“Cool mad men theme, would love to give a great review, but...” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 South Chelsea Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Cool mad men theme, would love to give a great review, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We got a living social coupon for this hotel and it game with 25.00 coupon for food. Really loved the decor, the white piano bar so retro. The rooms also except we could hear everything going on in the room next door... Also halls needed vacuuming and the lobby area needed dusting. Friendly staff and the breakfast was excellent, but over priced if you don't have a coupon. Would love to tell the owners to hire betting housekeeping and do something about the paper thin walls, because I really did like this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great experience as usual! The outside of The Chelsea looks a little scary but this modern boutique is anything but that! I would compare it to a affordable "W"! Added bonus...you don't have to deal with the smell of stale air and cigarettes on your walk to your room!

• Stayed August 2013
Long Beach, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at your hotel and we were very dissatifed because the attending front desk was very rude and mean.They were not friendly at all, and requested a pack and play for our toddler and she said No!! Also i notice that the hotel was vey run down.
Last time we stay There.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My family had a wonderful time! The room was very pretty and the view was great. The beds were the most comfortable I've had for a vacation since a Royal Caribean Cruise(and they are known for their beds!) Everyone on staff that we interacted with were friendly and helpful. Our stay before taxes was $160.00 and included a $30.00 breakfast voucher. Very affordable! The restraunt was very tasty. I read most of the previous post,and strongly disagree. I would gladly stay here again. The hotel is located close enough to the casinos for convience and entertainment, but still in a "quieter" part of the Boardwalk for family Beach fun. Over all a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2013
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel is definitely weaker than any of the bigger hotels in AC like Tropicana or Harrahs. For the money I paid, I wasn't really all that impressed. Valet parking is $15. The room was alright, but seriously lacked any good lighting. The AC felt like it was barely on. The decor was cute, but that's about it. If I'm going to spend a lot of money on a hotel room in AC it won't be in the Chelsea.

The club on the 5th floor was so not ok. I was there for a party and there was nobody there but us. We still had our own fun, but yeah I would never go there again unless it was for something.

The other hotels are so much better when it comes down to it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Catasauqua, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We arrived @1pm and were told to enjoy the amenities but our room wasn't ready in the Luxe, not the Annex. . We valeted the car and used the Annex pool, the pool on level 5 was very cool., - the Annex pool is heated. Since we had registered early we could bypass the very long check-in lines at 4pm. To our great surprise the room we were assigned at that hour was on the PENTHOUSE level. The room was beautiful, the view spectacular, the bathroom pristine and the beds heavenly. Reviews we read were sometimes awful but we found everyone from check-in to valet to be kind, helpful and pleasant. The beach attendant will not only set up your chairs...he'll get you lunch and drinks.
The included breakfast at Terpletzky's was wonderful as well.
We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Parsippany, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the last three years. I usually book an ocean view room or a penthouse suite. Im sad to say the furnishings and fixtures are begining to really show signs of wear. The couch in our suite looked like a cat clawed it. The wallpaper was peeling. The curtains were stained. Bedding and linnins were nice. The views are great. The hotel staff is very courteous and helpful. The firealarm was activated for some reason at 2:00am and we had to evacuate walking down 19 floors. False alarm. No fire. I ordered breakfast from room service it was delivered promptly. Unfortunately the order was missing some items. The waiter said he would be back with the missing items. He never returned. The hotel manager removed the charge from my bill when I complained. We took advantage of the express checkout upon departure. Big mistake! I checked my credit card the next day on line only to find they over charged me by several hundred dollars. It took three seperate phone calls to finally speak with the hotel manager. In his defense he did help me out by correcting the charges to my card. It's sad to see the chelsea in decline. Like much of Atlantic city profits must be down. I have mixed emotions as to weather or not to stay there anymore.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Chelsea? Share your experiences!