“Not for adults or gambler, Frat House!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Nugget

You added Golden Nugget to your Saves list
Golden Nugget
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Huron & Brigantine Blvd, Atlantic City, NJ 08401 (Formerly Trump Marina Hotel and Casino)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% OFF MIDWEEK PACKAGE
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York
“Not for adults or gambler, Frat House!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Came in to see what the renovation was like and you put all the lipstick you want on a pig.... but it's still a pig.

Jersey Shore on steroids.. Loud drunk kids and rail bandits.

If they don't change the people they are comping rooms to, the place will get a bad rep and no serious players will come in.

Sitting at a BJ table is like being in aFrat house with 500 drunk kids. Kid running in the hallways. 10 to a room.

Best to stick to the name casinos, they are safer and offer a better weekend experience for the gambler and those who want to have a good time with human beings.

Room Tip: Get a new room if you can. Watch the 12th floor as there is no security. The doors are always open
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights to attend a dance competition held at the Sheraton. We stayed at the Sheraton the past 2 years, but the Golden Nugget blows the Sheraton away. The nightly rate was half what the Sheraton charges, and the pool area is so relaxing. We had lunch at the pool and enjoyed it. We ate breakfast at the Brassiere one morning, the food was delicious, and again half of the cost of our breakfast at the Sheraton. The room had a beautiful view of the pool area, and it was so pretty lit up at night. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Danielle W, Front Office Manager at Golden Nugget, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time at the Golden Nugget, the pool area is absolutely one of my favorite places on property too! We look forward to seeing you again!
Lake Grove, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Absolutely terrible front desk employees and management... Unhelpful and rude. Room rates constantly change and they won't provide lowest rate available. At check in, it took over 2hours to have our bags brought up...we had to go find them in their storage area...at check out, we were told 40 minutes for a bellman to get our bags-it was almost 3 hours

Room Tip: Skip the golden nugget and go elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
We sincerely apologize for the delayed baggage delivery during your stay. As I am sure you are aware the Starbound Dance Competition was held here during your stay and our entire Hotel team did step in to assist with delivery. Most of the deliveries where in excess of 20+ pieces per room and needed multiple trips to accommodate the guests. If you would like to further discuss rate availability please contact me directly at dwixler@gnacm.com.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed here at the tail end of a week at the NJ shore and it was fine. This was my second time at the golden nugget actually- the first time, I went to my room after check in, and walked into a room that was already taken by other people. I was a little freaked out, and luckily they weren't there! I got upgraded to a better room, but still a pretty creepy experience, especially as a single (female) traveler. It was during the upgrades, so I would like to think they can blame it on that. I stayed once again the first week of July because I got a good rate and was meeting some friends at the borgata. Hotel staff was friendly, and allowed early check-in, but I stayed away from the pool because there was some sort of teen dance competition going on and kids were running around everywhere. The room was nice, but, as other reviewers mentioned, the walls are PAPER THIN. I could hear everything. I went to bed at midnight, and was awaken at 3 am by people in the hall, who were not overly disruptive, just (drunk) chatting in the hallway on the way back to their rooms. Then at 4, and then again at 5. This is to be expected in AC, so you would think they'd spend a little money on soundproofing the rooms! So, nice hotel, cheap weekday rates, nice pool area, but I wouldn't go unless you don't mind swarms of kids, and you are a heavy sleeper! Also, the last guest's used bar of soap was left in my shower- ewww!

Room Tip: Bring earplugs if you want to sleep
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for giving the visiting the Golden Nugget and coming back to see the completed transformation! We truly do want the best experience for every guest, and take any noise complaint very seriously. Please do not hesitate to contact the front desk or security directly if the situation should happen again. If you should need any assistance in the future please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at dwixler@gnacm.com.
parkertown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

excellent room, excellent customer service and great resturants

Room Tip: all rooms have great views
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We usually stay at Harrahs and, although we have always had a pleasant experience there, we decided to try to new Nugget last week. What a mistake! The rooms have NO acoustics and as has been said on this forum, you hear any and all noises from the bathrooms. There was a problem with our first room (the drapes and rod fell down are were removed but not replaced by anything so there was constant light shining into the room). We switched rooms and things were fine until we discovered there was no cold water in the bathroom sink. The first thing we were told was that we must have turned the cold water off under the sink (this was certainly not the case). Upon further investigation, the hotel plumber discover that the valves were not operating properly and had to be changed. Clearly Trump got revenge on the buyers of this hotel.
This was all bad enough, but then there was a storm and a blackout which left the toilet bowl unusable--we had to go down to the casino to use the facilities. We understand that these things happen, but the attitude of the casino host and the front desk was not very helpful.
Customer service should be paramount in this economy and it was not so at the Nugget. We will never go back there- not only because of the room problems but because of their seeming lack of concern for their customers. BTW- the tables was good to us so this is not sour grapes!

Room Tip: Only consider the spa wing if you still want to go after reading this and other reviews
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I were booked for our anniversary in a Courbet suite. when we arrived there was no Ac , the pool was closed due to glass and no hot water . They could not tell us if it would be up and running during our 4 day visit. They told us there would be know discounts and the rooms are as is.They were rude and unconcerned so my husband asked for a refund which they stated would take a couple of days to return into our account. The storm was not there fault but the way they treated the customers was not right.We had to look all over for a hotel and found one for that night.Revel was able to accommodate us for the next 3 nights. Other people have posted about there treatment and believe me it is true. I don't understand because I have stayed there plenty of times even during there renovation but I guess I am not a high roller so my business is not important.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Nugget? Share your experiences!