“Chillin' out at the Chelsea!!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 South Chelsea Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
“Chillin' out at the Chelsea!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I attended my first Teacher's Convention in Atlantic City. The best part was my family's experience at the Chelsea. It was AWESOME!!! Every employee was helpful and friendly (front desk, bellhop, housekeeping(to set up the cot in my room), Spa (getting my nails done again!), coffee shop. They do have a mini-bar in the room, there are also stores within walking distance for other snacks. The room was clean and beautiful! I decided to stay for two nights so I could spend time with my family. I had the best sleep of my life since the summer! I would definitely stay here again. No casinos in this hotel, but my son loved in because he could walk everywhere, no restrictions. Hotel is on boardwalk. I could see the ocean from my room. Looking good! Everything is within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask to see if they have any available ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
new brunswick, nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at the Chelsea last Sunday with my sister, girls night away. We got a good deal thru Groupon, $99 for an ocean view king room.
So, it's far enough away from the hubbub to actually enjoy quiet time on the boards and an empty beach (off season). It's also only a short walk to all the activity you could want; casinos, shows, restaurants, shopping. It's the best of both worlds.
Pros: Our room was on the 19th floor, great ocean view. Bed was comfy, lots of fluffy down covers and pillows. The room was clean. The rainfall shower was refreshing. Very good night sleep (that could've been due to alcohol). The decor is cute cheap chic. The location really was perfect, not too near, not too far.
Cons: it took 3 trips back to the desk after checking in to get my key card to work. Not a huge deal, but annoying. The pool was closed (ok, again it was off season). The hotel has a nightclub (closed), a rooftop bar (closed), and a restaurant/bar which had been open and empty at happy hour, but when we tried to stop in after dinner for drinks it was----wait for it! closed.
The parking was mandatory valet which would've been ok if we were going to be planted there but we wanted to drive over to the marina casinos and then elsewhere the next morning. Each time we needed to ask our car to be brought out, which involves tipping multiple times. Then, they told us they close the parking area on Monday for the week so we had to leave. We had been checking out so we were leaving anyway but what if we were staying another night or two? I guess you resort to street parking.
All in all, I really DID like this hotel. I would recommend it. I'm sure during the summer it draws a crowd.

Room Tip: Specify ocean view and aim for a high floor!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We had a pleasant experience at the Chelsea. The pool and spa were great. Initially we were put in a room next to the pool and it was pretty loud at night but we asked to be switched to another room without a problem. Overall great little boutique hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Nice rooms, but nothing special. Great location, though. Right next door to the Trop and Walking distance to Caesar's Pier Shops and Casino. Close to the action, yet not in a loud casino. Recommended.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I usually stay at Harah's but have been on a Boutique Hotel kick lately and loved the pictures on the website. I payed $319 for a king oceanview room. No problems with parking, short wait to leave. Check-in was pretty quick. Staff was pleasant enough. Room was large, oceanview was thru a very small window. Lighting in the room and bathroom was terrible. They seem to try but the feling is old & worn. Bathroom shower stall actually had soap residue and better job could have been done cleaning/polishing shower & vanity. All of these things can be overlooked at perhaps $169/night. NOT WORTH $319

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manalapan, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I've now stayed at The Annex (one star) and now the regular hotel which I expected to be better (it was, but still not good). The front desk at this place has always been a nightmare; not helpful, not smart. The quality of the rooms is well-worn and while stylish, they feel dirty and old. There are very few comfortable amenities and it's totally overpriced. The location to The Quarter and it's compatibility with bachelorette crowds is the only draw and why I've stayed twice. If you value customer service at all? Stay elsewhere.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at the Chelsea during Atlantic City Marathon weekend. Check in was quick and simple. No problems with parking - it was fast and easy to check my car in and out as needed during my stay.
I was given an ENORMOUS luxe queen room with a bay and street view. It seemed a little dark and until I noticed that a bulb was out in the entryway. When I called, someone was sent up to replace the bulb within minutes.
Since my room was located near the elevators, I anticipated a bit of noise but ran the air conditioning unit as white noise so was not disturbed by this. Bed was comfortable and the furniture and lamps were from several other eras. The large bathroom had an overhead rain shower which seemed to be have low pressure, but actually worked well.
Room was clean, there was a closet with a safe, a very large desk along one wall. House staff was very responsive to my requests.
No coffee maker in the room, which is an amenity I normally appreciate.
Hotel is eclectic and friendly. I'd like to visit again when the weather is warm.

Room Tip: The Luxe rooms are where you want to be. I'd book a room on a higher floor for quieter nights.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Chelsea? Share your experiences!