“Lovely and updated hotel, walls were thin though” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Nugget

You added Golden Nugget to your Saves list
Golden Nugget
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Huron & Brigantine Blvd, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (Formerly Trump Marina Hotel and Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% OFF MIDWEEK PACKAGE
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Arlington, VA
“Lovely and updated hotel, walls were thin though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed there over the weekend. Lobby and public areas were typical for casinos - loud and busy. The rooms were lovely though. All updated furnishings, carpet and bedding. The bathroom was also very updated with vessel sink, double shower head (very good water pressure), frosted glass pocket door. Wish there was more place to hang towels though.

The pool area was the absolute best. Heated main pool, lots of recliners, cabanas and day beds available for rent, four jacuzzi tubs, attentive wait service in pool area, etc.

The only complaint was the extremely thin walls between rooms. Our next door neighbor appears to be having a party. We can hear EVERYTHING! It didn't settle down until they went out to party elsewhere. This was at least 30 mins after we called the front desk to complain.

I'm not sure if I'll stay here again. All the really good things about this hotel was negated by that one bad experience. Even if this was the best hotel ever, it's not good if I can't get a decent night's sleep. They need to beef up their soundproofing between rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Greenport, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed here for a conference. We did not have much time or inclination to gamble so I could not comment on the casino. But everything about the hotel was great. The room was very comfortable. The bed is new and great. The sofa was L-shaped with an ottoman to put you feet up after a long day. There were plugs in all the lamps so it was easy to charge any electronic devices and there was a clock with an iPod-iPhone dock. Beautiful bathroom. We were there for three days and the entire staff was more than pleasant. The entire place was clean, the food was good, there was a great band in the bar, and we just had a pleasant, enjoyable stay. We thought the rate was very very reasonable for the quality of this hotel. We will surely return.

Room Tip: We had a room with a view of the marina and bay. Lovely to wake up to. when making the reservation...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

It is bad when you arrive and check in is screwed up. After handing over all 4 id's for our rooms the clerk and her manager just disappeared behind a door - FOR 15 MINS!! When she finally came out I asked what was wrong and was informed they were fully booked - so what we had reservations??? "I wanted to get you all together like you requested" I was told - so we were on floor 10,16, 23, and 25 - huh?? She had no idea when the fitness center opened or its cost - she guessed. Getting into the elevators - as they unloaded mostly employees - we're standing there with our luggage and the dopes couldn't even hold the elevators for us - so much for "the suits" having class. The next night I called for a wake up call and for an hour after my phone rang once every 15 mins. When I was transferred to the front desk I was asked "so what do you want me to do about it?"

We were there for a conference and most of our group had issues - the front desk is just clueless when it comes to service.

Restaurants were good but the Grotto was great food and customer service was through the roof!

Fix the customer service or no one will come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I just got back from a 2 night stay at this hotel and had a wonderful time. I received a email offer from the hotel and felt it was a good deal so my husband and I went The renovations are nice. My favorite was the pool. I went to the pool at about 4:00 and was able to get a chair. I guess most people were done with the pool by that time. The DJ at the pool was good . The Casino isn't too big like other hotels but I personally like it that way. All in all it was a wonderful getaway.

Pennsauken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Well My husband and I spent Friday night and Saurday night at the hotel.. We have stayed at this hotel 2 or 3 times before but that was when it was Trump Marina. Our room was ready early, That is always nice. The weather was rainy but we still wanted to see the new updated pool area. It is very nice. A large pool that goes from about 3 feet to almost 5 feet was nice and warm. There are mutliple hot tubs. And there is a 5 inch pool with lounge chairs. Lots of chaise lounges everywhere. A grill with short order food is there. The second day the rain stopped. We were at the pool for a while. Then the DJ started. It was very intense club music VERY loud. We left. The hotel is very small. You are never far from your room. The casino is nice and I can see where things were updated. More bars, sitting areas. Music. Food. The staff is extremely attentive and polite.
The only negative thing, and this could be a biggy for some peolple. On Sunday, while packing, A roach ran up the wall right in front of me. I was fast enough to get a photo of the bugger and showed the front desk. They stated they would immediately have the room fumagated which is all I asked for. They insisted on deducting one of our charges which was for lunch at the pool. You know, I spent the day at home washing everything and spraying our luggage. In this day of bed bugs and roaches, it really was disconcerting. But, in reality, bugs can happen anywhere and especially at the shore.
Very thin walls. Can here peolpe talking snoring in next room.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I usually stay on the Boardwalk, but since we went down for a friend's birthday, we stayed where they were, and wanted to be close to the Borgata (which was very expensive in comparison to the Nugget). The stay was surprisingly very pleasant, after having read some of the other reviews posted on this site. It was clean, remodeled and very lovely. The H2O lounge was awesome - they had fire pits at night where you could sit and sip cocktails. The casino smelled a little like smoke, but that's to be expected in a casino. The room was comfortable, spotless and roomy. We stayed on the 27th floor, which had very tall ceilings. Our friends stayed on the 18th floor and commented how their ceiling wasn't nearly as high. We loved everything about the Golden Nugget, and highly recommend this hotel. We will definitely go back in the near future.

Room Tip: Rule of thumb when staying at any hotel - ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

The hotel is completely and beautifully remodeled. The food at the charter house restaurant was supurb. We had room service for breakfast which was prompt, cooked perfectly as ordered and the presentation was gormet.

Room Tip: Request a room/suite overlooking the marina.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Nugget? Share your experiences!