“A Great Value and Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #10 of 60 hotels in Atlantic City
NY
“A Great Value and Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed 1 night the day after Thanksgiving. It was our first time at this hotel. Honestly from the moment we walked in were happy. The reception area is beautiful. The reception check in was fast and friendly. The room was very clean and comfy. Bathroom was spotless. The area was great because we walked to and from the outlets. We were near nice restaurants. We will definite stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Atlantic City and all we have to offer. Our team works hard to make our guest experience memorable.We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Atlantic City for another "Great Stay!"

820 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Galena, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel had nice accommodations. Rooms were clean and furniture was nice. A bit overpriced for a weekend in January, but it was for a conference so I think they jacked up the prices. They had a decent workout facility. Stayed there mostly for convenience to the convention center.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel during your conference. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will choose us again the next time you are in AC.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Our family stayed at the Sheraton because it is attached to the AC Convention Center, where we attended an event. We upgraded to the Club Level, which was very disappointing for the extra price we paid. The continental breakfast in the club lounge was not appealing to us. The bagels were sub par and the breakfast area was messy and not well stocked.The basics were offered but left us wanting more. We've stayed in other hotels where the club lounges offered round-the-clock cookies, coffee and other beverages. Our room was nice but the walls seem to be paper thin- we heard noises from every direction at night! No one slept well until our second night when we were all so tired, we fell fast asleep. The hotel is in a wonderful location. Wonderful outlet shopping right across the street from the hotel. Many restaurant choices, all in walking distance. Being attached to the AC Convention Center was very convenient as it was the reason we chose the Sheraton for our event. The hotel should consider putting in a Starbucks or the like. The availability of coffee from the gift shop was not appealing. The hotel lobby was a nice place to relax and they gym and pool were also very nice. The hotel employees were all very nice and professional. We would consider staying at this hotel again if we were to attend another event at the Convention Center.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevators!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We agree we are in a great location attached to the convention center and steps away from outlet shopping and the excitement of the Casinos. Your comments on the areas we could improve on have been shared with our team and we are working to improve these items. We hope you will visit us again the next time your travels bring you back to Atlantic City.
Pacific Palisades, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed here 12/27/12 using starwood points and used extra points to get a room on the club level since breakfast and afternoon hor dourves were included. The hor dourves were disappointing, only fried chicken strips and onion rings. I was expecting cheese and crackers, melons, grapes, wine etc.... Breakfast was not served on the club level, but instead, at the restaurant. Typical buffet, nothing special. The room was nice and the bed very comfortable. We had a choice of free wi-fi or to receive and extra 5,000 pts. We chose the points. If you like to shop, the location is great. The outlets are right down the street. Walking to the casino is possible if your in good shape, otherwise, you'll need to drive. The staff was excellent at returning my coach bag that I left behind in the dresser drawer. I called front desk frantic when I realized I didn't have my purse. They fed-exed it to my home since I was heading to the airport. It arrived with all the contents. Overall, pleasant stay, nice staff, would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and our location close to the excitement of the Outlet shops. We have shared your comments on how to improve our club lounge for our guests. We appreciate these comments and hope you will stay with us again soon to see our improvements.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The hotel is getting a little dated, the rugs are dirty, but that is not the main thing.The food is going downhill but the prices still go up. The person that brought the food was great
The food on the other hand coffee bagel and juice for three 50 bucks, was terribe the bagels were soggy and smelled stale,and the orange juice was warm. The delivery man got us new bagels but they were just as bad. Our friends ordered pancakes and they were also just as bad .We were at a dance convention and talked to a lot of patrons who thought the food from the Sheraton was poor. With all these same opinions, why does the management think people wont notice this. It's a shame great location should treat you better. We had several teenagers who had to order out because the Sheraton food was terrible.

Room Tip: just make food good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We have shared your comments on the areas we can improve and our team is working to make the improvements for our future guests. We would like to see you back as our guest the next time your travels bring you to AC.
Sterling, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed on New Year's Day and we had a wonderful time. The hotel is clean, the workers are friendly and helpful, and the location is far enough away from the craziness of the Boardwalk area. There is public transportation (shuttle) across the driveway and it is only $2.25 each way to various points on the Boardwalk. The shuttle (Jitney) comes every 15 minutes. Taxis are also there and cost about $10 to the Boardwalk. Outlet stores are also across the street and a block further is a Caesars Casino and other places of interest. We had 2 dogs and they were both welcome. The pool area reminds me of ones on a cruise ship. Very clean and warm water! The only constructive criticism I have is the $14 parking fee and there is no complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for various discounts like AAA, senior, military/govt, etc...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the excitment of Atlantic City. We look forward to welcoming you back again for another "Wonderful" stay.
East Brunswick, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever been to!!! Our reservations were messed up ( I asked for a King and they gave me a Queen), they charged me $900.00 for 2 nights which was insane and on top of things with their mess up, they forced us to stay in that room. There was a barking dog in the next room that would not shut up and of course that was the owner's right to keep the dog in the room. They charged us 24.00 for valet parking when meanwhile they never even moved our truck and we were only there for an hour (supposedly we were supposed to have a discounted rate on valet when I made the reservation- which of course they lied about when we got there). The room was dirty and smelled terrible- like a motel room, disgusting. Streaks and fingerprints on the windows- they weren't cleaned in awhile. Carpets were stained- extremely dirty. I actually took pictures and a video of the room, thats how grossed out I was.

I was so upset with the manager because he wouldn't do anything to help. We ended up leaving, and staying at the Golden Nugget and I spent 700.00 there for a better hotel, cleaner environment and friendlier staff. Can you believe Sheraton wouldn't even refund me my money??? Then the next day I saw that they charged me for 50.00 on my credit card for no reason. We never used the room and I paid the valet with cash. I left messages with the accounting dept. and they wouldn't even return my call. So now I have to dispute all these charges through my bank and close my credit card. This hotel has nothing to offer. It's away from everything and doesn't have local access to any casinos. I was fooled by it's 4.5 stars. I highly doubt that's true.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of our hotel – it is invaluable to us as we strive to improve. We are very distressed to read that we did not meet your expectations, especially with regard to the disruption of your evening by the barking dog on your floor.
If you have a few more minutes, we would really appreciate any further information that you can give me about your stay. Would you be able to call our Executive Office to discuss furtheer.
Please accept our apologies for a less than perfect stay. We look forward to learning more from you and hope to have an opportunity to make amends.

Been to Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center? Share your experiences!