“WOULD NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL - DO NOT RECOMMEND” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #10 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“WOULD NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL - DO NOT RECOMMEND”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever been to!!! Our reservations were messed up ( I asked for a King and they gave me a Queen), they charged me $900.00 for 2 nights which was insane and on top of things with their mess up, they forced us to stay in that room. There was a barking dog in the next room that would not shut up and of course that was the owner's right to keep the dog in the room. They charged us 24.00 for valet parking when meanwhile they never even moved our truck and we were only there for an hour (supposedly we were supposed to have a discounted rate on valet when I made the reservation- which of course they lied about when we got there). The room was dirty and smelled terrible- like a motel room, disgusting. Streaks and fingerprints on the windows- they weren't cleaned in awhile. Carpets were stained- extremely dirty. I actually took pictures and a video of the room, thats how grossed out I was.

I was so upset with the manager because he wouldn't do anything to help. We ended up leaving, and staying at the Golden Nugget and I spent 700.00 there for a better hotel, cleaner environment and friendlier staff. Can you believe Sheraton wouldn't even refund me my money??? Then the next day I saw that they charged me for 50.00 on my credit card for no reason. We never used the room and I paid the valet with cash. I left messages with the accounting dept. and they wouldn't even return my call. So now I have to dispute all these charges through my bank and close my credit card. This hotel has nothing to offer. It's away from everything and doesn't have local access to any casinos. I was fooled by it's 4.5 stars. I highly doubt that's true.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of our hotel – it is invaluable to us as we strive to improve. We are very distressed to read that we did not meet your expectations, especially with regard to the disruption of your evening by the barking dog on your floor.
If you have a few more minutes, we would really appreciate any further information that you can give me about your stay. Would you be able to call our Executive Office to discuss furtheer.
Please accept our apologies for a less than perfect stay. We look forward to learning more from you and hope to have an opportunity to make amends.

790 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My first impression was of the lobby which was beautifully appointed. Even though I live locally to this hotel, I was unaware of all the Miss America memorabilia which is attractively displayed encased in glass--even the shoes! The entire hotel is contemporary and spotless. Our room had a king-sized bed, WiFi, large desk and big bathroom. It was nice being under that thick comforter while lying against those cozy pillows. Why stay at the casinos when you can stay in this beautiful hotel only a few blocks away from Caesar's and steps from the trainstation? I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west toward the shoreline and skyline of casinos.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We were so pleased to hear that you were "Pleasantly Suprised" during your stay with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We take pride in making all our guests feel welcome here. We hope you will choose us again the next time your traveling to AC.
Colchester, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel is nicely located. The room we had was fine and clean and the shower was just fine. The soaps and shampoo were excellent and the towels were clean, as were the sheets.

Since the Sheraton is one of the two pet-friendly hotels in AC, we had little choice. No problem with the dog, no problem with the check-in, no problem with the room.

The baggage carts were only accessible with a bellman attached. They've gotta make a buck, but I resented not having the option of managing my own baggage without multiple trips up and down.

For WiFi, we could pay $9.95. Nope.

And breakfast was rally expensive. $9.50 oatmeal? Nope.

A small fire in the wee hours sent us down the stairs, and then the smoke from that fire set off another alarm soon after. We were told that the inconvenience would take the parking fee off our bill. I didn't check it on the way out the door, but it stayed on the bill.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We will look into what you were promised and make sure we make good on your promise. We hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to AC.
New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel's street address is very unclear, our gps (using updated google maps, btw) didn't direct us correctly, and we turned to the Expressway twice, paying tolls both times to return. The main entrance of the hotel is literally hidden, we had to guess which way should we walk from the parking lot. Parking for 15 dollars per night is unacceptable. It should have been stated on the website at the time of the order. The room is very simple, like in a cheap motel. Generally, the hotel is overpriced considering its additional fees for parking and the internet. The personnel were nice and helpful, though, and we had a great look from the window in our room. Also, I hated this "Miss America" Museum in the hall. I felt like being in a women apparel store every time when I was passing to the elevator.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your comments. We are working to make improvements in these areas and welcome you to contact our Executive Office to discuss your stay in further detail.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Sheraton, unlike other Atlantic City (AC) hotels, does not have a casino. So it needs to offer more to be attractive to its prospective customers. For one, it does have a nice indoor pool. The temperature is a reasonable 84 degrees but I strongly recommend that they raise it to 85 or 86 degrees so that the water temperature is comparable with the few other AC hotels with indoor pools such as the Trump Taj, Borgata, Resorts, and Revel. Second, it has a decent location - right next door to the train station, convention center and Tanger factory outlets. Third, their reception and other staff are professionals. Fourth, it is a well maintained and clean property. Firth, it is less than 3 minutes walking distance to Applebee's, which serves excellent food.

The few extras not even available at the Revel and Trump Taj hotels are the daily newspaper (in the newspaper rack on the corridor of each floor,) and in-room Starbucks coffee.

Areas that they need improvement on:

a) For a business class hotel, wi-fi should be free throughout the hotel. (Instead it is free only on the first 2 floors.)

b) The water temperature of the indoor swimming pool should be maintained at least 85 degrees.

c) At some point in time, rooms will have to be refurbished (for instance the cabinets in the room are flimsy) to compete with the casino-hotels.

d) It would be great to have a Starbucks store within the hotel just like Tropicana, Showboat and Trump Taj.

e) While the breakfast room service is expensive, nothing aggravates a customer more when one is also accessed nickel and dime charges such as the frivolous $3 "delivery charge" and the pricey "service charges" (and this does not include gratuity!). Unless the hotel desists from charging all these extras, a customer is more likely to simply walk over to the very good Cavo Cafe in the Tanger Outlets which is less than 5 minutes walking distance from the Sheraton hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City hotel. We are so glad to here that you enjoyed your experience and our team was able to make you feel comfortable. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our updated pool area and our new fitness center. We hope to see you back soon for another stay in AC.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I just stayed at this hotel after not having stayed here in a few years. And I am very pleased to say that the quality of this place hasn't gone down over the years. It's a Starwood preferred Guest Properties so you will expect a level of service that is on par with the rest of the chain. The rooms are very nice and the beds are super comfortable. I recently stayed at another hotel that was on the strip and stated one of their supposedly renovated rooms and the quality at the Sheraton was much better. The rates during the weekend are lower than some of the other casino hotels, and I think you get a better deal since the rooms are better over here. Also it's great that it's right next to the outlet mall so it's easy to just walk to all the shopping.

During the daytime it is safe to walk to the boardwalk which is probably a 2 to 5 minute walk at most. Or you could take the jitney which runs around Atlantic City 24 hours a day and the price is only $2.25. This mode of transportation is also very safe. And one of the main jitney stops is right across the street at the convention center.

A real advantage of this place would be if you stayed on one of the club floors. On the club floors you have snacks in the evening time at the club lounge as well as free breakfast in the morning if you get a good deal on a club floor I would highly recommend staying in a club floor.

Bottom line is I think you get a good deal at this hotel and especially during the weekend when the prices at the other casino hotels are exorbitant for low-quality rooms. This place is a real winner. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We agree we feel that we are "Better than most hotels in Atlantic City!. We look foward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Atlantic City.
Parsippany, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had a room on the Club Level which is the 15th and 16th floor for three nights. For the price we paid, our room was very disappointing. I expected a refridgerator in the room, but there wasn't one. We did have free wi-fi, which you would think would be available in ALL the rooms. The free breakfast and hor dourves were on the 16th floor. Oatmeal/bagels/cereal in the morning. Our room on the 15th floor was right under the room where they served the food. We woke up early to the loud sound of chairs scraping on the floor. The beds were full size, at best, but the bedding was comfy. One of our party got stuck in the elevator and had to phone for help. The front desk staff wasn't the friendliest. The women in the breakfast area at in the morning, though, was extremely friendly and helpful.
Just not the experience I expected to get for the money in a hotel of this caliber.

Room Tip: If you DO choose a Club Room, ask for the 16th floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We have shared your comments about your stay and are working hard to make improvements in the areas you have mentioned. Please feel free to contact our Executive office to share more.

Been to Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center? Share your experiences!