking in I noticed that they took an additional $363 on top of the $93 I was really upset and went to the front desk to get an explanation I was mocked by one of the front desk agent he could care less about my concerns eventually I spoke to the front desk manager who offered me a $25 food voucher only to be used in the hotel which would get me no where beings tho the buffet started off $26 a head and I have a family of 4.I eventually received another food credit totaling $50.The problem wasn't really the extra deposit just being mislead had I known about it I would have my trip a little different.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

904 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Berlin , NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here for our anniversary. We stayed here when it was the Trump Marina and had suites before. We stayed in the Marina suite and were told by reservations that it had a whirlpool tub. When we got there, no whirlpool tub. So my husband called the front desk and the clerk seemed confused as to why we didn't have a whirlpool tub. She called the manager and the manager then informed us that all the whirlpool tubs were removed and only the one and two bedroom suites had the jacuzzi tubs but that we could upgrade for an additional 359.00. The bathroom was very small. The only saving grace to the trip was that the views were
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Absolutely stunning. The casino is beautiful and I have always liked the dealers and staff. In the end we were ok with it but I wish reservations would have told us or at the very least they should update there system.

Medford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at Golden Nugget AC. We were so impressed with the accomodations, service, and overall quality of our stay. We usually go to the Borgata but did not want to spend our anniversary with a bunch of bachlorette parties & 21st Bday. We heard about the rennovations at Golden Nugget and we are so glad we stayed! Donna Ward arranged our stay at in the H20 suite. The room walked directly out to the pool, hot tub & fire pit. we were swimming and enjoying a late night hot tub in mid October! We had dinner at the Chart House which had incrediable views, outstanding food, and fantasic service. We also had services at the new H20 spa. We were so impressed with the facility and the friendly service which was a constant during our stay. Looking forward to our next visit.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

nice hotel and casino with dark colors and low lighting everywhere. buffet was average not great but not bad. some of the food looked like it came frozen and was microwaved. lily's the asian restaurant was good. the chairman's club was good. our hotel room had great views of the water. back of the casino needs more ventilation, smelled like an ashtray there. poker room had 2 tables going. table games looked the same as other casinos.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Room we stayed in was as described; however no soap or shampoo in room. When requested it took the staff almost thirty minutes to bring it up. There response was that there was a shift change sorry for the inconvenience. In addition we stayed on a Saturday night and the front desk told us the buffet opens at 11:30 we got down to the buffet at 11:20 to beat the traffic at opening and uncovered it opened at 9:00. I know the Golden Nugget is new, staff is new, but this was my first time also. I don't think we will come back. Too many other properties in Atlantic city fighting hard for us to spend money with them.

• Stayed October 2012
oakdale ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

this is a review on the premises in general I did not stay there but I spent a few hours there eating, playing shopping, and just exploring the casino, I was staying at Harrah's for a few days and got a bit curious about about the Nugget since I could see it out of my window, everything that I saw was very nice , place was clean, shops and bars were clean and accommodating,, the only negative was the buffet, after eating at the Harrah's waterfront buffet which was absolutely stellar and the price was pretty steep, around $30, the buffet at Golden nugget was more like a hospital cafeteria and was in no way on par with Harrah's but it was around $10 cheaper and the quality difference was evident

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We went to atlantic city for the weekend and Golden nugget exceeded all of my expectations. The hotel is very grand and beautiful, we had a room with a view of the marina, not a problem at all with changing from a King to a Double bed room. the room's walls are thin, but we didn't have any problem getting to sleep, especially after a day of sight seeing. The front desk helped answer all of our questions and everyone was nice and accomadating with a smile. The transporpation located right outside takes you around Atlantic city for 2.25 one way making it easy to get around 24hours a day to the boardwalk area and back. We had a great time and a good meal at the 24hr cafe, pricey but expected at a casino hotel. We even found a way to get round trip to New york from Trump plaza with the hotels help.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the marina. We were on the 17 Floor