“Nice Hotel - A Short Stroll to the Boardwalk” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #12 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
New Haven, Connecticut
“Nice Hotel - A Short Stroll to the Boardwalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed together with a small dog at the Sheraton from August 8, 2013 to August 11, 2013. The room was standard, no fridge was included, but our view was overlooking Atlantic City. the bathroom was basic, I felt it could have been a little larger and the television was average. I did not utilize the fitness center or pool, but both looked nice. If you desire a hotel on the boardwalk, this hotel is not it. The Hotel is approximately a 10-15 minute walk to the boardwalk and the beach but the property is conveniently located steps from the Tanger Outlets. With regards to having a dog in the room, I was a bit concerned because I had heard stories about cleaning staff entering rooms finding a dog and removing the dog. Also, when I was reserving the room, the reservations staff indicated that guests could not leave their dog alone in the room and they were not allowed in any of the other rooms in the hotel - gym, pool, etc. However, just keep the Do Not Disturb sign on the door handle and all should be fine. There is also the Tun Tavern right next door to this Sheraton which provides room service and is open until 2AM, however, beware of the ATM in the Tun Tavern (inside near the bar) as customers have lost money due to a machine malfunction. I used the ATM twice in the Sheraton and it dispensed funds accurately. The Harlem Globetrotters were in town and it appeared they were guests of the hotel - when I spotted a few of the basketball players in the hotel lobby, I hope they appreciated me whistling the old tune "Sweet Georgia Brown." I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request overlooking Atlantic City and towards the ocean.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for recommending us. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and was able to bring your dog along too. We love our furry guests as much as we love our human guests. We hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to AC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Sheraton Atlantic City was an excellent place to stay. It wasn't right near all the casinos so it was quiet but close enough to enjoy everything. We stayed on the Club floor and loved it. Continental Breakfast in the morning, completely quiet at night. I called ahead to make sure there was no Down in the room due to an allergy and they made sure it was all set when I arrived. Valet for the car was easy and was such a quick pick up. Was a great place to stay, will definitely stay there again when we head back to AC.

Room Tip: Stay on the Club floor it's very relaxing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the Sheraton Atlantic City and all we have to offer. We look forward to having you back for another "Excellent " stay on your next trip to AC.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton Atlantic City 8/5-8/9/2013. We had a wonderful experience. The staff was so friendly and helpful - wonderful recommendations for beaches to go to and restaurants to eat at. In particular Diane at the front desk was a real treasure. Our bellman Marc was helpful on more than one occasion and Blanca on the Club Level could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Thank you to everyone at the Sheraton for such a wonderful time. The only thing they couldn't improve was our weather. We'll be back.

Room Tip: We had an ocean view - very nice!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel, so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We will be sure to share your kind comments with our team members, especially Diane, Marc and Blanca. We look forward to welcoming you back for another "Wonderful" stay.
Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I got what seemed to be a good price for 3 1/2 star hotel through hotwire and I don't make a big income but I wanted my family to experience a good quality hotel for the first time. Boy was I disappointed! The room fell way short of earning 3 stars. Old beds, torn wall paper, stained carpet, and they didn't even offer a refrigerator in a standard room. Yes, the people were friendly but the room was average and they charge for things cheap motels give for free like bottled water, local calls, and WiFi. The bottle of water they deceivingly advertise with a "Thirsty?" sign and in tiny print at the bottom the price 3.00 appears lol..I'm not making this up! Moreover, Local calls will cost you, even toll free numbers will cost you..I advise you to just unplug the phone (especially if you have kids). WiFi is available in the comfort of your room for about 10 dollars a day.. And just when you thought you checked out and received the final amount of your bill, guess what? Another 2.00 charge for what? I have no idea!! Maybe because I used a towel and didn't see the price (joking) I don't know yet but I'm gonna find out. Oh and the boardwalk is 4 of the longest blocks ever if you're walking.. Your children will be tired by the time they set foot on the boardwalk so prepare for complaining! You'll do a lot better staying closer to the boardwalk for less and getting those valued amenities for free. By the way they're 100 percent smoke free which really sucks. So many people smoke or bring a person that smokes along for the trip and that person has to continuously go to the front with tons of other smokers. Yet they allow dogs that poop and urinate everywhere, go figure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are so sorry to hear that your recent stay was "Not what you expected". We would like to discuss you stay with you. Please contact our Executive Office to share more.
Monsey, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed here with my wife for two nights. Got the coupon from the HotelCouponGuide @ $99 per night! Right when we arrived we recieved exceptional service from all of the staff starting with the doorman all the way to having our luggage dropped in our room. Nice room, very comfortable bed. Good fitness center and pool. Great location for shopping (my wife loved it!). The only reason I didn't rate this hotel excellent is because the room looks a bit aged and could maybe use a facelift.
P.S. Minyan at Rodef Shalom on Atlantic Ave. is a five to ten minute drive. If you want there is another minyan in Margate City at the Young Israel on Ventnor Ave (I think 8401 is the addres) they appreciate visitors and the Mincha Maariv works out better since they daven Mincha right before shkia and Maariv thereafter, where as at Rodef Shalom there is an issue of Tarteh D'sosrah. Enjoy Atlantic City Responsibly!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will stay with us again soon on your next trip to AC for another "Relaxing Getaway"
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The location was great with easy access to the boardwalk. However, I had a terrible walk of shame on the way to my room. The hallway was full of dirty linens as well as trashbags full of garbage. I had never seen anything like this in a hotel let alone at a reputable location like a sheraton. The room itself was OK (nothing special), but I was really put off by the huge mess in the hallway.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay. We truly apologize to hear that you had to experience a mess in the Hallway on the way to your room. We have shared your comments with our team and are working hard to make sure our future guests do not have the same experience. Again we are so very sorry that your stay with us was not as comfortable as we would have expected. We hope you will try and stay with us again, this time please feel free to contact our Executive Office so we can make sure your return visit is as comfortable as possible.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very nice staff, public areas well maintained. Room was clean; bed very comfortable. Bathroom could use updating, but okay. Close to outlet shopping. Four blocks to beach, but be advised that it takes about 15 minutes to walk there. Still, not bad compared to other hotels. Boulevards Cafe serves a nice buffet breakfast. Shoe Bar was a relaxing place to stop for a drink. The older gentleman who was bartending couldn't have been nicer. Tun Tavern was okay. Did enjoy the seasonal microbrew; would definitely recommend giving it a try.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank your for sharing your kind comments with us. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel and all that we have to offer. We will be sure to share your comments with our team members, especially our Shoe Bar bar tender. We look forward to welcoming you back for another "Comfortable" stay.

Been to Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center? Share your experiences!