“Average business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Tecumseh, Michigan
“Average business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I took a couple trains from PHL to Atlantic City. The hotel is directly across the street from the train station. There appeared to be a covered walkway on the second floor going across the road, but it was much easier to just walk across the street than to find how to get up there. I arrived about 5 hours late for my reservation due to a weather/flight delay and was expecting to have an issue with check in/room availability. This was not the case though. The desk clerk was VERY fast and efficient. My key had already been printed and I was on my way to my room, almost without break pace! I was very impressed.

It was a a Saturday night and the lobby was packed and loud. From the other guests, I inferred that there was a teenage girl gymnastic competition going on at the convention center. Oh well. The room I was given was at the very end of the hallway and, even though I could occasionally hear the girls running around in the halls, it was not loud enough to affect my sleep.

The in room internet is expensive ($12.99/day I think) but the connection speed is fast. It is good enough to Skype with without too many hiccups.

The beds are the standard Sheraton sleep sweetly configuration. Extremely comfortable!

The casinos and Atlantic City boardwalk are within walking distance and, as several reviewers have mentioned, public transportation is abundant. With the train station right across the street, getting a cab or a bus is absolutely no problem.

All in all, this hotel is very good.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the halls are best for a quiet night.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing you comments of your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you had a good experience from the moment you walked in our door. We strive to make all our guests feel welcome here. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to AC for another "very good stay!'

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you need to be in close proximity to the Convention Center, this is the only hotel connected to it. Other hotels and casinos are within walking distance and there is an inexpensive transportation option called the Jitney that circles around the town.

The hotel is okay. Nothing special. Staff are not helpful, so don't expect them to be. The bathroom was an issue in our room (tub did not drain, no ventilation, mold in the shower). Temperature control in the room was not consistent (two options: very hot or very cold).

There is one restaurant in the hotel. Tuns Tavern. Access to the hotel from the restaurant is by one elevator that requires a room key to operate. It was extremely cold and snowing the nights we were there and this elevator was not working. The only option was to walk outside and all the way around the hotel building to the lobby entrance. Some of our group did not have coats because we had gotten to the restaurant via the elevator and we had yound children. I called the front desk and explained the problem, asking if someone could come down the stairwell and open the door so we could take the stairs up. (The doors could only be opened from the hotel side). I was told no. They would contact engineering to fix the elevator. When we left the hotel 2 days later, the elevator was still not working.

DO NOT valet your car. If you do, be prepared to wait up to an hour to get it from valet. It is a short walk across the street from the hotel lobby to the convention center where the self park garage is located.

DO NOT order room service. It took 5 calls for our room service order to make it to our room. When the order was placed (desserts only), we were told 15 minutes. Over an hour later we had our order. On the 3 call to inquire where our order was, we were told it was delivered. It may have been but not to us.

We had to switch rooms at one point during our stay. We moved from a two double bed room with a refrigerator and microwave to one with out, but were charged the same. No explanation why when we asked.

Go elsewhere for breakfast. The buffet serves the typical scrambled eggs from powder, limp bacon, breakfast potatoes, etc. The service is TERRIBLE - slow, unfriendly.

Lots of other hotel options in A.C. that are less expensive, better service and still convenient to the Convention Center. The Sheraton is WAY OVERPRICED.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was not what you expected. We would like the oppurtunity to discuss your stay with you and try to make a mends. Please contact our Executive Office to share your experience.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We only spent one night here when in town for a boxing match, but taking the train from Philly was very convenient. The hotel is literally a 1-minute walk from the station. We were checked in quickly and were upgraded to a suite thanks to our Platinum status. It was an oddly-configured room - at the very end of the hallway -- started with a dining room, then a bathroom off of a hallway area, then the bedroom tucked around the side. The TV was at a very strange angle so you pretty much had to be laying on your side to watch. The bathroom was pretty small, but clean. We didn't spend much time at the hotel, but overall, it was perfect for our needs. It's also very close to the outlets (walking distance). We took cabs to the casinos, but that may have been because it was cold when we were there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to AC. We are glad to see as one of our platinum SPG members we were able recogonize your VIP status and upgrdae you at arrival. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us on your next trip to AC.
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The good: So convenient to the Convention Center. Never need to walk outside just walk through a glass connection bridge. Great parking rates if you park yourself. Beds super comfortable. Rooms a really nice size. Lobby stunning with beautiful displays of Miss America memorabilia. Tun Restaurant good food right on the premises.

The bad: Poor check in. I arrived earlier than check in time so I waited, and waited and waited, Finally at 3:30 they room still was not ready, after a little raised voice the maid arrived to "work" on the room. So imagine my surprise when I opened the door after 4 to almost be knocked down with the overwhelming smell of cigar smoke! I called they would send an ionizer to the room, but I had to leave for another hour or two. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 6:00 to be allowed in my room.
More than 5 hours sitting there with no comp towards food or anything? Bathroom old & outdated and my view was nothing but roof top. Wall paper was peeling as well.
Overall I would stay there again only for the convience of having almost private access to the convention center and parking as we needed to be there more than once a day for a competition. It was a real saving both financially and time wise. There is NO gambling but a cab was $8.00 and they have a jitney bus as well.

Room Tip: 10th floor very quite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share these comments about your stay. We use the comments to help improve for our future guests. We will share your experience with our team and work to make improvements in the areas that you have described. We hope to see you back for another visit with us soon, to see all our positive changes.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night on business. The location is perfect if you are attending an event at the convention center. The gym and the indoor pool are fantastic. The room was neat and clean. A nice hotel if you are staying in Atlantic City purely for business.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Sheraton Atlantifc City with us. It is so nice to hear that your business trip was a success and we were able to make you feel at home here. We are pleased to see you had a chance to experience our new fitness center and newly renovated pool area. We hope to see you back soon when your travels bring you back to Atlantic City, whether it is for business or pleasure.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was at the Sheraton for a large scale conference weekend. My room was on the 14th floor, which provided a wonderful view of Atlantic City shopping and casinos - all the lights! My room was very clean, well stocked with bottled water, coffee maker (didn't work), and of course all the goodies in the bathroom, which was beautiful. The closet was spacious, the linens and pillows and comforter were beautiful as well. But, the disappointment was with the bed. It was FIRM! I can't get a good night sleep on a extra firm bed. But, it was only one night - we had a ball - the food at our conference was very good and the Starbucks coffee flowed freely and I enjoyed it very much. I believe one should be able to select the firmness of a bed.

Room Tip: Check out with the desk, maybe they do offer firmness of beds, I didn't inquire.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and all that we have offer. We are happy to see that our staff was able to accomodate you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us on your next trip to Atlantic City for another " Very Nice" stay.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

checked into the room to find a huge whole in the sheets. took a picture with my iphone and went to the front desk, mgr called housekeeping immediately but it took 2 more calls b4 sheets were changed. Why would someone even put holey sheets on the bed? room was big enough and close to shopping. Cheerleading competition during our stay, loud guests work me up at 1:39 am and I couldn't get back to sleep. Sheraton put a hold on my credit card for $541.28 for one night, I totally don't understand that; the room was only $88, what could I possibly do to the room in one night that they would place a hold for that much? Plus the room had peeling wall paper between night stand and king size bed.

Room Tip: choose a room with no holes in the sheets and peeling wallpaper.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share these comments with us. We have shared your comments with our team and we are working to make improvements in these areas. We would like the oppurtunity to discuss your stay in detail, please feel free to contact our Executive Office to share more.

Been to Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center? Share your experiences!